Vox Gremory - DxD Parody Game [Development Thread]

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Header.png
This is the development thread for my next upcoming game, Vox Gremory, coming out this year.
Despite a Game Design Document already existing, and most of the game already planned out, with some of the scenes also written, I made this thread in order to get suggestions, wishes and other feedback while the game is still yet to release since changing or adding things at this stage is much simpler.

About the game...
Vox Gremory will follow, for the most part, the events in the canon while expanding and focusing on the hentai content.
If you have already played other projects of mine such as Overlord H or Legacy of Hestia, you can get a better idea of what to expect.
It will be, at its core, a Visual Novel with all the features you would expect from one (Rollback, skip, and so on) with eastern-type design where characters and backgrounds are split, and unique images are for special scenes (Akeno giving a blowjob, for instance).
RPG mechanics, minigames and a hub similar to Legacy of Hestia is also planned.

The major difference when compared to my past projects is that this game will not feature any route, as harem is really the only option.
The game will be designed to be completable in a single playthrough, giving the players different methods to unlock past content within the hub.
If you do not like the idea of minigames and other mechanics, I will also be implementing a way to skip them (Similarly to how Legacy of Hestia has a Story-only mode).

About the development...
At the time of writing this post, I am currently busy with developing the epilogue of my current project, Legacy of Hestia.
As such, there is only so much I can dedicate to this project at the moment (typically at the end of the month) in an effort to have three releases ready by the time my current project is completed.

Once Legacy of Hestia is completed, this will become my main project (With the sequel of Legacy of Hestia becoming my side project), and you'll be able to expect a monthly release.
Each release will cover an episode (Not always related to the anime, just my way of naming each group of scene) moving away from chapters currently used in Legacy of Hestia.
This will make it much easier to predict upcoming stuff if you are a fan of the series.

This is a long term project, with the goal of covering all the main story as I have already done with my previous project, Overlord H.

Planned tags...
2DGame, 3DCG (Koikatsu), Anal, Big Tits, Combat, Creampie, Fantasy, Groping, Handjob, Harem, Humor, Internal View, Male Protagonist, Oral Sex, Paranormal, Parody, Pregnancy, Religion, Romance, RPG, School Setting, Strategy, Stripping, Superpowers, Teasing, Titfuck, Turn Based Combat, Vaginal Sex, Virgin.

Planned heroines...
Rias, Akeno, Raynare, Asia, Xenovia, Irina, Kuroka, Koneko, Rossweisse, Ravel.

Note: This is not the final amount, it is just what I managed to plan so far. Anything else would be an empty promise.
You can try to suggest one of the missing heroines, and I will let you know if it is something I have taken in consideration but that I cannot promise yet, or if she is not planned at all.
Keep in mind that I am heavily against NTR, and I mean all forms and definitions of it.

Current Suggestions/Feedback/Wishes...
Nothing so far.

Current Progress...
First and Second release are completed.
They are to be released by February 25.

[Add Game Thread here]

No more updates will be posted here, instead, you can follow the development on my or pages.
If you have any question, contact me here on F95Zone or .

Last edited:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
dxd.png
I am done with March's progress for now.

Only very few things missing before R1 is ready, if I manage to finish the content of my current project planned for this month quickly enough, I might have enough time to actually solve some of the issues and finish the missing content for R1.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Please dont kill off the fallen angel girls.
Raynare is part of the main cast of heroines, as for the others... I suppose I can try to consider the idea of not killing them off and see how it works and if it is even possible. No promises for this though.

Reactions: Doom Marine

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
is it too late to ask for an option of killing off raynare? i actually really liked what you did in overlord H with celmentine, and wanna see you make something similar here where her life or death is a player option. unlike celmentine i don't have any love for raynare so i'm a lot more likely to kill her off my first run of the game! :KEK:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
is it too late to ask for an option of killing off raynare? i actually really liked what you did in overlord H with celmentine, and wanna see you make something similar here where her life or death is a player option. unlike celmentine i don't have any love for raynare so i'm a lot more likely to kill her off my first run of the game! :KEK:
Unfortunately that's not possible as it would pretty much go like in canon, and players would have to wait a very long time before Issei gets over his trauma and doesn't feel like he's being tricked.
"Sparing" her (Which, to be honest, is a worse fate than death for what I have planned :D) allows the game to have a heroine that some people might enjoy, and a less severe trauma so Issei can build his harem way quicker with confidence.
Due to how the game is built, you can simply skip the content and ignore Raynare.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
Unfortunately that's not possible as it would pretty much go like in canon, and players would have to wait a very long time before Issei gets over his trauma and doesn't feel like he's being tricked.
"Sparing" her (Which, to be honest, is a worse fate than death for what I have planned :D) allows the game to have a heroine that some people might enjoy, and a less severe trauma so Issei can build his harem way quicker with confidence.
Due to how the game is built, you can simply skip the content and ignore Raynare.
hmm, i wonder. what if rias caught onto issei's issue early shortly after reviving him? like how shock therapy works. though it's pretty hit and miss depending on the timing from what i understand.

maybe it could be an idea to have akeno be a little bit more slutty, and (maybe upon rias' request, or her own prerogative) have sex with issei early on after his 'reincarnation' as a devil but before the duel with raiser? maybe with the idea of making him her sex friend instead of romance straight away?

another idea is someone catching onto issei's issue and decides to play cupid, subtly suggesting asia 'pay him back' for saving her life knowing she's falling for him already.

anyways i'm not so certain it has to play out like the series would if raynare dies in regards to issei's trauma. i'm pretty sure you have a excess amount of wiggle room with this one.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
hmm, i wonder. what if rias caught onto issei's issue early shortly after reviving him? like how shock therapy works. though it's pretty hit and miss depending on the timing from what i understand.

maybe it could be an idea to have akeno be a little bit more slutty, and (maybe upon rias' request, or her own prerogative) have sex with issei early on after his 'reincarnation' as a devil but before the duel with raiser? maybe with the idea of making him her sex friend instead of romance straight away?

another idea is someone catching onto issei's issue and decides to play cupid, subtly suggesting asia 'pay him back' for saving her life knowing she's falling for him already.

anyways i'm not so certain it has to play out like the series would if raynare dies in regards to issei's trauma. i'm pretty sure you have a excess amount of wiggle room with this one.
Rias is often the whole reason preventing some of the heroines trying to get a piece of Issei :p And unfortunately Rias isn't without flaws either, I will not say she is an airhead, but at the beginning she pretty much orders Issei to refer her as "President" and once he does, she is like "Why won't he call me by name?!", not right away of course, but the series often plays with these misunderstandings.
When you get a trauma out of such betrayals, heroines acting more slutty towards him will not really solve much anyway.

I could technically add the choice to kill Raynare, but the choice would pretty much be "Do you want hentai content now, or 6 months from now?" the choice in such a game would be quite obvious, and those who kill Raynare without being aware of this would become angry and spam me "Why can't i shove my face on rias tits yet?!".
The choice of killing Clementine or not did have a real effect, with the story splitting in two, and giving the same amount of content, just different.

I also prepared many different scenes with Raynare, some of them will be enjoyable for those who actually hate Raynare, and will make them love Akeno more, but that's all I will say about them as I do not want to spoil them. :p
I believe this change in the main plot, alongside all the things I have prepared with Raynare, will be what sets my game apart from all the other DxD parodies currently available.

• Wow

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
Rias is often the whole reason preventing some of the heroines trying to get a piece of Issei :p And unfortunately Rias isn't without flaws either, I will not say she is an airhead, but at the beginning she pretty much orders Issei to refer her as "President" and once he does, she is like "Why won't he call me by name?!", not right away of course, but the series often plays with these misunderstandings.
When you get a trauma out of such betrayals, heroines acting more slutty towards him will not really solve much anyway.
hmm, to be fair i figured you were going to play rias as being even more ok with sharing from get go rather than her 'need' to be first as per canon. :KEK:

i will probably never defend rias's folly with near demanding first name basis after already establishing a hierarchy, and for whatever reason forgetting under what circumstances she picked issei up in. nor issei's idiocy at drawing the line there instead of elsewhere. :FacePalm:

i don't think i fully agree if issei is actually pressured into sex. sure if it ends with JUST temptation and/or foreplay stuff i would say you have a point. but the way i see it the act of sex would be a trigger for him to acknowledge and work to solve his issue. despite his horny power levels being over 9000, issei did have some romantic tendencies in him, and those don't just die overnight. so supposing he gets metaphorically throw in the pool early on enough i think he'd have a fair chance at overcoming his fears based on the actual commitment shown by whom he slept with and how they still treat him the same or better after.

I could technically add the choice to kill Raynare, but the choice would pretty much be "Do you want hentai content now, or 6 months from now?" the choice in such a game would be quite obvious, and those who kill Raynare without being aware of this would become angry and spam me "Why can't i shove my face on rias tits yet?!".
The choice of killing Clementine or not did have a real effect, with the story splitting in two, and giving the same amount of content, just different.
under the impression you could still do something very similar with raynare as you did with clementine. though i do understand you want the characters to be as close to canon as possible. but i think having his trauma be caught early on, and a shock therapy alternative route would be an acceptable amount of liberties used for the greater good of the story and even characters. especially since it wouldn't change too much in the overall story depending on who issei sleeps with, why, and the nature of the relationship.

I also prepared many different scenes with Raynare, some of them will be enjoyable for those who actually hate Raynare, and will make them love Akeno more, but that's all I will say about them as I do not want to spoil them. :p
I believe this change in the main plot, alongside all the things I have prepared with Raynare, will be what sets my game apart from all the other DxD parodies currently available.
sounds like some overlord canon level torture is coming then i assume? :KEK:

also i may need links to the parodies you mentioned... for research purposes! :KEK: mainly because last i searched there were no good parodies really, just smut games that happened to have DxD characters in them. i have read one or two web novel parodies though. one of which i still in my reading list on scribble hub. it's a crossover parody type that replaces issei as the MC though.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
hmm, to be fair i figured you were going to play rias as being even more ok with sharing from get go rather than her 'need' to be first as per canon. :KEK:
I usually do not change characters much, I try to stay as 1:1 as possible, within reason.
I will surely cut/ease down some of the misunderstandings as they do get pretty heavy to stand, with the whole "Call me president, but actually do not" as just one of the many.

i don't think i fully agree if issei is actually pressured into sex. sure if it ends with JUST temptation and/or foreplay stuff i would say you have a point.
Sex is just that, it may be exciting the first times, but they do not fix trauma.

issei did have some romantic tendencies in him, and those don't just die overnight.
Which is exactly why what Rayanre did is so effective on him, even after so much time. Doesn't help the fact he keeps everything bottled in. He needs to have a chance to get over what she did, possibly with some revenge. In short, confidence.

also i may need links to the parodies you mentioned... for research purposes! :KEK:
https://f95zone.to/threads/dxxxd-v0-5-night_games.122244/ and https://f95zone.to/threads/devils-academy-dxd-v0-2-naitoh.125735/ with the latter possibly the closest thing to my game, although I haven't played neither of them. It does seem to follow the canon plot though.

There is another one, but I can't recall the name... It is from a dev with many games, and he puts them to vote I believe.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
Sex is just that, it may be exciting the first times, but they do not fix trauma.

Which is exactly why what Rayanre did is so effective on him, even after so much time. Doesn't help the fact he keeps everything bottled in. He needs to have a chance to get over what she did, possibly with some revenge. In short, confidence.
hmm, i want to admit you have a rather good point with how sex doesn't (directly) heal trauma, but i also am seeing a mixed message here. you see it too right?

supposing one of the girls (possibly asia as the best choice) throws themself at him early on, not only would he gain some level of confidence back, but he'd also realize he can open his heart up to her and by extension the others no? i'm a little curious why you'd think issei wouldn't recognize his issue and open up about it to his first sex partner. i mean if they stick around after sex (which they will) then that's a sign towards some level of genuine affection for him in his horny cornball mind no? that specifically is what i'm thinking will force him to face his insecurities.

Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
hmm, i want to admit you have a rather good point with how sex doesn't (directly) heal trauma, but i also am seeing a mixed message here. you see it too right?

supposing one of the girls (possibly asia as the best choice) throws themself at him early on, not only would he gain some level of confidence back, but he'd also realize he can open his heart up to her and by extension the others no? i'm a little curious why you'd think issei wouldn't recognize his issue and open up about it to his first sex partner. i mean if they stick around after sex (which they will) then that's a sign towards some level of genuine affection for him in his horny cornball mind no? that specifically is what i'm thinking will force him to face his insecurities.
I mean, during the 7 months (S1 to S4) Issei is kissed, some even plain out confess to him, and it should be pretty obvious that they will be sticking around. However, at the end he still breaks down. I do not really see how sex would change this.
Even in real life some people might take that much time to get over their first girlfriend if it ended badly, but Raynare takes it a step further by acting as the perfect girlfriend, then kill him and change his life forever after erasing every trace of hers.
The whole thing would feel cheap if he got over it after some sex any earlier than the time it takes in canon, and I do not really see the point when there's a much better solution I already wrote.

Also, the character of Issei (as most MCs of this genre) are not really "Planners", they face challenges head on and grow stronger out of them. With Raynare alive, he is given this chance.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
I mean, during the 7 months (S1 to S4) Issei is kissed, some even plain out confess to him, and it should be pretty obvious that they will be sticking around. However, at the end he still breaks down. I do not really see how sex would change this.
Even in real life some people might take that much time to get over their first girlfriend if it ended badly, but Raynare takes it a step further by acting as the perfect girlfriend, then kill him and change his life forever after erasing every trace of hers.
The whole thing would feel cheap if he got over it after some sex any earlier than the time it takes in canon, and I do not really see the point when there's a much better solution I already wrote.

Also, the character of Issei (as most MCs of this genre) are not really "Planners", they face challenges head on and grow stronger out of them. With Raynare alive, he is given this chance.
tbh i think we can chalk a good part of that up to author being a sissy with their lack of commitment to writing sex scenes. however with that said, i think sex and the intimacy that would come with it and after it would be a trigger for him to actively want to face his issue. raynare only went so far to put on her act after all, and as far as i remember she wasn't really all that psychically affectionate to him so by shock therapy method to 'overwhelm' the trauma to force it to be recognized to himself would be suitable. and considering issei's issue was caught later instead of early it makes some amount of sense that his issue became more prominent than it should've been due to it being ignored. so yea, pretty sure a shock therapy method would be viable if caught early on.

i don't think i suggested he should get over it right away after sex, rather the idea is he would realize and acknowledge it after sex and start to open his heart earlier progressively. so i don't think that's cheapening him or his issue, rather i'd think it would be an improvement to his character. but yea, do remember i'm not asking you to abandon your current plans, just want you to consider an alternative player choice route you could make!

issei not being a planner is already factored in tbh, i think him responding to a level of intimacy above and well beyond what he previously experienced. (which really wasn't much in hind sight) and his reacting to his 'urge' to pull away despite his rational mind recognizing X person (like asia) would never harm him like he has been. would force his hand to recognize he has an issue. and tbh once he recognizes it i have 0 doubt he wouldn't be actively trying to tackle it, even if he's fumbling around making dumb choices in 'how' to deal with it.

alright lemme see if i can paint this picture a little better. lets go by rias being about as possessive at being issei's first in everything. with the exception of asia for three reasons. first being issei was the one who pretty much saved her, so rias feeling empathy towards such a white knight like situation. thus issei 'earned' her and rias thinks/feels asia's affection should be responded to. secondly, asia is pretty much a butterball in the way of rias comes to care deeply for her, and doesn't view her as a threat in terms of ability to steal away issei. thirdly, rias picks up on issei's issue either by herself or someone talking to her about it. rias is somewhat of a planner, but she's also pretty impulsive, so supposing she's not quite ready to cross the line herself she would likely allow and encourage asia to handle the issue head on. thus leading to a shock therapy method being implemented.

don't you think such a situation is plausible? not only with working to fix the issue but character motive wise? personally i think the only issue would be issei himself at that point, and that much can easily be finessed to make it work without breaking player immersion.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
tbh i think we can chalk a good part of that up to author being a sissy with their lack of commitment to writing sex scenes. however with that said, i think sex and the intimacy that would come with it and after it would be a trigger for him to actively want to face his issue. raynare only went so far to put on her act after all, and as far as i remember she wasn't really all that psychically affectionate to him so by shock therapy method to 'overwhelm' the trauma to force it to be recognized to himself would be suitable. and considering issei's issue was caught later instead of early it makes some amount of sense that his issue became more prominent than it should've been due to it being ignored. so yea, pretty sure a shock therapy method would be viable if caught early on.

i don't think i suggested he should get over it right away after sex, rather the idea is he would realize and acknowledge it after sex and start to open his heart earlier progressively. so i don't think that's cheapening him or his issue, rather i'd think it would be an improvement to his character. but yea, do remember i'm not asking you to abandon your current plans, just want you to consider an alternative player choice route you could make!

issei not being a planner is already factored in tbh, i think him responding to a level of intimacy above and well beyond what he previously experienced. (which really wasn't much in hind sight) and his reacting to his 'urge' to pull away despite his rational mind recognizing X person (like asia) would never harm him like he has been. would force his hand to recognize he has an issue. and tbh once he recognizes it i have 0 doubt he wouldn't be actively trying to tackle it, even if he's fumbling around making dumb choices in 'how' to deal with it.

alright lemme see if i can paint this picture a little better. lets go by rias being about as possessive at being issei's first in everything. with the exception of asia for three reasons. first being issei was the one who pretty much saved her, so rias feeling empathy towards such a white knight like situation. thus issei 'earned' her and rias thinks/feels asia's affection should be responded to. secondly, asia is pretty much a butterball in the way of rias comes to care deeply for her, and doesn't view her as a threat in terms of ability to steal away issei. thirdly, rias picks up on issei's issue either by herself or someone talking to her about it. rias is somewhat of a planner, but she's also pretty impulsive, so supposing she's not quite ready to cross the line herself she would likely allow and encourage asia to handle the issue head on. thus leading to a shock therapy method being implemented.

don't you think such a situation is plausible? not only with working to fix the issue but character motive wise? personally i think the only issue would be issei himself at that point, and that much can easily be finessed to make it work without breaking player immersion.
Even if I were to rewrite some of the planned scenes and somehow fit that in, that would just work towards making the game not completable in a single playthrough, the rest would stay virtually the same with the exception of adding a scene where you kill off a character and therefore a chunk of the game's content (And that only if I were to successfully rewrite and somehow manage to make the hentai content happen around the same time).

You have to take into consideration that this is going to be a long term project covering all of the source material (25 of the main volumes + all the others), in comparison Overlord H which covered 13 volumes was arund 500k words, so about 25 hours of gameplay.
Now, Overlord H is almost a pure visual novel so you can effortlessly hold CTRL and with some patience you will reach the point you want in a timely manner, but this project is going to have RPG mechanics AND minigames, so if you were to reach 25 hours of gameplay and still be only at half content and kind of regret killing off Raynare, good luck with that.

I could still make a poll on Patreon and ask whether they want such an option or not, and redirect angry players at that poll, but that would still get me spam and the general consensus that not killing Raynare is the best option since you can ignore her, get her content whenever you wish for completion's sake, and make the game effectively differ from the main source a little more since all the other choices wouldn't be as meaningful for this same reason. In short, killing off Rayanare would become a trap choice but instead of being thrown to a Game Over screen, people might regret it 20 hours later into the game.

At the end, this is going to be a fan-game which closely follows the source, but will often differ in its own direction to make things more interesting for fans of the series, and do not make them feel like they are essentially rereading the LN with minigames and RPG mechanics inbetween, with the only reward being porn.
Issei at the beginning will be slightly different than the canon's, with those differences only expanding down the line, and Raynare herself will be fleshed out even more, mainly because not many information are available about her. And this is only the beginning, the more elements and things I can add that differ from the source (while still being true to it), the more you will be able to enjoy playing this game while rewatching the anime or rereading the LN, without feeling you are doing the same thing over again.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
Even if I were to rewrite some of the planned scenes and somehow fit that in, that would just work towards making the game not completable in a single playthrough, the rest would stay virtually the same with the exception of adding a scene where you kill off a character and therefore a chunk of the game's content (And that only if I were to successfully rewrite and somehow manage to make the hentai content happen around the same time).

You have to take into consideration that this is going to be a long term project covering all of the source material (25 of the main volumes + all the others), in comparison Overlord H which covered 13 volumes was arund 500k words, so about 25 hours of gameplay.
Now, Overlord H is almost a pure visual novel so you can effortlessly hold CTRL and with some patience you will reach the point you want in a timely manner, but this project is going to have RPG mechanics AND minigames, so if you were to reach 25 hours of gameplay and still be only at half content and kind of regret killing off Raynare, good luck with that.

I could still make a poll on Patreon and ask whether they want such an option or not, and redirect angry players at that poll, but that would still get me spam and the general consensus that not killing Raynare is the best option since you can ignore her, get her content whenever you wish for completion's sake, and make the game effectively differ from the main source a little more since all the other choices wouldn't be as meaningful for this same reason. In short, killing off Rayanare would become a trap choice but instead of being thrown to a Game Over screen, people might regret it 20 hours later into the game.

At the end, this is going to be a fan-game which closely follows the source, but will often differ in its own direction to make things more interesting for fans of the series, and do not make them feel like they are essentially rereading the LN with minigames and RPG mechanics inbetween, with the only reward being porn.
Issei at the beginning will be slightly different than the canon's, with those differences only expanding down the line, and Raynare herself will be fleshed out even more, mainly because not many information are available about her. And this is only the beginning, the more elements and things I can add that differ from the source (while still being true to it), the more you will be able to enjoy playing this game while rewatching the anime or rereading the LN, without feeling you are doing the same thing over again.
what can i say, i love giving you more work! :KEK:

hmm, this might be short sighted of me, but i think you're being overly conscious of the crybaby complainers. literally anything under the sun can piss people off it seems. but despite this i understand your point of hard locking players out of content they might want later on. in which case, i'd say maybe consider a cheat code for adding RPG stats or something. you could possibly even get creative with it like only accessible once the game is completed once, put the codes behind a paywall with the eary access releases, or even have it be a hidden easter egg type deal in the game. and depending on how liner or sandbox like you plan for the game to be you could make a 'skip to X part of the game' type feature. anyways those are some top of my head workaround ideas i've seen in other games here and there.

somehow i bet people will vote against a killing raynare option in a poll, but while i think it's unlikely maybe raynare will be among the crowd most hated and want her death. so maybe a poll isn't a bad idea after all. if not for the idea i proposed itself just to see your supporter's take on how well liked/disliked raynare even is. life be strange sometimes so it's even possible for pigs to fly and the poll results be 70 or 80% want her dead and thought she didn't deserve even a chance at any redemption at all. :KEK:

regardless i think we covered all or nearly all bases in this convo. nice to talk shop with ya again winterfire, hope i didn't grate on your nerves any!

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
hmm, this might be short sighted of me, but i think you're being overly conscious of the crybaby complainers. literally anything under the sun can piss people off it seems. but despite this i understand your point of hard locking players out of content they might want later on. in which case, i'd say maybe consider a cheat code for adding RPG stats or something. you could possibly even get creative with it like only accessible once the game is completed once, put the codes behind a paywall with the eary access releases, or even have it be a hidden easter egg type deal in the game. and depending on how liner or sandbox like you plan for the game to be you could make a 'skip to X part of the game' type feature. anyways those are some top of my head workaround ideas i've seen in other games here and there.
Oh I am aware people will always complain about something, it is literally impossible to please everyone, even something as simple as having or not having a harem: If I make a game with harem, people will want a game without harem. If I make a game without harem, people will want a harem. The best solution is often inbetween, but that's not always possible.

There will be cheat codes and all, but that still won't make catching up to a point in the game any faster.
Also, selectable episodes is something that has always been suggested, but I have never been sure on how to implement that... I could see that work in a kinetic novel, but in a visual novel or worse in a game with statistics and all, skipping to another part of the game should be impossible unless you are willing to set manually each stat and choice, which is hardly a clean solution imho.

Offering the missing content once the game is completed could work if it was just hentai scenes, but the game will also feature sfw side scenes between characters and that's across from when Azazel is introduced till the end game, hentai scenes without context could work, but all the rest wouldn't.

somehow i bet people will vote against a killing raynare option in a poll, but while i think it's unlikely maybe raynare will be among the crowd most hated and want her death. so maybe a poll isn't a bad idea after all. if not for the idea i proposed itself just to see your supporter's take on how well liked/disliked raynare even is. life be strange sometimes so it's even possible for pigs to fly and the poll results be 70 or 80% want her dead and thought she didn't deserve even a chance at any redemption at all. :KEK:
You'd be surprised.

The great majority dislikes Raynare for multiple reasons, those who would want her integrated in the story are a very few vocal minority, and most of them it is because boobas, which do not even happen in the LN anyway.
Some dream up of the possible potential of a redemption arc, and others simply misunderstand her character as multiple fanfics show.
At the end, you can't really blame anyone as her character is pretty much "Villain N1", and it would be impossible to integrate her in any story without fleshing her out (much) further starting from the few bases the source offered.
At the end, it'd be mostly wasted efforts as Raynare is essentially the bad/cheap copy of Akeno... Hence why most would never consider her or vote her to be killed off if offered the chance.
However, that works for me as it gives me the chance to differ from the source (and other parodies) without actually forcing said content on anyone.

regardless i think we covered all or nearly all bases in this convo. nice to talk shop with ya again winterfire, hope i didn't grate on your nerves any!
Not at all! I created this thread precisely to have these discussions with different points of view while I still have the chance to change things when and where possible. So thanks for this convo!