4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Radish Cruton

Nov 14, 2017
The reason I like it is because I don’t think of it in terms of fitting in or not, I think of the variety it provides. I liked Witch Trainer, so I like the school bit in VWA. Then of course there is the fact that Astrid looks hot in that part of the game, so I really have no idea why people are complaining.

Reactions: Armelle69

Fenix34

Jun 16, 2017
is it dead again just like valentina story i hope not i hope he finish but i doubt it more then 2months nothing heard from him
i hate you.

do you even read the comments before yours? Even if its just like 1 or 2 pages. theres like 3 posts making fun of posts like yours.

In terms of the school, i do really like it. Its a well done witch trainer with one of my favorite characters on this site so I like it. I can understand the out of place argument because you could be wrestling someone fully naked in front of a bunch of people there, and then nervous about walking outside with a bra on. But overall I think it should stay, it helps give the ultimate feel of her decent into exhibitionism and lewdness.

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
Say is the developer still working on this or did he fall off the face of the earth?
The last contact was a post that DRG made in mid-December (iirc) saying that v0.6.0 was expected to be released in late January or early February as he still had a heap of rendering & writing to do.

As a Patreon, I am prepared to cut him some slack because of the time of year with all the holidays & everything - but like most others, I'm looking forward to the next version!

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Your description is nail on the head in my opinion. I feel like I had to do a trainer game just to continue with the excellent Astrid game. I guess you could cheat the stats instead.

The trainer game isn't bad, it is just out of place I think.
I get your point, and you might be right. Still I like it a lot and of course it's the main way to gain the necessary stats.

As I said, I like the trainer game part a lot, but I am not happy with it for other reasons - actually I wrote that here before some time ago already. I don't like it that there are no reactions of the other students towards her changes in character and outfits, that seems to be the main issue. And I agree that the trainer game seems to be out of place, and to me the main reason is that she can't wear the outfits from school outside school. This does not spoil the fun, because I really love the main story and its events, so this game stays my all time favourite, really the best and entertaining one, it reall nails some of my main fetishes (and I am happy that so far the urination stuff is easily and totally avoidable).

CrazyElf

Feb 26, 2018
I would agree that the school training is a bit out of place but I would not say it is the trainer part as it gives a lot of sense for her lewdness and shame increase. However, some of the outfits are out of theme making it so weird. I mean I love Harley Quinn outfit, but it does not belong into medieval fantasy story line. Still by far one of my favorite games. If next release is good I might start supporting the developer.

ronn264

Nov 15, 2018
The school trainer game part should be more tied with the rest of the story. And there should be some 'limits' of training until Astrid will not progress with the main storyline. Right now trainer part & story part are independent & this creates weird situations where Astrid acts very slutty while being in the school & prude during story heavy moments. Also, some school costumes are immersion breaking & overall don't impact how the world perceives her.

Besides, the whole reason why Astrid wanted to study in that school was her will to improve fighting skills & I don't see it. In corruption games I always do second playthrough with virgin route & that route is usually harder, because heroine must reject some offers to keep her high moral standards. And it would be a good option if school training would actually make her better fighter (besides making her total slut) or at least make it easier to become one. That would make corruption more logical. MC would have to choose between easy option & compromise her morals or train on her own & struggle (but keep her innocence & virginity).

Also, is it just me or there was huge shift in 'training process'? She was just showing more & more skin & suddenly she gives bj to total strangers without any struggle? Was there even bj scene with Don before that? I felt like I'm missing something.

sandman8585

Jan 13, 2018
With most of these games I think the Devl, thinks that the more he/she gives the less they have to give for future funds. That or they are all virgins that has never been touched by a girl. Being able to get a bj or touch a girls boobs is no big deal. Also most of these games go from being able to walk around naked to give bjs? Does not make sense. But i Digress, This game has great pics. But most of the games like this one takes to long to get any action. Really games are for fantasy. Most of these games focus on what you can do to a girl in real life. They are irritating and pointless at times. That is why I would make a game that actually focuses on making the player forget about real life and what they really want.

Reactions: gamiat

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Besides, the whole reason why Astrid wanted to study in that school was her will to improve fighting skills & I don't see it. In corruption games I always do second playthrough with virgin route & that route is usually harder, because heroine must reject some offers to keep her high moral standards. And it would be a good option if school training would actually make her better fighter (besides making her total slut) or at least make it easier to become one. That would make corruption more logical. MC would have to choose between easy option & compromise her morals or train on her own & struggle (but keep her innocence & virginity).

Also, is it just me or there was huge shift in 'training process'? She was just showing more & more skin & suddenly she gives bj to total strangers without any struggle? Was there even bj scene with Don before that? I felt like I'm missing something.
Actually Astrid's fighting skills do rise with each day at school, only that there are no elements (text or pictures) about fighting lessons, which would be fun, taken all her costumes at school, but just as well a lot of work for the dev without much impact on the game/story. Then again I would love to see some renders of Astrid fighting in her skimpy outfits, without panties and baring her boobs while fighting. Well... still it is more important that the story goes on.

About the huge shift in 'training process" I would say yes and no. There are between steps like groping and striping fully nude, I'm not sure whether there was a handjob before the blowjob. What kind of inbetween steps would you suggest? Or do you talk about the tasks Astrid fulfills in class, especially with the other students? When she finally has sex with them it is only shown in one single render each time, to progress towards it was okay to me. I only wished the dev would have put a little more love into the scenes, telling (with text or renders) how she approaches the task, to put it more clear, how she seduces the fellow student. And it would be nice if that had an impact on her reputation in school. Actually it kind of has something like that, because the students at the inn change their attitude towards Astrid - very well done by the dev - but inside school nothing seems to change. I would love to see more of that.

ronn264

Nov 15, 2018
What kind of inbetween steps would you suggest?
Take into consideration that I have played this game like 3 months ago, so I don't remeber everything that well. But first & foremost there should be some huge epic scene with Don where she gives him her first clumsy bj. She barely touched his cock, but she sucks cocks of everybody else now. I didn't get impression that Don likes 'sloppy seconds'. IMO, she should have more 'physical contact' with males first (kissing, bold breast/ass groping, handjob). And as you said, there should be more exposition before & during those scenes. In corruption games I like to know thoughts of girls that get corrupted, that's half the fun (and one of the reasons why I prefer the rest of the game more that slut trainer part).

Reactions: ray3dave

torroan

Nov 8, 2017
Actually Astrid's fighting skills do rise with each day at school, only that there are no elements (text or pictures) about fighting lessons, which would be fun, taken all her costumes at school, but just as well a lot of work for the dev without much impact on the game/story. Then again I would love to see some renders of Astrid fighting in her skimpy outfits, without panties and baring her boobs while fighting. Well... still it is more important that the story goes on.

About the huge shift in 'training process" I would say yes and no. There are between steps like groping and striping fully nude, I'm not sure whether there was a handjob before the blowjob. What kind of inbetween steps would you suggest? Or do you talk about the tasks Astrid fulfills in class, especially with the other students? When she finally has sex with them it is only shown in one single render each time, to progress towards it was okay to me. I only wished the dev would have put a little more love into the scenes, telling (with text or renders) how she approaches the task, to put it more clear, how she seduces the fellow student. And it would be nice if that had an impact on her reputation in school. Actually it kind of has something like that, because the students at the inn change their attitude towards Astrid - very well done by the dev - but inside school nothing seems to change. I would love to see more of that.
On the point of it improving her fighting skills you do see a little of it when u are doing the flash route which ends with her fighting naked against ppl and kicking their butts ,, but agree wish there was more to it and the story around it

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Take into consideration that I have played this game like 3 months ago, so I don't remeber everything that well. But first & foremost there should be some huge epic scene with Don where she gives him her first clumsy bj. She barely touched his cock, but she sucks cocks of everybody else now. I didn't get impression that Don likes 'sloppy seconds'. IMO, she should have more 'physical contact' with males first (kissing, bold breast/ass groping, handjob). And as you said, there should be more exposition before & during those scenes. In corruption games I like to know thoughts of girls that get corrupted, that's half the fun (and one of the reasons why I prefer the rest of the game more that slut trainer part).
I totally agree with that. also I wish the magic shop route would be continued, handing out flyers as well as helping the guy, the dev showed great fantasy in that, and I am sure he could think of more hilarious stuff.

torroan

Nov 8, 2017
I totally agree with that. also I wish the magic shop route would be continued, handing out flyers as well as helping the guy, the dev showed great fantasy in that, and I am sure he could think of more hilarious stuff.
according to info from last couple of updates the dev put out they will be worked on and more magic shop scenes and story coming

OddFella

Aug 6, 2016
Does anyone have a save just after the prologue?
I had tofix my computer a couple of times, and therefore have played the prologue many times... I could do it again, but yeah...

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Looking at comments I noticed people don't like the school part, why is that?
Its one my favorite part oO
I really enjoy the training school sequences, as well. I liked Witch Trainer quite a bit, and I typically like sub-games, so having a WT adaptation as a sub-game in VWA suits me just fine.

In terms of the school, i do really like it. Its a well done witch trainer with one of my favorite characters on this site so I like it. I can understand the out of place argument because you could be wrestling someone fully naked in front of a bunch of people there, and then nervous about walking outside with a bra on. But overall I think it should stay, it helps give the ultimate feel of her decent into exhibitionism and lewdness.
I agree that it's odd to have Astrid being so wanton in the school, and then reverting to more modest behavior outside, but I'm willing to suspend my disbelief due to my enjoyment of the sequences.

When she finally has sex with them it is only shown in one single render each time, to progress towards it was okay to me. I only wished the dev would have put a little more love into the scenes, telling (with text or renders) how she approaches the task, to put it more clear, how she seduces the fellow student. And it would be nice if that had an impact on her reputation in school. Actually it kind of has something like that, because the students at the inn change their attitude towards Astrid - very well done by the dev - but inside school nothing seems to change. I would love to see more of that.
I have mixed feelings about the fact that the later (and more corrupt) tasks, such as the blowjobs, have much less attention paid in terms of number of renders and text. On the one hand, I do agree that it would have been nice if there were more content in those scenes. On the other hand, I like the way that we join the scenes in the middle of the action. The first time Don watched Astrid giving a blowjob, there was a little bit of a sudden shock when I suddenly "walked in" on Astrid mid-blowjob. I quite liked that. But I agree that it would be nice to see how she approached it, what the male student's response was, how he treated her throughout the encounter, and what his attitude toward her was afterward. My solution, if it were up to me, would be to have the scenes play out as they do in the current build, but have a longer version of the scene play as a flashback during a "debriefing" session, when Don asks her about the task.

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
I really enjoy the training school sequences, as well. I liked Witch Trainer quite a bit, and I typically like sub-games, so having a WT adaptation as a sub-game in VWA suits me just fine.

I agree that it's odd to have Astrid being so wanton in the school, and then reverting to more modest behavior outside, but I'm willing to suspend my disbelief due to my enjoyment of the sequences.

I have mixed feelings about the fact that the later (and more corrupt) tasks, such as the blowjobs, have much less attention paid in terms of number of renders and text. On the one hand, I do agree that it would have been nice if there were more content in those scenes. On the other hand, I like the way that we join the scenes in the middle of the action. The first time Don watched Astrid giving a blowjob, there was a little bit of a sudden shock when I suddenly "walked in" on Astrid mid-blowjob. I quite liked that. But I agree that it would be nice to see how she approached it, what the male student's response was, how he treated her throughout the encounter, and what his attitude toward her was afterward. My solution, if it were up to me, would be to have the scenes play out as they do in the current build, but have a longer version of the scene play as a flashback during a "debriefing" session, when Don asks her about the task.
Exactly, especially because the DEV does not need to work on renders to do this, he could start with text and maybe later add renders. Actually I have written this here some time ago, but it's worth repeating, as it would be a good and easy solution.

Fronm what I read here recently I am really looking forward to the next update. "Valiant Warrior Astrid" is my absolute favorite, and there's a lot out there that I do like.

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes