Tool QSP Tools for QSP

aasdd

Aug 23, 2016
When I try to translate anything it just says "Warning: Translation might not be complete". Can someone help me? Thanks

mattius77

May 16, 2017
If one had a QSP game that was written in one native language - let's say Russian - and that game had been machine translated some time ago into another language - for argument, let's say English - and that translation was kind of infamously funny and silly because of its many inaccuracies, and one were thus motivated to attempt to manually translate the game - starting with, say, one character's complete story - where might one find the relevant files and how would one do such sort of text editing? Hypothetically speaking, of course.

citron

Dec 27, 2016
If one had a QSP game that was written in one native language - let's say Russian - and that game had been machine translated some time ago into another language - for argument, let's say English
already mtl-ed game right?

motivated to attempt to manually translate the game - starting with, say, one character's complete story -
where might one find the relevant files and how would one do such sort of text editing? Hypothetically speaking, of course.
there's 2 ways to manually translate QSP games.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Philjd

Jan 1, 2018
Just had to replace my PC (hard disk failure), I am now on a windows 11 based system, but the translation batch file utility will not work - can any of you tech savvy people give me some help on how to work around this issue please?
Thank you in advance.

Squee

Feb 19, 2017
The virus flags on the files are almost certainly a false positive, if you click the link over to VirusTotal you can see only only a single positive out of the entire list, and if you scan the files themselves they come up clean.

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Might not be the place to ask this but... is there a method to break or just remove passwords from .qsp files?

May 23, 2017
Is there a way to loop audio files natively in QSP's HTML, or am I going to have to jerryrig my own audio looping system?

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Is there a way to loop audio files natively in QSP's HTML, or am I going to have to jerryrig my own audio looping system?
QSP code allows audio looping. It's not really html, might want to look at and translate

May 23, 2017
QSP code allows audio looping. It's not really html, might want to look at and translate
I've looked at that page and translated it in the past. However, nothing on that page describes a method for audio looping. I thought I could implement this code:
JavaScript:
if isplay('sounds/maintheme.mp3') = 0:
     PLAY 'sounds/maintheme.mp3',50
     end
end
However, because QSP only executes code sequentially on visit to any given location, this is checked only once and only plays the theme once as a result. I'm not sure how the hell I could force QSP to constantly refer back to this if loop.

I've also tried implementing this code:
JavaScript:
loop while isplay('sounds/maintheme.mp3')<1:
     PLAY 'sounds/maintheme.mp3',50
     end
end
But this gives me a syntax error, even though I'm looking at a code block on the russian QSP documentation website using this exact syntax:
1700671691735.png
I don't get it.

Last edited: