Others Abandoned Twin Star: (T)wincest Dating-sim Rpg [v0.7.1] [Pandapenguingames]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

RoyalRust

May 14, 2017
Oh, I think I got confused by new characters. Just started playing 7.1 and the strip club bar serving game is super broken.

Tucker343

Dec 11, 2017
This has a possibility of being a very good game. I really like how the UI and user control is handled, its like a perfect blend between RPGM and Ren'Py

Reactions: PandaPenguin

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
The point of a tech demo is to showcase gameplay mechanics.... so the obvious thing to do is to have a tutorial/manual highlighting what the player can do, so they can test it out.

Also, Including a walkthrough makes even more sense since you want people to find every option, so they can experiment with every new mechanic; assuming each scene's game play is different, which is what you would expect.

Continuously telling people it's just a "tech demo" when they encounter bugs, missing content, lack of tutorial etc just feels like a weak excuse at this point; after more than a year of development.

A better excuse would be to admit that this game is just a weekend hobby and that you'll get to it when you feel like it. People will understand that you have a real life.
In the OP there's a link to the dev's blog which has a walkthrough and tutorial

Reactions: PandaPenguin

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Well just make a patrud only version and then make a patch that changes it all back to the way it's suppose to be like many other have had to do. I have also seen where some are doing it like this you start the game and you start to meet the people and are given many options when naming them give them a name give them a title and pick what relation they are to you. I remember one game where I named the daughter and then gave specific tags so when they spoke it was something like this. Father introducing his daughter to someone. This is her name she's my lover.

MOH only changed the names and a few other things and when the patch is added it changes it all back

Velsomnia

Jul 29, 2017
An incest patch would work fine, you dont have identical twins so the Patreon version could be an old childhood friend that needed help and your family took her in because they knew her and her family. Then release an incest patch here and you will be fine.

Reactions: Jimmycraigenson

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
An incest patch would work fine, you dont have identical twins so the Patreon version could be an old childhood friend that needed help and your family took her in because they knew her and her family. Then release an incest patch here and you will be fine.
Patreon has made it clear that if any developer created a patch to circumvent their rules, they will ban him/her. Someone else would have to make the patch

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Like they would be able to tell if they uploaded something elsewhere or upload it somewhere as a guest or unknown person. The only people patrud should be banning is themselves.

Reactions: griffor

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Like they would be able to tell if they uploaded something elsewhere or upload it somewhere as a guest or unknown person. The only people patrud should be banning is themselves.
They have people policing the site for them. They don't go actively searching for this stuff it gets reported.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
What happens off of their site really isn't their concern since it wasn't done on their site only a dictator does shit like that. But like I said they can upload them as an unknown or different account and the dictator will never know.

griffor

Aug 14, 2016
What happens off of their site really isn't their concern since it wasn't done on their site only a dictator does shit like that. But like I said they can upload them as an unknown or different account and the dictator will never know.
think he saying people rat them out because well u know people are dicks

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
TBH, I kind of figured Patreon would do this to PandaPenguin. We can thank PayPal for that as well as Patreon's content guidelines.
*goes to check on something*
MotH is still allowed on Patreon. This could be, too - with subtle editing.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Everything can be allowed with a bit of work but some devs either can't or won't.

They also need someone to sort a patch out to put everything back as it should be because Patreon won't allow devs to patch their own game to restore content like incest.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
True enough.
It's a sad day when creativity must be stifled like this.
(Though I must admit it's been quite some time since the release of the 0.7 Tech Demo)

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes