Mod Ren'Py University of Problems [v1.4.0 Extended] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
FYI - the Workupload site has become a real PITA for free users - your little 22Mb file failed about five times at about the 14Mb mark and then would reset to zero when I tried to continue the DL. It's always been a little bit temperamental, but never this bad. No troubles with any other sites generally used for F95 stuff, only WU. They also have a tendency to block VPNs.
I use Cloudfare personally. I just tried it with two bench testing units (not my main server terminal) and have no issue with WU. I don't vouch for them but I only added those WU links since folks bitched about the Mega links and wanted a second option. I don't trust the other sites that F95 condones... those other sites are shady as fuck tbh.

If you have some third option for me to consider I'll certainly take it under advisement bud.

Reactions: ThorinKing

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I use Cloudfare personally. I just tried it with two bench testing units (not my main server terminal) and have no issue with WU. I don't vouch for them but I only added those WU links since folks bitched about the Mega links and wanted a second option. I don't trust the other sites that F95 condones... those other sites are shady as fuck tbh.

If you have some third option for me to consider I'll certainly take it under advisement bud.
Considering PixelDrain is good and the owner is around here, it's not shaddy nor bad...

Reactions: ThorinKing

Wolfram99

Aug 20, 2023
There is a bug in the Sancho gallery screen where if you click to the right of yuki's name(Roughly the position of Start in main menu) it starts the game, this bug is not present in the og gallery.

btw also for Quit button.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
There is a bug in the Sancho gallery screen where if you click to the right of yuki's name(Roughly the position of Start in main menu) it starts the game, this bug is not present in the og gallery.

btw also for Quit button.
Actually it is an issue in the OG gallery (and other pages as well). This has been a VN issue forever which I used to fix and brought up to the dev many times on deaf ears. Because he keeps changing the menu system code I stopped "fixing" the issue tbh.

Here's what's going on (in layman's terms to be best of my ability at 4am on first coffee): This VN (as well as some others) use images as clickable buttons in an image map of the Main Menu. Circled in red are these zones:
1708165304350.png

Now, keep in mind where exactly these image mapping zones are, and in every single tab of the og Replay screen (Bios, Memories, etc) you'll find that ALL of the Main Menu's image button zones remain active on every single one of them. Because the menu code is so fucked up this impairs the SanchoMod and SanchoGallery screens as well (since they are integral to the VN's menu code).
1708165547979.png
So, in any of those screens if you click in any of the Main Menu's image button mapping zones (including the patreon zone, etc) they are active under the currently viewed screen and it's associated image button mapping (each sub screen has two image button mapping sets instead of one).

To summarize:
The dev attempted to resolve this via RenPy's modal feature but it's not implemented correctly, therefore RenPy keeps the MainMenu technically active while populating the new screens on top of the Main Menu screen instead of replacing the Main Menu screen.

That's the easiest way I can think of to explain it in the most non-tech language way. Hopefully that makes some sense (it's way too early in the morning here).

Regards.

Reactions: Belly97

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The technical explanation to summarize the above post (for geeks and nerds)

To get to the point technically, this VN's foundation was built upon a hodge-podge of "borrowed" code that has been massaged, duct taped, and super glued over time to allow the VN to progress. Because of this there's much legacy code that actually worked in the VN's that the code was borrowed from but not in the way this VN's code started back in the very beginning at it's debut period (first growing pains).

In other words the "building" is fairly sound in construction (acceptable but still not correct), but the foundation is weak and doesn't meet proper specs. I won't pick at old wounds since I made many many posts regarding this in the VN's thread which can be searched if desired... including the infamous "phone cheat screen scandal" that caused the previous VN modder to completely drop support of the VN.

Back on this specific topic, here's the real skinny - Technically, to resolve the VN's menu issues the following MUST be implemented/changed on Menu screens/subscreens:
  • Remove the redundant modal flags on Menu screens (they do absolutely nothing in this case and are carryover from the VN's initial borrowed code back upon it's original debut) and use screen tags (only on sub pages that require it).
  • Stop using the "Show" screen command for image button actions and use the correct and appropriate "ShowMenu" function.
All the above have been clearly explained as fundamental in RenPy's official documentation for almost 20yrs now.

Reactions: Belly97

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The 8 new animations consist of (for clarity these are animations, not "scenes"):
  • 6 for Ashley
  • 2 for Nikki
  • 0 for any other LI
Extended "Extras" have the additional animations:
  • 5 for Roxy
Both Roxy and Ashley have an Extra scene... Ashley's just doesn't contain any animations.

Standard Gallery Scenes:
  • 1 Rachel
  • 1 Yuki
  • 1 Nikki
  • 1 Ashley
  • 1 Roxy
  • 1 Kim

KiraJames

Dec 5, 2017
The 8 new animations consist of (for clarity these are animations, not "scenes"):
  • 6 for Ashley
  • 2 for Nikki
  • 0 for any other LI
Extended "Extras" have the additional animations:
  • 5 for Roxy
Both Roxy and Ashley have an Extra scene... Ashley's just doesn't contain any animations.

Standard Gallery Scenes:
  • 1 Rachel
  • 1 Yuki
  • 1 Nikki
  • 1 Ashley
  • 1 Roxy
  • 1 Kim
Our lord and saviour Sir Samcho the Great.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark Silence

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Speaking of whiskey... it's about that time.

Damn, this VN is getting way to big at this point (should be separated into "seasons"). I'm still porting old code over. Out of 50 script files I have the PVU chat, news, and pics files left. After that I can actually start coding new content. Hopefully the phone code in this update isn't too whack... I always despise coding that portion.

Anyway, time for this afternoon's first adult beverage and continue grinding on.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, I'm fully ported over (all content from 2023 Christmas and prior). I've updated SanchoGallery and verified it's integrity (has all basic scenes, all Extra scenes, and all Special scenes). I went ahead and insured the scene MC name change button is always visible for "quality of life" minor improvement while I was at it.

I've checked the PVU pic/chat code and other than me warning the player of new messages in the MiniStat (which I've pre-coded) I don't see any Relp changes with replies (I'll verify this later).

So, if that's correct then all I have to do is drink whiskey and code the walkthrough, add any splits (if applicable) and choreograph the MiniStat Open/Close... unless I'm forgetting something here.

So, I think we're now cruising on Easy Street. I'll let you know if I'm having a temporary head-up-the-ass moment or not... but I think we're looking pretty solid here after 3 hours of work or so.

Back to it.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
We're now ~4 hours into update processing.

And yep, this is basically the Ashley/Nikki update (from reading just the code). DatePoints are a thing again (for both of these LIs) just like Sara previously or Yuki's past BodyMassage points.

This makes the walkthrough pretty damn easy tbh. There's a total of 16 menu choices but some of those are contained in scene replays so they don't count for ChoiceGuide processing. I'll grab a refill and get to testing now that I have the MiniStat choreography base coded and the ChoiceGuide layed out.

BTW, if you want to max out LI Relp in this update be prepared to be required to choose the foot fetish choices... apparently both Ashley and Nikki love their damn toes in the MC's mouth.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
:KEK:

would be interesting if there was a game where the girl was the one who was into sucking toes. dont think i have ever seen it reversed
Dunno: women's feet have about a 10%-20% chance of not being utterly disgusting; men's feet have a 100% chance of being absolutely disgusting (well, at least amongst those that prefer women).

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho1969
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes