Tool QSP Tools for QSP

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Hi, new to this site.. I see there are tools mentioned here, but what about a player? and a SAFE source for the player, for qsp games? The .su site comes up with norton warnings about trojans on it and warns not to even visit the site.. sooo where's a safe place to grab the file/install if you even wanna PLAY qsp games to see what they're like?
It's the qsp.gui in the OP (first post). Extract it then run qspgui.exe. Next, use alt+L and select your language. Then go to quest > open game. Navigate to the game's "Gamename.qsp" file and open it. :D
If you don't want to bother with all that, just get a game that runs on awesomium. It's an add on to QSP that changes the gui so the engine is included with the game.

TragerMaximoff

Oct 29, 2017
Well.. that was "fun"... watched as norton autodetected bad stuff and trojan generators and hacked the gui folder to pieces til nothing was left for the most part.. think it did it by reputation detection but still.. um... what's the next option?

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Download a game that uses awesomium plugin and pray that norton doesn't hack the qsp or the exe files?
If it does that, then here's my suggestion.. Download it again.. remember the files norton said was "bad" and go to .
Test each exe, qsp, and every "bad" file Norton told you about. It's simple. Upload them to that site. Then decide what you want to do from there.

fluffsta

Oct 7, 2017
now im gonna sounds like an massive noob and everything but is there an guide on how to make a game with this? due i have alot of source mats for a game i want to do but im legit a total spass with programs like this one

zoomg

Modder
Nov 22, 2016
I don't think there is anything in english, so unless you know russian you have to google translate or something russian resources, like , , (have to register i think)

Reactions: laladon

fluffsta

Oct 7, 2017
I don't think there is anything in english, so unless you know russian you have to google translate or something russian resources, like , , (have to register i think)
sorry i didnt learn russian from my time on CSGO soo guess i better suffer from G translate haha thanks for the link up tho

zoomg

Modder
Nov 22, 2016
@fluffsta there is also some stuff on girllife's wiki , , and maybe this thread on their forum

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
now im gonna sounds like an massive noob and everything but is there an guide on how to make a game with this? due i have alot of source mats for a game i want to do but im legit a total spass with programs like this one
If you go to the qsp documentation (google translate it): , there is a guide for making a game on there.

zombiejesus111

Jun 19, 2017
I am getting error 193: unknown error c1 when I am trying to import the translated file. Later I tried to export the QSP to TXT2GAM file and then imported the same file without translating but still getting the error. Has it got something to do with the 64 bit windows processor?

zoomg

Modder
Nov 22, 2016
don't think so, never had that error on either win 7 or 10 64, what file are you trying to translate ?

jabby

Jul 6, 2017
@ttant Thank you for developing these translator tools. I am getting a null error when trying to load the from Paz-T's repository with QSPTools 0.1.3 Snapshot downloaded from this thread. However, I am able to load and view the dictionary with QSPTools 0.1.2. Am I doing something wrong or could there be a bug?

jabby

Jul 6, 2017
The pop-up window says "Error while loading dictionary" when loading from File Translator, Dictionary Editor, and Dictionary Checker in 1.3. Attached is my console window.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
Thanks for the info. I read a similar guide somewhere else, but they failed to mention QGen5 doesn't have export/import (why?), so it took me a while to work out I needed v4.

Maybe someone can give me some advice, I'm trying my first translate, and all went well, until the import via QGen. It wasn't to do with any translation issue, as I get the same issue on directly exporting, then attempting to import the untouched Russian txt file. I get a break at a particular location at the end of the list, then it imports all the code following that break into the current location, leaving all the following locations blank. I see nothing wrong with the location separators, nor are there any comments acting as separators, so I'm not sure what else to do.

*edit: worked out my problem, there were a few misplaced apostrophes; sorted enough of them to move forward.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Hate to necro this thread but I found a translating tool over on Albedo that seems to be pretty nice for people who manually translate the games. Can actually define where you want to translate the game at rather than globally like QSP Tools and translate to and from any language it looks like. Plus a few other features, I haven't tried it yet but will upload it to gitlab for anyone who wants to play around with it. Instructions are in English too which is a plus. (QSP_dictionarytool)

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
uff, I'm trying to machine translate a qsp game. I followed the instruction in teh OP and everything seems going fine. However after several lines translated without problems, I have a null line instead of the translation (see txt). It is really annoying. Any idea? Thanks

CouchPillow

Aug 6, 2016
Is there any way to copy the assets from one qps save to a new one? I downloaded a new version of one of Avengers games but it's pretty annoying that I have to start a new game every update.