Mod RPGM Urban Demons v.0.9.5 MOD [Xalenda Mod)

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Should ‘Grandma’ be a part of the game or not?

• Yeah!

Votes: 160 65.8%
  • Yes, but only as bonus content.

Votes: 38 15.6%
  • No way!

Votes: 45 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
You shouldn't need to do that to progress with the story, it was a way to get pictures on your phone and (eventually) upload them onto the PayMeOn website, but it wasn't fully completed back when I started the mod.

AB84

Aug 31, 2017
are the locker rooms working? cause i got the key but it doesn't seem to do anything. nothing happens when i walk to the locker rooms and when i go to school on the weekends i just get a dialogue with "it would be a shame not to use the key" or something. i like this mod, hopefully it gets continued again.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
No, no news yet - the mod's still hanging around, I've just burnt myself out trying to get everything done that I had planned. It'll get finished eventually, even if it just becomes a re-structuring of the dialogues. I bit off quite a lot more than I realized when I started this, and what started as a simple project developed into so much more than I initially started thinking of it as.

I'm glad to see that people are still interested in it though, and I'll try to get something out by the end of September if I can wrangle up enough energy / desire to get it going again.

AB84

Aug 31, 2017
i'm still wondering if you can even do anything with the master key once you get it?

MikuMiku123

Apr 29, 2017
Its okay to be ambitious as long as you don't bite off more than you can chew. Just like how Nergal is essentially re-releasing the game in increments with new characters, I would recommend doing the same but on an even smaller scale. I can say form personal experience, that if you envision a thing like this as some grand project, it will deter you from trying to take even small steps because of how intimidating the scope of the entire thing is. I would say don't try to create some massive framework recreating the corruption, purity, and neutral routes for all characters at the same time. Personally, I'm most interested in this mod for expanded corruption and dominance paths. What I would do is just expand on the already existing framework by adding and creating more intense domination scenes for each character. Once that's in place you can try to include an overarching story, and then create the alternate paths.

You may already have this in mind, but this is what I would do. I would mod the existing build to allow more for intense domination scenes and give each character its own unique switch/variable to increment the "level counter" for this versions "corruption." From there you include an end game event that triggers once a certain numbers of characters have received max corruption. You wouldn't have to include new areas or assets(at least not yet). Just modify existing dialogue and scenes for more intense dialogue to reflect your intentions. Once you're able to release a build that's able to end the story with each character separately, then go crazy on the joint character interactions, such as what dialogue or scenes are available when just Mom is at max corrupt, or when just Sydney is at max corrupt, or when both are max corrupt at the same time. I'd love to see scenes Mom and Sydney aren't hiding but openly saying what they're doing with him during dinner.

Most importantly though, don't stress about it. You don't owe anything to anyone, so don't work yourself super hard or stress about it. Do what yous wanna do at your own pace. You have my support.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Sorry for the super-late reply (I've been off work and on super-heavy-duty pain killers for a week from a broken foot and can't focus on more than being able to breathe properly), but I appreciate your constructive criticism, Miku.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And no, AB84, right now the Master Key only opens the locker rooms, (you just walk in now) but there's nothing to do in them yet.

AB84

Aug 31, 2017
i guess my game was bugged then cause even just walking in to the locker rooms didn't work.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
No, most likely I haven’t programmed them correctly. They’re supposed to work in tandem with Mrs. Jennings’ and Ms. Taylor’s Corruption levels, seeing as how they won’t / can’t stop you from going into the girl’s lockers.

TheJadedWriter

May 14, 2018
Just wanted to let you know I really enjoy the updated diologue and everything your adding. Keep up the good work cant wait to see more.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Thank you, everybody - it's been a pretty bad couple of months lately, what with family issues that I won't go into, fracturing my ankle, pretty much having to find new employment (my job entails me standing for long periods of time, which I can't do with said fracture), along with just generally being "done" with this game.

When I started it, I had plans and schemes and ideas, which ultimately led me to burning the candle on both ends, and in the middle, just to keep pumping out updates and new things. Looking back on it, I was very impatient and trying to rush through something that needed the proper time and care to put into what I was trying to do.

So, with that in mind: Q & A time (click the spoilers to read).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Give that a read if you've got some time, it goes over a lot of my thought processes and what I'm going to be doing. As always, drop me a line or whatever on here, ask questions, critique the work... and I'll see you all soon, hopefully with an update attached!

LoneKaiser

Dec 10, 2017
This is my personal favorite version of the game (as I'm more of a fan of the Corruption route compared to the Purity route, which I found to be kind of meh - not bad, just not interesting).
That said, I do hope you'll feel better soon (and sorry to hear that your ankle is fractured - that shit hurts!)

I do have a question about the mod: Do you have plans to have the various women you corrupt start living at Peter's/Master's/what-the-fuck-ever-you-decide-to-fucking-name-him's house, or will it still only be Brigette (unless you changed her name which might cause me to scream internally because I hate having to remember new names) and Sydney like always?

Finally, hope you'll feel better soon. As for me, I'm probably going to re-run this mod for the... Umpteenth time. Hm.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
I hadn't planned on moving people into the home, mostly because there's a lack of living space (not to mention mapping space!) and it feels "full" with the three of them already there. Besides, it's a hop-skip-jump to anybody else's home, but I was going to start in on copy/pasting the apartment spaces for more bodies.

Maybe that could be the end-game? Just everybody living in the same building together, rent-free (thanks to mind-bending demonic powers). Could be fun, could be a total mess - either way, it's a good idea! Thanks for the suggestion, @LoneKaiser!

HathgarNiche

Jul 14, 2017
For some reason, after the third or fourth visit to the otherworld, the game slowed to half speed. Mostly its not a bother, except door animations and stuff take twice as long, the real problem is the already slow movement speed of the character became twice as slow. Any idea how to fix it? I didnt see any mention of it in the thread.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Chances are that it's an uncommon bug; I personally haven't encountered anything like what you're describing, but I'll be sure to take a look at it before I release the next version.

As for the movement speed, press the "S" key to toggle running on; press "S" again to toggle it off. If you're still moving slowly and can access the Nexus freely, you can also access the Debug room (Teleport from the Q-menu). If you speak to the man there twice, he will fix your speed back to normal.

Reactions: HathgarNiche

LoneKaiser

Dec 10, 2017
For some reason, after the third or fourth visit to the otherworld, the game slowed to half speed. Mostly its not a bother, except door animations and stuff take twice as long, the real problem is the already slow movement speed of the character became twice as slow. Any idea how to fix it? I didnt see any mention of it in the thread.
Same for me - it triggers on the first Friday of the game for me (so right before I get the powers). Speaking to the dude in the Nexus fixes this, thankfully, but it bothers me whenever it happens, as I have no idea why it does.

One possible reason is because Peter (or w/e you name him) walks around slowly for a short bit, so the move speed is simply not reverted back to normal.

Reactions: HathgarNiche
4.80 star(s) 5 Votes