Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Apr 11, 2021
anyone knows how to fix this? "
Error occured! Please see console window(F12) for more information
TypeError: trans.openFromTransObj is not a function"

Nov 2, 2021
im pressing it but i wont do anything
That's not good. Something must have gone wrong. There's no general solution to this kind of problem. I don't think you'll get a better answer than starting over.

That only works in the developer version of Translator++. The normal version doesn't even have the console.
No idea why on earth Dreamsavior did it that way.
Yes? I downloaded the developer's version and I've encountered the need to see the log only in it, so I thought it was the same here. Hmm. My mistake.
But not the answer, there's nothing we can do about that bug.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
anyone knows how to fix this? "
Error occured! Please see console window(F12) for more information
TypeError: trans.openFromTransObj is not a function"
What version of Translator++ are you using?
What exactly are you trying to do with it?
At what point does the error show up?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
In case someone actually has access to the latest paid version right now it would be neat if they could share me the folders in their www > addon folder called:

rmmv
rmmz
rmrgss
rm2k2k3

They are part of the base package and should not be tied to your account in any way. So sharing them should be completely safe.

Also if possible:
(But only if you did not have to pay extra for them and they are not potentially tied to your account.)

customParser
ESParser
sheetParser
xmlTrans
renParser
kspParser
kagParser
pylivemakerParser
jsonParser
wolfJs

I want to try to edit those parsers to be functional in the cracked 4.9.28.

Of course it would be ideal if you could just share me your entire Translator++ folder so I also have all the dependency packages, but only if you send it to me privately via pm, or you know what you are doing and you definitely removed all traces of your account from it. (This is not worth you getting banned.)

sex_maker69

Aug 8, 2023
can anyone help? I'm always stuck here every time i extract but if I translate other games just using their index I can but when it comes to extracting it's always stuck in here

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Can translator++ convert a CSV file into a RPG maker MV json file?
I don't think Translator++ can do that, but I'm not sure I even understand your question.
How did you even make a csv that has the necessary information to generate a RPGM MV json file?

Or do you mean you have a csv file with "Original Japanese, English Translation" columns and you want to insert them into an existing RPGM MV json? (If so how did you actually make that csv? Usually programs that do that also have some way of patching it back in, making that less complicated. Otherwise you could try to import the translations in line by line mode.)

Or do you mean you want Translator++ to properly parse the translateable text of a csv file so you can comfortably batch-translate it?
(That's actually fairly easy using the custom Parser addon, you just need a regex pattern for it.)

Or do you mean converting the information of a csv file into a generic json file (array)?
(But why would you need Translator++ for that?)

Last edited:

satren3845

Jun 3, 2018
Is there a way to make translator++ display duplicate strings at all occurrences in the main editing view?
I am using translator++ as an interface for output from an almost raw string extractor, where there is no context but object names and labels are often right before or after their relevant strings. So being able to see default names like "New Event" or "New Character" next to sets of strings would be pretty useful for helping understand context.

sex_maker69

Aug 8, 2023
I don't think Translator++ can do that, but I'm not sure I even understand your question.
How did you even make a csv that has the necessary information to generate a RPGM MV json file?

Or do you mean you have a csv file with "Original Japanese, English Translation" columns and you want to insert them into an existing RPGM MV json? (If so how did you actually make that csv? Usually programs that do that also have some way of patching it back in, making that less complicated. Otherwise you could try to import the translations in line by line mode.)

Or do you mean you want Translator++ to properly parse the translateable text of a csv file so you can comfortably batch-translate it?
(That's actually fairly easy using the custom Parser addon, you just need a regex pattern for it.)

Or do you mean converting the information of a csv file into a generic json file (array)?
(But why would you need Translator++ for that?)
sorry i forgot to put what engine the game was, i was trying to extract the file of a tyranobuilder type game and it doesn't seem to extract the file and stays like that but if i go to the index.html file of the game, i can only edit their dialogue and the rest are japanese (i checked the file to see if their menu button etc.. if it's a fixed japanese img menu but it's not) so i can't translate their name and other parts since i can't access the rest of the file

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
sorry i forgot to put what engine the game was, i was trying to extract the file of a tyranobuilder type game and it doesn't seem to extract the file and stays like that but if i go to the index.html file of the game, i can only edit their dialogue and the rest are japanese (i checked the file to see if their menu button etc.. if it's a fixed japanese img menu but it's not) so i can't translate their name and other parts since i can't access the rest of the file
I haven't worked with tyranobuilder, yet, but in general I'm even more confused now.
Your original question was
a CSV file into a RPG maker MV json?
Now you suddenly talk about a html...? :confused:

I think it would make the most sense for you to actually upload the file(s) you are trying to process (better?) so it's a bit more clear what even the question is.

Edit: I think I mixed up some messages here lol.

Last edited:

dududtuyu

May 23, 2019
I haven't worked with tyranobuilder, yet, but in general I'm even more confused now.

I think it would make the most sense for you to actually upload the file(s) you are trying to process (better?) so it's a bit more clear what even the question is.
Nevermind what I said, I just found an ongoing translation for an RPG MV game that's 60% complete so i was planning to put the translation progress and then MTL the rest so that I can play until a certain point, but it's in CSV format that i can put into Translator++ and MTL it but can't export it into rpg maker files.

I have decided to just wait for the 100% translation. Sorry for the silly question XD

sex_maker69

Aug 8, 2023

the thing is, in tyranobuilder, you can directly translate the game by extracting the .exe application of the game or selecting the index.html file of the game to translate it, i wanted to extract the full data of it and im stuck so im only able to translate the dialogue of the game through it's index.html file

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
the thing is, in tyranobuilder, you can directly translate the game by extracting the .exe application of the game or selecting the index.html file of the game to translate it, i wanted to extract the full data of it and im stuck so im only able to translate the dialogue of the game through it's index.html file
Oh whoops I've read your post as if you're dududtuyu still talking about MV, since he was the last person I replied here, that makes a lot more sense now. :KEK:

Still I would need the files to test stuff on my end. Which game are we talking about? Do you have a download link?

Edit:I would also need a specific example of a string that is not being grabbed by Translator++.

Last edited:

tepkom

Nov 21, 2016
Hey, everybody. The language of the game RenPy. Tell me what formula to add here to ignore what is placed in (... "**"...).
For example this expression
$ the_person.draw_person(position="sitting", emotion="very happy")
And one more question How to make the translated lines be updated after receiving the translation of the whole block. In batch translation it often happens that some of the lines remain untranslated, although in the popup window of the translator you can see that some of the lines are translated with a delay. In the main program window they are not translated in this mode. Then you have to check the whole translation additionally and look for missing lines, and there are a lot of them.
2023-10-12_085519.png

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Hey, everybody. The language of the game RenPy. Tell me what formula to add here to ignore what is placed in (... "**"...).
For example this expression
$ the_person.draw_person(position="sitting", emotion="very happy")
View attachment 2999381
If you really just want it to ignore everything in "" you can use:
Code:
/\"[\S\s]+?\"/g,
the important bit is the "?" because otherwise it's applied greedy and stuff would overlap.
Here's a tester with it filled in:

And one more question How to make the translated lines be updated after receiving the translation of the whole block. In batch translation it often happens that some of the lines remain untranslated, although in the popup window of the translator you can see that some of the lines are translated with a delay. In the main program window they are not translated in this mode. Then you have to check the whole translation additionally and look for missing lines, and there are a lot of them.
I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about. "it often happens that some of the lines remain untranslated," is not something I remember.
Using what translator?
And if they're just empty cells can't you just batchtranslate again with "ignore translated" turned on?

tepkom

Nov 21, 2016
If you really just want it to ignore everything in "" you can use:
No, that won't do. You need to ignore what is in (... "*" ... "*"...) . Including the brackets ( ). You don't need to ignore anything without ( ).
$ "leave" the_person.draw_person(position="ignore", emotion="ignore") "leave".
There can be different numbers of conditions in parentheses. This is just an example.
And if they're just empty cells can't you just batchtranslate again with "ignore translated" turned on?
It puts the original text in the untranslated lines. So the method you suggested will not work. Deepl. I'll make a video next time.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
No, that won't do. You need to ignore what is in (... "*" ... "*"...) . Including the brackets ( ). You don't need to ignore anything without ( ).
$ "leave" the_person.draw_person(position="ignore", emotion="ignore") "leave". It's just an example.

It puts the original text in the untranslated lines. So the method you suggested will not work. Deepl. I'll make a video next time.
Well you are not being very clear. You putting "**" made me assume that's the bit you care about.
And again I'm now not sure how the formatting actually looks like.
If the * bit is the only variable you could simply do:

JavaScript:
\\(position=\"[^\"]*?\", emotion=\"[^\"]*?\"\)/g,
If you want all * in (*"*"*"*"*) to be variable you could do

JavaScript:
\\([^(\"]*?\"[^\"]*?\"[^\"]*?\"[^\"]*?\"[^)\"]*?\)/g,
To preserve the entire line when something like that is in it, you can just add .* in front and behind it.

As for DeepL, you cannot translate the exact same thing twice. Every time that happens you will just get the original input sent back.
You can't really fix that with DeepL itself because it's simply the service blocking your request.

What you could do is put DeepL as your default translator and then use the RedPiggyback translator from Reddo9999.
That way you "should" use the same cache system RedSugoi and RedGoogle have, which will automatically insert duplicate translations without even asking DeepL again.
Main downside of that is that is that you can no longer use the built in custom escaper, but instead you have to edit the addon file.

Last edited:

Dankruger95

Jan 20, 2020
Good afternoon, I am trying to translate The Scarlet Demonslayer RPG, with the translator ++ program, but I have had several problems since images are renamed and give me the .png error. In short, I have decided not to touch certain folders that I attach below. , my problem is that the H scenes cannot be selected and before the translation it works perfectly, the logo appears when you click it, it does nothing, not even using the keys, you will know what mistake I am making

The ones I marked in green are the folders that have given me the most problems with the images and animations but I can't find the problem with the animation H
Sin título.png

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote