Vox Gremory - DxD Parody Game [Development Thread]

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I made quite a lot of progress this end of the month. Many of the backgrounds are done, and so are some of the scripts.
Next month I will start editing and solving some of the issues (Redoing a few maps, extending some scripts, and so on).

By the end of today, I'll edit the OP so I can update it with the current progress and what's left to do.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Not the end of the month yet, but for some time I've been meaning to make a public post detailing my current workflow, and I used Issei's room as an example:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Doom Marine

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Done for this month as well! This time I solved a bunch of issues related to redoing some maps I was not happy with, all the other issues left kind of require for the game to be in a "production" stage as to avoid having to redo them more than once (Such as the dialogue box, no point in redoing it if I discover shortly after that I need it to be wider).

The game I am testing the assets with currently exists in a very old version of the framework as I wait for the newest one to release, if I am lucky, it'll happen a month or two before I need to release this game.

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
This actually looks like a hella amazing project, DxD sadly (Probably because of how ecchi the series is by nature and how niche it is outside specific circles) doesn't get even a fraction of good Hentai content as one would expect of the few popular series around with a Canon Mass Harem, not even many doujins, let alone actual H-games, so a knowing that one of such a crazy massive size like this one is planned is REALLY great.

Also, I know you said you "hated NTR of any kind", but honestly, if you're already planning on AUs changed that would truly affect things massively if applied to Canon like sex or there being a chance of Raynare (And maybe Mittelt and Kalawarner?) surviving, why not go further beyond and find a way to add Venelana and Grayfia to the Harem without it being NTR? They're honestly 2 of the hottest characters in the series and the Harem could always use more MILFs IMO, especially as Issei canonically only got one (Yasaka). You could make it so that in this AU Grayfia was just Sirzech's Queen and Maid rather than his wife and that Venelana had divorced Zeoticus sometime before this game started or something, thus making both of them 'fair game' without it being NTR here (Honestly, I just want more good H-content of those two that isn't just the twentieth Self Insert/OC fanfiction which is about the only real way of getting any +18 content of them nowadays XP). And is there any chance for minor characters like Aika, Katase, or Murayama having one or two scenes too?

Regardless of my suggestions, I want once again to say how excited I'm for this game and to congratulate you for your efforts in making it, wishing you the best with it!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
why not go further beyond and find a way to add Venelana and Grayfia to the Harem without it being NTR? They're honestly 2 of the hottest characters in the series and the Harem could always use more MILFs IMO, especially as Issei canonically only got one (Yasaka). You could make it so that in this AU Grayfia was just Sirzech's Queen and Maid rather than his wife and that Venelana had divorced Zeoticus sometime before this game started or something, thus making both of them 'fair game' without it being NTR here (Honestly, I just want more good H-content of those two that isn't just the twentieth Self Insert/OC fanfiction which is about the only real way of getting any +18 content of them nowadays XP). And is there any chance for minor characters like Aika, Katase, or Murayama having one or two scenes too?
Honestly, that'd be forcing it in a game whose story has already a lot of canon heroines, and the whole story would suffer from it.

I've already been designing (slowly but steadily) a game format where I can cover popular heroines in cases like this where they cannot fit in a main project, or I simply like some heroines but do not want to cover the whole story because I do not enjoy it.
It is very likely the first of those games will cover Rem (Love the character, hate the story) since the idea was born exactly from this :D However, I could cover those characters as well in future.

Katase and Murayama get some nude peeks at the beginning of the game, whereas Aika might get a bigger role in the late game, but it's honestly too early to make promises. Only thing I can be sure about at this point are the canon heroines.

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
Honestly, that'd be forcing it in a game whose story has already a lot of canon heroines, and the whole story would suffer from it.

I've already been designing (slowly but steadily) a game format where I can cover popular heroines in cases like this where they cannot fit in a main project, or I simply like some heroines but do not want to cover the whole story because I do not enjoy it.
It is very likely the first of those games will cover Rem (Love the character, hate the story) since the idea was born exactly from this :D However, I could cover those characters as well in future.

Katase and Murayama get some nude peeks at the beginning of the game, whereas Aika might get a bigger role in the late game, but it's honestly too early to make promises. Only thing I can be sure about at this point are the canon heroines.
Sad to hear, but fair. Honestly, though, I'm pretty sure is hella easy to rewrite Canon DxD with said changes (Or maybe it's the effect of seeing so many Harem fanfics doing so) mainly because for being such supposedly-important females like the mother of the main heroine and the wife of one of the leaders of the devil race, their marriages/relationships have basically no real weight in the main story at all because the author focused more on the wish-fulfillment/harem aspect of the story than in properly building a lot of the characters or the setting. As a result, we literally have more scenes of Venelana 'innocently flirting' with Issei than any of her doing anything wife-like with her actual husband, and despite their romance being supposedly a 'legendary love story' in Canon, we don't really have a single one of Grayfia acting as Sirzechs' wife, more like his maid/subordinate-that-disciplines-her-boss than anything else (Hell, thanks to that one sidestory/OVA, we literally have more of her and ISSEI ironically, when she got drunk as fuck and washed his back in the hot springs, and was literally about to end up riding his dick if Rias hadn't plot-conveniently stumbled upon them and prevented it). Again, maybe is just because I really wish there would be more good content of them as part of a Harem setting, but I genuinely think it could be easily doable, though I won't push for it if you really think it's not possible, this project already seems massively amazing by itself so kudos for that.

Fair on Murayama, Katese, and Aika, they're barely more than minor cuties that just happen to be hot so I wasn't really expecting much so even that little is nice. What about Sona and the Student Council? Any chance of them getting some scenes or also not really in the plans for not being part of the Canon Harem?

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
Sona and Tsubaki are also not part of the heroines in this game
Sad to know, but I guess understandable if you wanna keep things even more Canon-accurate, which IMO feels like a bit of a shame in a Hentai game, but I won't complain, as I said you're already doing an amazing job for the community making the game as is in the first place, so once again, best of luck :)!

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
hmm, welp my degenerate mind came up with a way to have Issei get them.

for Venelana, she's in a sort of open relationship with her husband and she took an interest Issei due to his 'heroic' actions during and after beating Riser. with some back story of after rias was born her father developed ED. he now in present times openly encourages his wive to have an 'affair', but no one has caught her fancy yet. technically not NTR, though imo it's about as distasteful. however somehow some couples IRL seem to manage to make this crap work for them. *shrug* naturally Venelana talks with Rias to avoid destroying their family bonds, but Rias was FAR more receptive than she thought. (could play towards Rias' otaku nature and wanting to give Issei some oyakudon action herself or something along the lines of her growing into some degen nerdy sexuality. idk Rias is WAY to under developed in canon imo.)

for Grayfia she'd have to join MUCH later. i'm thinking the only opportunity would be Sirzech told her 'we're now divorced' when he goes off to fight the 666 beast. probably with the logic of he's not able to be a attentive husband and father when he's gone for most of his kid's life. thus he wants her to move on, and find a more suitable father figure for his kid to rely on. honestly mixed about this one, but there is a logic to it i don't hate. and that is wishing the best for someone you know you can't be around for.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Good news, I am done with all the content for R1 and R2! I only need to edit some stuff and extend some scenes, and do all the UI (including redoing the dialogue box). This is what I'll be doing for the rest of this month.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
How much "ara ara" is going to be included in this game? This is arguably the single most important point.
There won't be any meaningful hentai content in the first releases as the game follows the Light Novel events, but Akeno will be one of the first heroines Issei will be experiencing, roughly around the time when Akeno offers her skills to help with Issei's arm, but she won't be sucking his finger.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
There won't be any meaningful hentai content in the first releases as the game follows the Light Novel events, but Akeno will be one of the first heroines Issei will be experiencing, roughly around the time when Akeno offers her skills to help with Issei's arm, but she won't be sucking his finger.
i could be wrong but, i think he was asking about the dialogue and/or snipped audio for the literal 'ara ara'. :KEK:

it seems to be both a meme and a fetish at this point.

also random idea winter, but instead of annoying flashback without much foreshadowing, how about some tasteful foreshadowing during the start of the game giving an overview of issei's childhood and friendship with irina? like as issai narrates his life to the players with a life overview and introducing his obsession with tits. if i remember his dead gramps visited him in a shin DxD and gave some insight as to how he encouraged issei to become the perv he is. or maybe just some simple scenic renders for some more subtle foreshadowing?

Last edited:
Reactions: oshtoshashlyk

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
i could be wrong but, i think he was asking about the dialogue and/or snipped audio for the literal 'ara ara'. :KEK:

it seems to be both a meme and a fetish at this point.
In dialogue, there are three ara, ara in R1 and two ara, ara in R2. I do not like voice, so that'll never be included.

also random idea winter, but instead of annoying flashback without much foreshadowing, how about some tasteful foreshadowing during the start of the game giving an overview of issei's childhood and friendship with irina?
Issei doesn't remember her, or rather "him" according to his memories.
I could add some small interactables in his room, and mention an old friendship with a certain individual, but nothing more than that.