VN HTML Abandoned Unforgettable Dinner [v2.03] [Xtryptic Studios]

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
A couple of technical annoyances: I dislike the loud beep on every click - try a subdued sound instead
That are the first sound that a former partner set in, as anyone never complained until now, I kept myself focused on the images. Do you have any suggestion of a nice sound and music? It's easy to change, but is hard to choose a good one, I don't trust my taste enough to be sure that I will find a better one.

And having Firefox maximized on a FHD display doesn't downscale the picture properly (windowed does).
It's hard to me test maximized because my display is an ultrawide 21:9, what's good for me can be bad for others, so I always test windowed. I will try to take a look on that.

A few of the new typos that I can remember are "cummon", "mezmorized", "olypmpic" and "ca not".
I will fix those. I made the previous changes that you pointed.

Oh, and this weird line: "The head / and up/ a half inch more/and up/an inch/and up/ an inch again"
I would guess that the author intended to put some dramatic pauses, I need to check with her what we could possible do.

Anyway, thank you very much for your feedback, they are always well detailed.

Reactions: Bagger288

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
Walkthrough?
Joi_fan, at this point the game has multiple paths that do not connect with each other. I don't know if a walkthrough would help much. Maybe when we implement the score system, we make one in order to get maximum value

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
That are the first sound that a former partner set in, as anyone never complained until now, I kept myself focused on the images. Do you have any suggestion of a nice sound and music? It's easy to change, but is hard to choose a good one, I don't trust my taste enough to be sure that I will find a better one.
The current beep is something that makes me think I something significant happened: for example, I just made a major branch choice or got an achievement. It gets very annoying just a few beeps in, when it becomes obvious that nothing special is happening. I end up muting it, but I think a small click that sounds like a button press instead could work.

Reactions: johnconnor

BarristanF95

Dec 2, 2017
Do I understand correctly that unclickable choices cannot be chosen in this version and are placeholders for future development?

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
The current beep is something that makes me think I something significant happened: for example, I just made a major branch choice or got an achievement.
I personally like the beeping sound, easier to track in case you double clicked something.
I can keep the sound, just change to a more discret one. I just need to found one free, purple-planet only have musics.

See if this one is fine

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
Do I understand correctly that unclickable choices cannot be chosen in this version and are placeholders for future development?
Yes

I share the current state our Patreon page, like this one

Every box is a decision, the blue ones are ready, the yellow are currently being developed. This whole picture cover only phase 1, phase 2 is being written.

Phase 1 is the preparation, phase 2 is the dinner and phase 3 the after dinner which the author call "boss game".

When I receive the text, I will create another chart.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
I can keep the sound, just change to a more discret one. I just need to found one free, purple-planet only have musics.

See if this one is fine
That's better than the one I was imagining (though I didn't like what I was imagining). I think that's fine, just a little loud.
It does sound somewhat mechanical, though - like a state switch - which may or may not be what you're going for.

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
Hi,

I came here to post the link, but as it was already done here is the change log:

Interface changes

- All links removed from first screen. Now it just the image with a blinking "Start Here" sign.

- The links are now on the second page, replacing the old disclaimer (that still was saying Afternoon to Remember).

- With all new space, I improved the links descriptions and added more info, like the game current version.

- You can start a new one or load a game directly from that page.

- The settings button were placed on the last update, but now the saves are working! Narigone helped me to create the angular controls, I was wasting too many time not generating images. Well, the menu being there, means I can add new stuff in the future

- Still working on multiple languages, the button is there, but it don't work.

- A new and cleaner disclaimer was inserted as first scene, were you can choose Title (back to splashscreen), extra scenes or start the game.

- The second, ex first, scene is were the content actually begins, with the Kayleigh path still disabled.

- Initial music became randomic. The game already has 5 background musics, but always started on 1, now it can start in anyone.

- Somepeople complained about the sound on the buttom click, so I changed to a more discrete one.

The game changes:

- We added 208 to the previous 580 images, means that now the game has 788 images.

- On "Screw it, screw her" now will have the option to finish on her hair, leading to two shameless options.

- On "My room would be ideal for a good handy or blow", added "Room Blow" and "Room Handy" options, which I recommend.

- On "Offer her something in return" now have the option to lock the door leading to alternative images and additional dialogs with Kayleigh.

- On "Demand reciprocation", now has the option to do it on the tv room folowed by "Let Fly", that also can be reached by "Look her in the eyes".

JugarComica

Sep 13, 2017
Hi:

I am having an issue playing this game. When started the right hand side shows the settings screen and cannot make it to disappear. Tried Firefox, Chrome and Opera, all do the same. Is there a way to close off the settings screen.

Thank you.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
@MaxCarna Just a minor thing, when I first opened the HTML...This comes up: " "
It should be "downloadable"

Just a minor thing, I am guilty of those little things too.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
i dont get ... wtf..

wtf is that mean ? : " Jen. Mom was her daughter. "

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
Hi:

I am having an issue playing this game. When started the right hand side shows the settings screen and cannot make it to disappear. Tried Firefox, Chrome and Opera, all do the same. Is there a way to close off the settings screen.

Thank you.
Hi Jugar,

I couldn't reproduce the error. First there is the splash image, then a black screen with textual options and Start/Load buttons. When you hit start, scenes start coming.

When you hit start, scenes start appearing with the image in the left and the options on the right. There is a Settings button on top, the sponsor and the actions on bottom.

When you click settings, the game open a Modal (seems like a popup), and you close it on the X. In the Settings there are the sound controller, Save and Load options.

Your problem is having this Modal permanently opened or you wish to hide the actions?

Thank you

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
T
@MaxCarna Just a minor thing, when I first opened the HTML...This comes up: " "
It should be "downloadable"

Just a minor thing, I am guilty of those little things too.
That's right, sorry about that and thank you for your attention. I will fix it

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
i dont get ... wtf..

wtf is that mean ? : " Jen. Mom was her daughter. "
I found it on the text, I believe it supposed to say:
"Jen, Kayleigh's mom was her daughter." that mean they look like twins.
I will report to the writer.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I found it on the text, I believe it supposed to say:
"Jen, Kayleigh's mom was her daughter." that mean they look like twins.
I will report to the writer.
ha, i see. because its very confusing for me :)

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes