Tool QSP Tools for QSP

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
is there a easy way to translate games that wont open in qgen 4(as qgen 5 doesnt have a txt2game export)
Allright - took me some time to find it in all my tool chaos but i finally found it again:
As far as i recall this used to work on the classic versions - so i am not sure if it will work with files from QGen5. But give it a try

chrisdraconis

Jul 18, 2017
Allright - took me some time to find it in all my tool chaos but i finally found it again:
As far as i recall this used to work on the classic versions - so i am not sure if it will work with files from QGen5. But give it a try
appriciate the help but the problem isnt with txt2gam but with qgen5 as there is no import/export in the menu ( in the ver i have at least)

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
appriciate the help but the problem isnt with txt2gam but with qgen5 as there is no import/export in the menu ( in the ver i have at least)
the import and export simply use those apps to do it. txt2gam is what creates a qsp file from a text-file and the app i attached for you should do the opposite

chrisdraconis

Jul 18, 2017
the import and export simply use those apps to do it. txt2gam is what creates a qsp file from a text-file and the app i attached for you should do the opposite
got it to work but it turned all the cyrillic into question marks. the game im trying to translate is demonolgy which is a qgen5 game

Last edited:

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
got it to work but it turned all the cyrillic into question marks. the game im trying to translate is demonolgy which is a qgen5 game
[/QUOTECheck the encoding then as that shouldnt happen in unicode encoded text.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
does anyone have a working api or knows another way to translate qsp games?
The OP describes how and what to do for a translation. Why would you need an API when you can simply open the qsp-file properly in qgen and either translate in there or via the exported text-files?

Thejonas

Feb 26, 2018
The OP describes how and what to do for a translation. Why would you need an API when you can simply open the qsp-file properly in qgen and either translate in there or via the exported text-files?
I tried the machine translating process as described in the OP but the translated txt simply is not translated at all. Some text is just missing some is still there but nothing is translated. Now I am pretty confused because I remember doing this a few years ago and everything worked

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
I tried the machine translating process as described in the OP but the translated txt simply is not translated at all. Some text is just missing some is still there but nothing is translated. Now I am pretty confused because I remember doing this a few years ago and everything worked
There's not really any good way to translate a QSP game quick and easy without QSP Tools. Except you'll need a Russian IP address or VPN to use it without it crapping out. Only other way I know to do it is manually and painfully, which will take ages to do unless it's really small.

Reactions: toolkitxx

citron

Dec 27, 2016
many api precompile in the tools stop working because they stop providing free service or changing the url,
and some qsp game has its own quirks when translated, the guide in the first page is only basic example case.

for example when translating Schoollife[Samantha & Ps1x] i need .ps1 script & custom manual dictionary for location to make sure the translation doesn't break the game.

basically qsptool can do many thing if you find the work around,
this tool can even translate old hsp game raizin7 using .html parser, concat magic, and deepl.

and here some api for google translate if you want to tinker around...
Code:
GOOGLE ALT API 0 -- JA Language clients5
translator.google.url = https://clients5.google.com/translate_a/single?client=dict-chrome-ex&sl=ja&tl=en&dt=bd&dt=ex&dt=ld&dt=md&dt=qca&dt=rw&dt=rm&dt=ss&dt=t&dt=at&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q={text}

GOOGLE ALT API 1 -- RU Language clients5
translator.google.url = https://clients5.google.com/translate_a/single?client=dict-chrome-ex&sl=ru&tl=en&dt=bd&dt=ex&dt=ld&dt=md&dt=qca&dt=rw&dt=rm&dt=ss&dt=t&dt=at&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q={text}

GOOGLE ALT API 2 -- RU Language googleapis
translator.google.url = https://translate.googleapis.com/translate_a/single?client=dict-chrome-ex&sl=ru&tl=en&dt=bd&dt=ex&dt=ld&dt=md&dt=qca&dt=rw&dt=rm&dt=ss&dt=t&dt=at&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q={text}

Last edited:

Philjd

Jan 1, 2018
thank you so much it's finally working but man it's so fucking slow lol, but at least it's working (y)

I really appreciate your help.
Totally agree, but so so much better than copy pasta'ing into a web browser translator :D

Last edited:

Philjd

Jan 1, 2018
Are the tools Viruses? It says Virus on the file so I just wanna be safe
Nope, they're not :)

Having said that, I have found over the years that some of the sharing sites do get targeted by people who will try to trojan/virus you, why I tend to stick to the ones such as mega. So not the file sharers, but the hosting sites themselves.

Rosie455

Apr 6, 2017
Nope, they're not :)

Having said that, I have found over the years that some of the sharing sites do get targeted by people who will try to trojan/virus you, why I tend to stick to the ones such as mega. So not the file sharers, but the hosting sites themselves.
Thanks! Now my only issue is everything translates to NULL lol.

Rosie455

Apr 6, 2017

This is a copy of my translation tool set - if it is not virus free then I am in trouble :) (Spybot and Kaspersky cleared 'ok')

Thank you! I'll try to translate the QSP now! I'll keep you updated!

Philjd

Jan 1, 2018
No matter what I do it's NULL. I don't know what I'm doing wrong
Which game(s) are you trying to translate, not all QSP games can be translated using this tool? (also, have you updated the dictionary links per the above posts?)

Rosie455

Apr 6, 2017
Which game(s) are you trying to translate, not all QSP games can be translated using this tool? (also, have you updated the dictionary links per the above posts?)

I got it working! Thank you! I was trying to translate 2 games. Good wife and Kristi.

Reactions: Philjd

SNARGLE13

Jan 25, 2018
its saving as a ori file? any ideal how to fix this. its stuttering with random symbols on the last lines with random symbols
Thank you in advance