Tool QSP Tools for QSP

WulfgarD

Aug 18, 2017
Since Yanex does not provide free keys for the translation anymore, what do you guys use now for translation?

fotistse

Apr 27, 2017
Silly question i know,but how do i "open" the game with qgen?By create location or what?I open the standalone content qsp file and nothing shows,First timer here sorry and thanks

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
going to play SoaB ... can variables etc be changed via qsp save editor ? (want to avoid qgen)
oh im just on the page where ppl showed a screenshot from save editor... so i guess it is possible

cyrops

Nov 1, 2020
Silly question i know,but how do i "open" the game with qgen?By create location or what?I open the standalone content qsp file and nothing shows,First timer here sorry and thanks
Quest>Open game or Alt O and select qsp file of the game. You will see a list in Locations on the left.

cyrops

Nov 1, 2020
Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but it's QSP related:

This is giving me a headache. I am trying to fix an abandoned game and after several hours I narrowed it down to a line of code and I have system messages to announce me the value of variable pol[you]

MSG"START pol[you]:<<pol[you]>>"
if (num>6 and npc>6 and num=npc and $loc[num]!'dead' and $loc[num]!'' and $name[num]!'') or num=1:dynamic $d_fix_gender
MSG"END pol[you]:<<pol[you]>>"

So it shows me I start with pol[you] being 1, then it ends with it being 0. The thing is, function $d_fix_gender doesn't even affect the pol value. It has one line of code where it sets pol to 0, so I replace 0 with 1 and nothing. Going by the code the condition doesn't even trigger. I even tried purging whole function of content leaving it empty, the value still changes. Is there some black magic at work here?

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but it's QSP related:

This is giving me a headache. I am trying to fix an abandoned game and after several hours I narrowed it down to a line of code and I have system messages to announce me the value of variable pol[you]

MSG"START pol[you]:<<pol[you]>>"
if (num>6 and npc>6 and num=npc and $loc[num]!'dead' and $loc[num]!'' and $name[num]!'') or num=1:dynamic $d_fix_gender
MSG"END pol[you]:<<pol[you]>>"

So it shows me I start with pol[you] being 1, then it ends with it being 0. The thing is, function $d_fix_gender doesn't even affect the pol value. It has one line of code where it sets pol to 0, so I replace 0 with 1 and nothing. Going by the code the condition doesn't even trigger. I even tried purging whole function of content leaving it empty, the value still changes. Is there some black magic at work here?
Dynamic code are saved into variables, you need to revisit the location that set the variable to get the new code.

If I understand correctly, it work fine for me:
Code:
pol[0]=0
pol[1]=1
you=0

$dynamiccode = 'you = 1'

$loc[0]='something'
$loc[1]='something'
$loc[7]='something'
$name[0]='something'
$name[1]='something'
$name[7]='something'

num=0
npc=7
MSG"START 1=0 pol[you]:<<pol[you]>>"
if (num>6 and npc>6 and num=npc and $loc[num]!'dead' and $loc[num]!'' and $name[num]!'') or num=1:    dynamic $dynamiccode
MSG"END 1=0 pol[you]:<<pol[you]>>"

num=1
MSG"START 1=1 pol[you]:<<pol[you]>>"
if (num>6 and npc>6 and num=npc and $loc[num]!'dead' and $loc[num]!'' and $name[num]!'') or num=1: dynamic $dynamiccode
MSG"END 1=1 pol[you]:<<pol[you]>>"

you=0
num=7
if (num>6 and npc>6 and num=npc and $loc[num]!'dead' and $loc[num]!'' and $name[num]!'') or num=1: dynamic $dynamiccode

cyrops

Nov 1, 2020
Dynamic code are saved into variables, you need to revisit the location that set the variable to get the new code.

If I understand correctly, it work fine for me:

-snip-
I'm not sure what you mean by "you need to revisit the location that set the variable to get the new code"

so let me try to explain better:

MSG"START pol[you]:<<pol[you]>>" this line tells me pol[you] is equal 1 (which is my goal)

then next line happens:

and then
MSG"END pol[you]:<<pol[you]>>" tells me pol[you] is now 0

I looked in $d_fix_gender={ code } and I went as far as deleting entire contents of it, pol value was still changing to 0. My workaround was to do this:

if (num>6 and npc>6 and num=npc and $loc[num]!'dead' and $loc[num]!'' and $name[num]!'') or num=1:
dynamic $d_fix_gender

if force_pol_value=1:
pol[you]=1
end

end

I tried putting the pol[you] inside the dynamic $d_fix_gender it did not work, I also tried to put in MSG to try to troubleshoot inside the dynamic function, the messages wouldn't show up.

I appreciate your response, but at this point it's just a weird thing I encountered from programming point of view, I gave up on modding the game.

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
$d_fix_gender={ code } is treated as a variable in the game and conserved between save. When you change the value of the variable in a specific location, you need to revisit the location to update the variable if you load from a save, for example.

This work as a expect:
Code:
pol[0]=0
pol[1]=1
you=0

$dynamiccode = 'you = 0'

if 1=0:    dynamic $dynamiccode

if 1=1: dynamic $dynamiccode

$dynamiccode = 'you = 1'

if 1=0:    dynamic $dynamiccode

if 1=1: dynamic $dynamiccode
You can send me the file if you still have it. I can take a look and find if there's a bug.

cyrops

Nov 1, 2020
You can send me the file if you still have it. I can take a look and find if there's a bug.
Sure, if you are willing:
qsp file
save game
when you load in, click gloryhole location, there you will have option 'explore your sexuality'

Code is in locale_gloryhole that gets called with the click and the buggy code is in 'cloth' line 22

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
The code for $d_fix_gender is in the location dyn2, which is called from dyn which is itself call from a few places, but not directly by the path from the save to locale_gloryhole.

If you had a gs 'dyn' at the start of cloth, you will get the new $d_fix_gender instead of the one already in the save.

Another option would be to use the trigger ongload to call dyn, so that everytime someone load a savegame you are sure to get the latest version of all your dynamic function.

At the start, there a $ONOBJSEL = 'onobjsel' to execute the code in the location onojbsel when an object is selected, there's other events that can be set to a specific location:
Code:
! LOCATION EVENT
$ONNEWLOC = '$onNewLocationEvent'

! OBJECT EVENTS
$ONOBJADD = '$onObjectAddedEvent'
$ONOBJDEL = '$onObjectDeletedEvent'
$ONOBJSEL = '$onObjectSelectedEvent'

! ACTION EVENT
$ONACTSEL = '$onActionSelectedEvent'

! GAMESTATE EVENTS
$ONGLOAD = '$onGameLoadEvent'
$ONGSAVE = '$onGameSaveEvent'
You can't execute code after a OPENGAME command, like in onobjsel.
Code:
if $selobj='Loadgame':
    clr&cla&cls
    UNSEL
    OPENGAME
    gs'dyn'
    gs'dyn2'
    gs'dinsex'
end
The line gs'dyn' is never reached.

impulse32

Dec 30, 2016
Some newer QSP games won't open in Qgen 4, like the new Provincial. Does anyone know how to fix that?

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
Some newer QSP games won't open in Qgen 4, like the new Provincial. Does anyone know how to fix that?
No idea without looking at the file. I can't find the game here, I found it on google but downloading it will take quite some time. You can share me only the file if you want.

impulse32

Dec 30, 2016
No idea without looking at the file. I can't find the game here, I found it on google but downloading it will take quite some time. You can share me only the file if you want.
I tried attaching the file to this post, but it says that the uploaded file is too large for the server to process.
How can I share it?

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
I tried attaching the file to this post, but it says that the uploaded file is too large for the server to process.
How can I share it?
You can upload it somewhere like mega and share me the link. The .qsp file should be small enough to pass under any free plan.

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
Can you open the qsp file in another clean folder? There might be some weird behavior from mods with the command
INCLIB 'mods/modsManager.qsp'
in the starting location.

Feb 5, 2018
Source
Qqsp

Summary
Stopped responding and was closed

Date
‎17.‎03.‎2021 08:36

Status
Not reported

Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
Location to application with error: D:\Girl Life 0.8.2.2\Qqsp-1.9.0-win64\Qqsp.exe

Problem signature
Application Error Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: Qqsp.exe
Application Version: 1.9.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5d74f9e4
Hang Signature: 994b
Hang Type: 134217728
OS-version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1044
Additional Hang Signature 1: 994b5f773643928f2d09ae4cf9106500
Additional Hang Signature 2: 5fd7
Additional Hang Signature 3: 5fd782999468abff6936c69578cbd3e9