Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
True which is why I like the idea of putting something similar earlier in the game. This teaches players that there will be hidden scenes and to look out for them without explicitly saying 'THIS SCENE HAS HIDDEN STUFF'. To me anytime a game has to point things out in such a blatant way isn't conveying vital information to the player naturally. I know it makes things much tougher but it feels way more organic. Plus the players can still get the 'ah ha!' moment when they solve it by being clever or observant instead of 'yay I found the thing cause the game told me it was here'
Ur idea with a hints, I find it very interesting. It will be necessary to try it. Of course, I tried to hint with the dialogue, saying "But he is very large, and looks very strong! I need to act smart! In a direct fight, for sure he will beat me.".

RoninKai

Sep 5, 2017
@Zee95 Which is exactly why I played that scene over and over again sure I could do things different, even before I had to go looking up hints haha then someone was talking about a baseball bat and that got me even more twisted @.@ I think you were headed in the right direction Zee, I just think this happened too late in the game. Nothing like this had happened before so it came out of nowhere. It kinda reminds me of a YouTube video by Egoraptor talking about MegaManX and why the intro level to that game was so amazing *as well as earlier Megaman games*. It literally teaches you every mechanic you will ever need to know about that game and never once says 'megaman megaman! Here's how you do the thing you need to do!' the game forces you to learn it in a way that makes you feel like you discovered it instead of being told.

Also I decided to keep working on my translation fix of the game. I finished Chapter 1 *which ends right after the year time skip finishes* and I really like how the lake scene with the girls turned out. It should be compatible with old saves *it was with mine* since I only changed the text. Again I tried to change as little as possible, I only fixed some grammar to help things flow a bit better and I changed a few lines that just didn't sound right in English *at least to me* also I changed a few lines at the lake scene to make them more...sexy ^^ anyways if you see it and like it please let me know as it helps me grow as an author!

Reactions: Zee95

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
Thank you @RoninKai , I will definitely look at your text. And most likely most of your text will be inserted into the official release, if you don't mind:). Thank you for your work!

RoninKai

Sep 5, 2017
@Zee95 I don't mind at all, use my work as you see fit Zee. I did it not expecting anything to come of it, I just wanted to challenge myself not only as an author but I wanted to see if I could work in Renpy. It was way easier than I thought just changing the text but there was way more text than I thought! But if my work helps your game to get more popular and helps you to keep releasing quality content then mission successful!

*edit* I just checked the mega link to make sure it was the right version and I already see so many things that I should have fixed earlier...maybe I shouldn't write the sexy scenes sober anymore >>

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
@Zee95 I don't mind at all, use my work as you see fit Zee. I did it not expecting anything to come of it, I just wanted to challenge myself not only as an author but I wanted to see if I could work in Renpy. It was way easier than I thought just changing the text but there was way more text than I thought! But if my work helps your game to get more popular and helps you to keep releasing quality content then mission successful!

*edit* I just checked the mega link to make sure it was the right version and I already see so many things that I should have fixed earlier...maybe I shouldn't write the sexy scenes sober anymore >>
I haven't looked at ur text yet, but I will definitely look. And we will release 0.15rk version (RoninKai edition) and we will see what ppl say

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
0.16 work in progress.jpg
Hi guys! I've finished the first location, the escape from the barn. All images of this scene are done. Over 40 randers used in this scene. I've also finished the code. Checked, tested and played ... Everything works good ... So I proceed further to work. The next location is the courtyard and the house of the kidnapper. As you know all the locations I make myself. I have some ready-made scenes, which I somehow finish or slightly rework, but many scenes have to be done from scratch.

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
@Zee95 Which is exactly why I played that scene over and over again sure I could do things different, even before I had to go looking up hints haha then someone was talking about a baseball bat and that got me even more twisted @.@ I think you were headed in the right direction Zee, I just think this happened too late in the game. Nothing like this had happened before so it came out of nowhere. It kinda reminds me of a YouTube video by Egoraptor talking about MegaManX and why the intro level to that game was so amazing *as well as earlier Megaman games*. It literally teaches you every mechanic you will ever need to know about that game and never once says 'megaman megaman! Here's how you do the thing you need to do!' the game forces you to learn it in a way that makes you feel like you discovered it instead of being told.

Also I decided to keep working on my translation fix of the game. I finished Chapter 1 *which ends right after the year time skip finishes* and I really like how the lake scene with the girls turned out. It should be compatible with old saves *it was with mine* since I only changed the text. Again I tried to change as little as possible, I only fixed some grammar to help things flow a bit better and I changed a few lines that just didn't sound right in English *at least to me* also I changed a few lines at the lake scene to make them more...sexy ^^ anyways if you see it and like it please let me know as it helps me grow as an author!

1.77 Gb? :eek:

RoninKai

Sep 5, 2017
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's because I unpacked the game to see all the art assets and just left it like that. It's my first time using renpy and I didn't want to mess around with things that could potentially break the game and don't make any promises about using it till you see the damn thing lol like I said I'm not as happy with it as I could be and I'm going to to go over it again this weekend. I'll see then if I can take the original 1gb file and copy my work over to that without increasing it's size

RoninKai

Sep 5, 2017
Will just the script.rpy contain all the text? I tried opening one and it didn't seem to have any of it but maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place. I'll just add that to the list of things I'll look into over the weekend, I get sat and sun off so I should have plenty of time to refine everything and this time I wont be reworking text for nearly 10 hours straight so my head should be a little more clear lol

jaydem

Sep 8, 2017
@Zee95
I have to say, you've done a fantastic job on creating the barn and house models.
I remember the original was a camper/trailer and barn, but the house actually gives it a spookier feel in my opinion.
On a more humorous note, I've noticed the TV in the background.
I think it would be funny to have something like "Mr. Roger's Neighborhood" playing on the screen......Lol!! or something like a nature program of nothing but Mating Animals might be a more ironic scene too.

Anyway, your doing an amazing job Brother!...……………………….Peace!!

Reactions: Zee95 and Bip

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
@Zee95
I have to say, you've done a fantastic job on creating the barn and house models.
I remember the original was a camper/trailer and barn, but the house actually gives it a spookier feel in my opinion.
On a more humorous note, I've noticed the TV in the background.
I think it would be funny to have something like "Mr. Roger's Neighborhood" playing on the screen......Lol!! or something like a nature program of nothing but Mating Animals might be a more ironic scene too.

Anyway, your doing an amazing job Brother!...……………………….Peace!!
Thnx buddy! Yep, I thought the house would be more realistic than a trailer. There are a couple of surprises I hid in version 0.16. I hope you will enjoy. Honestly, perhaps some will seem some scenes eerie.

Reactions: Almas18 and jaydem

RoninKai

Sep 5, 2017
Alright so I FINALLY finished going through chapter 1 and reworking the txt to the point I'm happy with it *didn't help someone at my house fucked with the power and I lost about 4 hours worth of work but whatever* also thanks to some friendly advice from gigan I realized I didn't need to upload the entire modified game. Anyone who's interested in trying out my eng translation fix just has to copy the file below into the game directory of pretty much any version of the game and overwrite the existing file *make a backup of the original chapter 1 txt file just in case you want to go back* Now to start work on chapter 2

Reactions: gigan and Zee95

DanteBlackX

Sep 6, 2018
the exclamation point is the better idea, mainly due to the fact some buttons only appear in a single frame the disappear, im talking about the adele button, i missed it so many times because it only shows up at a single point in the dialogue so its extremely easy to miss, dropping hints is all well and good, but if u think of things in a different way you could come up with something great, you could create a screen effect that indicates perhaps panic during a scene indicating you have to do something (like a pulsating frame indicating that if you dont find something there will be a major plot change for example if you dont save adele something bad will happen), and to top that off you can have the text auto hide itself telling you to search the scene, this isnt telling you what to search for its saying hey wait lets check this shit out before moving on, as for basic hidden things like an extra scene or an easter egg the ! would be a good indicator not to skip just yet and look around, the ! isnt a give away its an alert, and people who say its not realistic arent thinking logically because everyone would have a different approach to a situation so a dialogue hint isnt the "realistic" choice either, like the kidnapper scene, if i was in the mc place i woulda knocked his knee out yeah, but id follow that up by driving my heel into the guys spine incapacitating him for good (cant do much if his spine is dislocated or broken) also the mc coulda thrown the bottle at the store and that would have brought the clerks running (hey if u smash the store window with the bottle that would get peoples attention), you dont need to go for the head to deal with him there are multiple ways of dealing with that type of situation, so having a single option with a vague hint that u need to do something doesnt really work in this sense if you get my meaning. but ya a physical indicator that there is something there is the way to go in a game like this, besides its a game not rl, so no matter what you do youll never make something that is "true to life" all you can get is "close to life".

this is just my 2 cents on the hidden button concept, love the concept didnt care for the execution, but like life everything is trial and error, but doing polls for major changes like this in the future will help out alot and avoid unnecessary confusion and frustration for people (i know i was frustrated with the adele scene i didnt even know about the buttons till i ran a search for the walkthrough the one i found didnt do any good and in fact made me even more confused, i literally just played the game for the first time, so i have no idea what ive missed prior to that scene), also id suggest putting in a pop up alert telling you that the hidden buttons are going to start appearing, seeing as i have no idea at what point in the game you started implementing them, hope it gives u some future ideas zee

3.70 star(s) 44 Votes