• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

LaserSaysPew

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
A little grindy in places, but I feel like a lot of that is because the content is limited right now.

There's a lot of potential for this, especially with all the possible flame combinations. Really looking forward to more releases.
Hope you keep it up!
Thanks! And yeah, I planned the grind with the intention of trainings/jobs not being the goal but being the ambience. Which is not the case right now, cuz they are the new content. I'm toning the grind down by quite a bit in b version that is being uploaded right now. It might return at some point when working, for example, is done to earn money and not to see the events themselves. Or not. Who knows! xD

• Wow
Reactions: Canto Forte

SandmansMisery

Sky Squad!
Donor
Jun 24, 2019
Everything appears to be fixed. I was unable to break the game(but I bet some Mighty Breaker will appear, I obviously can't test every little detail in such a short amount of time)
Also removed the limitation on 1 training per day. Thinking about making time advance after every training. Any thoughts?
I think only being able to do one action/training a day is boring, give use more options on thing to do and No I dont think you should advance after training.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: LaserSaysPew

LaserSaysPew

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
v0.03b is here!
Updated download links for it

v0.03b:
Balance changes: begone grind!
  • Removed "once per day" training limitation
  • Effect on Nicole's corruption changed from 2 to 5
Bugfixes:
  • Fixed several bugs that caused sleep button to be disabled during night time
  • Fixed a bug that allowed advancing time from evening to night at cafe
  • Fixed starting a new game not properly resetting values causing various problems
  • Fixed names in intro

LaserSaysPew

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
I think only being able to do one action/training a day is boring, give use more options on thing to do and No I dont think you should advance after training.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks! Changed it just now! xD Yeah, I decided not to make time advancement after training. At least for now. Later on it might become that way when it's a point of managing your time between working at different jobs/training to increase power/training to increase stats/affecting flames/progressing the story and other activities that will involve other powers.

Reactions: SandmansMisery

LaserSaysPew

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
By the way, I hope I didn't break two by fixing one. I did test it, but who knows. Please, report if anything turns out to be broken.

Jdubya

Jul 7, 2017
All in all I really like it thus far. Thanks for fixing the grind. I did load/continue the old save and was in the park...and was able to keep clicking influence on the friendzone couple an unlimited # of times. I stopped at like 400 energy :) Am I missing influence content with Susan and Jessica? I can talk to Susan at home but there's no flame option. Jessica I can only find at the shop, and again nothing happens. Either way, it's a really nice start, and I'm excited about what's to come.

P.S. a skip key would be really nice for the repetitive events.

Edit - Also, what does the coffee maker do? And anymore content with the jogger other than her running out of the coffee shop?

Last edited:
Reactions: PrivateSkittles

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
So, I get to just the third day (Wednesday) and after seeing the neighbour sunbathe go talk to her. I first try to raise her flame a second time and get told to either lower it, or try to raise Fred's. I lower hers. Then I talk to Fred, and can't adjust his flame because I already did one that day. Okay, so I go to the store, and talk to everyone there. And then I'm all out of choices, I can't fast-forward time, I can't sleep, and I can't find any available option of activity or choice I haven't done. There's no helpful tip, no nothing. It's just brokenly left me lost and stuck on just the third day, right at the beginning.

Have I missed something, or is the game just broken if you don't raise Fred's flame, despite offering you another option?

LaserSaysPew

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
All in all I really like it thus far. Thanks for fixing the grind. I did load/continue the old save and was in the park...and was able to keep clicking influence on the friendzone couple an unlimited # of times. I stopped at like 400 energy :) Am I missing influence content with Susan and Jessica? I can talk to Susan at home but there's no flame option. Jessica I can only find at the shop, and again nothing happens. Either way, it's a really nice start, and I'm excited about what's to come.

P.S. a skip key would be really nice for the repetitive events.

Edit - Also, what does the coffee maker do? And anymore content with the jogger other than her running out of the coffee shop?
Well, I guess that bug is somehow tied to the saves from 0.03 version. At least it did a good thing instead of a bad thing xD
Susan and Jessica currently don't have flames. But they will.
A skip key is a good idea, yeah. Thought about it. I also thought about making pressing time advance button during night time automatically travel MC to the bedroom. And... then I forgot to implement it. xD
Coffee maker doesn't do anything at the moment. It's just there so that shop wouldn't be empty. Shop is a placeholder really. It will contain stuff like presents to affect characters' stats, it will have useful stuff. Coffee maker, for example, will make MC gain +2 power per training instead of +1. Something else will make Nicole's corruption raise faster, glasses will make you see through clothes by hovering with a cursor. Logic behind this one: none. But it's a cool thing to do. xD
Jogger - that's the end of the content for now. It will fork into several scenarios. Perhaps she'll become one of the main focuses.
And I'm glad you liked it! Thanks!

So, I get to just the third day (Wednesday) and after seeing the neighbour sunbathe go talk to her. I first try to raise her flame a second time and get told to either lower it, or try to raise Fred's. I lower hers. Then I talk to Fred, and can't adjust his flame because I already did one that day. Okay, so I go to the store, and talk to everyone there. And then I'm all out of choices, I can't fast-forward time, I can't sleep, and I can't find any available option of activity or choice I haven't done. There's no helpful tip, no nothing. It's just brokenly left me lost and stuck on just the third day, right at the beginning.

Have I missed something, or is the game just broken if you don't raise Fred's flame, despite offering you another option?
What's the version of the game you're playing? v0.03 or v0.03b?

There are animations on this game??
Some. Their volume will go up. I simply couldn't render them.

Reactions: Jdubya

triggerp

Aug 21, 2019
well i broke the game >.> its on night forever even on new game but
v0.03b is here!
Updated download links for it

v0.03b:
Balance changes: begone grind!
  • Removed "once per day" training limitation
  • Effect on Nicole's corruption changed from 2 to 5
Bugfixes:
  • Fixed several bugs that caused sleep button to be disabled during night time
  • Fixed a bug that allowed advancing time from evening to night at cafe
  • Fixed starting a new game not properly resetting values causing various problems
  • Fixed names in intro
good job on the fixes

LaserSaysPew

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
well i broke the game >.> its on night forever even on new game but

good job on the fixes
I'm confused now. So there is still a bug that won't allow you to go to sleep? In 0.03b? Or you CAN sleep but the time doesn't change?

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Respected User
Donor
Aug 5, 2018
the grind is a lot less now thanks, why does the MC get Cucked at every mini game event?
MC is helping others get laid were is the fun in that?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Canto Forte

LaserSaysPew

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
the grind is alot less now thanks,
why does the MC get Cucked at Every mini event? MC is helping others get laid were is the fun in that?
Do you mean "cucked" as in actual meaning of the word or the vague meme insult for every possible situation?

Reactions: Jdubya

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Respected User
Donor
Aug 5, 2018
Do you mean "cucked" as in actual meaning of the word or the vague meme insult for every possible situation?
I'm playing your game now, you can boost the flame thing (Ashley + Fred he gets the action) in the park the same thing, the MC feels like a third wheel in this game..... maybe this hits the spot with some players, but not for me.... OMG Cafe the same thing........oke does the MC get any action at all???????????????

its feel like im playing the Cupid.....

Last edited:

LaserSaysPew

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
I'm playing your game now, you can boost the flame thing (Ashley + Fred he gets the action) in the park the same thing, the MC feels like a third wheel in this game..... maybe this hits the spot with some players, but not for me....
Well, MC is exploring his newfound power. Honestly, he's acting like I would've been in this situation:
1. I wouldn't affect anyone close. Unknown effect, unknown aftereffects.
2. I would keep my distance while affecting until I know more and can control it better. I don't want anyone to figure out anything because of my inability to control the environment. Otherwise it leads to bad consequences: if I'm like that, maybe there are others like that. Maybe it's a known fact to some groups of people, government(tinfoil on). Lab rat, experiments, death. Better safe than sorry.
I said it somewhere earlier: MC is 25, not 15. He's not going on a fucking spree just because he can. Doesn't mean he won't eventually. He's still human. Which also means he won't be able to control himself perfectly in every scenario. (Jogger in the park, Carol's event)
This is just the beginning of the story.

Reactions: Hentaimancer

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Respected User
Donor
Aug 5, 2018
Well, MC is exploring his newfound power. Honestly, he's acting like I would've been in this situation:
1. I wouldn't affect anyone close. Unknown effect, unknown aftereffects.
2. I would keep my distance while affecting until I know more and can control it better. I don't want anyone to figure out anything because of my inability to control the environment. Otherwise it leads to bad consequences: if I'm like that, maybe there are others like that. Maybe it's a known fact to some groups of people, government(tinfoil on). Lab rat, experiments, death. Better safe than sorry.
I said it somewhere earlier: MC is 25, not 15. He's not going on a fucking spree just because he can. Doesn't mean he won't eventually. He's still human. Which also means he won't be able to control himself perfectly in every scenario. (Jogger in the park, Carol's event)
This is just the beginning of the story.

I wish you the best of luck with this game
I would have loved to support your game but, I'm not into this kind of take a back seat, grind your ass off for no reward game sorry I really tried to play but I don't like that the MC is a Cupid or 3th wheel house

LaserSaysPew

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
I wish you the best of luck with this game
I would have loved to support your game but, I'm not into this kind of take a back seat, grind your ass off for no reward game sorry I really tried to play but I don't like that the MC is a Cupid or 3th wheel house
Thanks!

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
What's the version of the game you're playing? v0.03 or v0.03b?
Looks like version Win v0.03

But whether or not 3b fixes this, the question would have to be how did this make it to a release at all? It's only the second day with actual choices, so literally only about 5 choices into the game. Is there no playtesting at all? It wasn't exactly a hard bug to trigger, being 50% of the choices possible on the day. Your only options are to either to do the first boost on Fred, or to lower the boost on the neighbour girl, and one of those led to a situation from which I couldn't possibly play any further.

Squib2187

Aug 1, 2017
How much content is there at this stage? I really hate the (begrudgingly necessary for a coherent plot) cock tease phase of story development.

Reactions: BaasB
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes