Others Abandoned Twin Star: (T)wincest Dating-sim Rpg [v0.7.1] [Pandapenguingames]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
which menu exactly? or the menus with no effect in general?

I thought it was funny (and a quote to "American Pie 2" for those who didn't get it) but yes, it gets boring after the 10th time, the PC and Bed are also a place where you can skip ahead already, or did I screw that up like in 0.2 again?
Yes the menus without an effect.
You can use pc or bed to pass time. But what if there's something we can read or do to build up intelligence?
Oh.. sometimes I'll try to get on the sister's bed and the game crashes.

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
as for the minigame: the plan is to have a skill ("Mentality") that can reduce the number of times you have to hit the choice (at max level you only need one hit). I'm not sure what you mean by "gimicky" tho
What I mean by gimicky is that it seems to me that there is no real reason for the minigame to be there, I don't see the benefits it has over a traditional selection interface (just selecting your choice, like the dialog in this game), pretty much what I mean is that the minigame seems to be a minigame for the sake of having a minigame, but if there is a point to it, I might start seeing it if there's some more gameplay.

Reactions: PandaPenguin

Oschmedly

Sep 9, 2016
@PandaPenguinGames some of the bugs that I encountered: if you press the continue button instead of the new game you will crash the game. Continue was the only button that crashed the game on me, all other buttons work as intended on the front page. Also, same as muttdoggy, trying to get into the sisters bed caused the game to crash. To reproduce it for yourself, show the panties on the head to your sister then get in her bed. Those are the two critical errors. Now for the lesser: the quick menu - all the icons are there but you can only access inventory. You said that the journal was going to be added to this demo. How is the journal accessible? or did you decide to leave it out?

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Journal does work, right click and scroll to it I believe.

Oschmedly

Sep 9, 2016
Journal does work, right click and scroll to it I believe.
Thanks i had to go find an old mouse and hook it up to this lap top because it does not have a wheel. There should be a way to get to it from the keyboard and scroll through it though for people who only have touchpads.

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
That reminds me of a suggestion I had, make all text dialogs correspond to a button on the keyboard, for example the top choice '1', middle '2', bottom '3'. I prefer being able to play games with one hand using the keyboard only, for obvious reasons.

Oschmedly

Sep 9, 2016
Now that I added a mouse and playing around more I got another critical. Read the quest window box info to completion then close. the box will stay on the window. click on the box and fatal error.

PandaPenguin

fuzzy miscreant
Game Developer
Nov 4, 2016
if you press the continue button instead of the new game you will crash the game. Continue was the only button that crashed the game on me
yes, I found that one myself already, but thanks anyway :D
the fix is already in 0.4 that is in the works right now

You can use pc or bed to pass time. But what if there's something we can read or do to build up intelligence?
well once there is this kind of other activity you will of course be able to skip time this way in addition :p

I seriously encourage everybody who has suggestions for the game to read my first, there is lots of info about what's going to be in the game or what's coming next and so on

That reminds me of a suggestion I had, make all text dialogs correspond to a button on the keyboard, for example the top choice '1', middle '2', bottom '3'. I prefer being able to play games with one hand using the keyboard only, for obvious reasons.
well.... the whole game controls are trimmed to one-hand control...for obvious reasons!
either WASD and surrounding keys like Q, E, TAB
or Mouse (yes, I didn't think about laptop touchpads having no mouse wheel, derp:pokerFace:)

for those wo have no mouse wheel or other problems with a "real" mouse:
you can navigate every menu and dialog with WASD keys too, even rotate the quick-menu
there is a "controls" overview on my blog too for those who struggle with them, but I got the message!
I'll add a more descriptive controls overview into the game for the next update, right now only the "F1" screen has some controls info but I butchered that screen for my debugging stuff :cool:

as for the reported crashs, I'll look into them if I can reproduce them
btw how does your games crash? is it just gone or do you get an error screen?
if there is an error screen next time please try to get me a screenshot of it or copy the error text
this would help me way more to find the bug than just "explanation" of the error :15:

and thanks for the reports anyway, I'll try to fix them for the next release :FuckYea:

Last edited:

PandaPenguin

fuzzy miscreant
Game Developer
Nov 4, 2016
hey guys!

I managed to replicate all the bugs you reported :FuckYea:
there won't be a fixed until 0.4 tho so I posted a quick list of workarounds to avoid them
there is also a preview of the new feature I finished just before I addressed the bugs

I also implemented your suggested change for the not (yet) working menus @muttdoggy :15:

wynin

Trainer of Witches
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I like the foundation of the game, so Im hoping it'll go well :)

ps, am I missing something or is the night visit thing the only thing currently in the game ? I can pass the time just fine but the sister never moves from her room, and interactions are limited to either "ok ignore me" or the "why do you have my panties" responses. Plus I seem to 'discover' the sister a new everyday.

PandaPenguin

fuzzy miscreant
Game Developer
Nov 4, 2016
I like the foundation of the game, so Im hoping it'll go well :)
thank you :15:

ps, am I missing something or is the night visit thing the only thing currently in the game ? I can pass the time just fine but the sister never moves from her room,
nope, that's all there is in this techDemo version, if you want more info just visit my dev-blog

and interactions are limited to either "ok ignore me" or the "why do you have my panties" responses. Plus I seem to 'discover' the sister a new everyday.
thanks for pointing that out, just replicated that. looks like this only happens when you ended the scene right before ending the day... and I already got a suspicion why :cool:

Reactions: wynin

wynin

Trainer of Witches
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
thank you :15:

nope, that's all there is in this techDemo version, if you want more info just visit my dev-blog

thanks for pointing that out, just replicated that. looks like this only happens when you ended the scene right before ending the day... and I already got a suspicion why :cool:

Ahh ok cool, nice to know I didnt miss anything. :)

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Glad to see stuff is getting worked on! Can't wait till the next version is out! :eazyHype::eazyHype::SourPls:

PandaPenguin

fuzzy miscreant
Game Developer
Nov 4, 2016
hey guys... me... again :pokerFace:

just worked on the new "controls overview" as there has been some confusion over how the controls work
so... please have a look at these two shots and tell me how easy they are to understand o_O

keyboard controls

mouse controls

as I am the one who creates this game it is crystal clear to me how controls work so I can't really tell if I missed something

k, thx bai :15:

Reactions: i107760
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes