HTML The Time of Cherries [Completed/Ongoing] [Development Thread]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Plonk

Jul 9, 2017
There may be some way to do it with some inline javascript but in short no.
I could add a "video" element to allow this, but not a priority - may consider it but you'll double your overall download size for scenes that have a 2% chance that a player will see? (very different to a kinetic visual novel or other html game where they will eventually get to a particular scene)
Yeah I get ya, no worries then. I'll skip the idea for now, I can always archive them for now if it becomes a possibility down the road.

I might've misunderstood what you mean by doubling the download size though. Unless you're refering to the game download itself (which I get if that's the case), the idea is to use webm to save download sizes since animated webp's are significantly larger.

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Just a couple of small quality of life changes:
  • Checkbox option when starting a new game to remove relationship events from the new game.
  • When working 5 days a week, your contract offer will refresh on Thursday giving you a second contract for the week.
Unzip attachment and replace original html file.
* Updated 27th March to fix error

Last edited:

Plonk

Jul 9, 2017
The second contract for the week feels so much better now. No need to keep changing job times no more.

The "global" events (Protagonist & model are now friends, etc) will still play with the checkbox checked.

connerian135

Feb 1, 2021
Hey guys! Am really enjoying this game have been following the progress of the base game & even Plonk's mod.
However, since I started using the new HTML, the vanilla & Plonk's relationship events don't seem to be triggering for me. I've tried with & without checking the new events checkbox.

I've also tried playing the game on Firefox & Brave, still no luck with either.

Reactions: MrBloobby123

imaginemetal

Jul 16, 2020
@obsessionau

Hey, if it's any help I noticed in that .html file you shared with the extra contracts that at the very start of the game it doesn't show how many relationship events at the top of the screen as it normally does, in case that information helps with diagnosing the no events thing.

I also noticed if you hover your mouse over the heart in the model screen it normally shows 18/18 available (for example) but instead it's showing 0/18. I can only guess that it's something to do with not loading in the relationship events when the models are added at the start, but could be wrong of course.

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Fixed the bug that was with that html file. I had defined the variable that tracks enabling the events as a temporary variable _DisableEvents when I should have just had it as a static.
Attached file should fix issue.

I have also updated the Mercedes mod with another 8 or so models added to it. That can be found on the game front page. I haven't double checked the link though.

Last edited:

imaginemetal

Jul 16, 2020
obsessionau

Sorry if I'm just doing something stupid but I keep trying to download the new Mercedes Mod from the Main Game Page and it's still the 99MB one (not 162MB as stated) .. tried in different browsers, looks like an old MEGA Link .. thanks :)

Mar 16, 2022
Just a little curious about relationship events. In the files for ModelsCore.lsm I see events like TOCbeach and TOCpool and, I assume, I could copy the code from that whole section, post it to the bottom of my ciamod.lsm, and just change the names of the models, correct? Or is there an easier way to flag a model with the correct event pictures to have the events fire on them? Would the same process work for other mods, just steal plonkers' code/text and use it for my own models?

Reactions: imaginemetal

imaginemetal

Jul 16, 2020
Hey LottaLoyaltyForAHiredGun,

If you look at my Events .lsm the "Global" events, at the top, doesn't flag any models (flag : [],) so that means they'll appear for everyone, whereas the "Relationship" events underneath will only appear for certain models, you have to specify the images differently for each, so for the Global events:

["image", "MMglobal/text.webp"],

That means you need a folder, call it whatever you want, along with all the other model folders for the global images.
So /images/MMglobal/text.webp would be the location.

For the relationship events, the code looks like this:

["image", "/MMevents/dance1.webp", "$ModelSelected"],

"MMDance" : {
relationship : 9,
author : "Dancing Queen",
flag : "AriannaSinn,AutumnJade",
pgender : "male,female",

The "MMevents" folder has to be inside the Model folder, so for this event Arianna Sinn is one of the models so the complete location would be /images/AriannaSinn/MMevents/dance1.webp
(And you need that dance1.webp in each model's folder, so also /images/AutumnJade/MMevents/dance1.webp)

That's the basics of it, I probably started my events file from Plonker's one but you can just edit my one if you want, just remember that the Global events needs a Javascript "end" after it, and before the Relationship events start, so the last global event has

}
},

And after the relationship events is:

}
}}};

Missing commas and stuff is the most likely thing to throw up errors when importing the .lsm

You can change the name of those folders to be whatever you want, my suggestion would be to start with just 1 or 2 of each type of event and get to grips with it.

(In the code you can leave yourself notes by using four slashes, so you'll see my one has:
////Global Events, //// just means it'll ignore that line)

Hope that helps,
Cheers :)

Plonk

Jul 9, 2017
Just a little curious about relationship events. In the files for ModelsCore.lsm I see events like TOCbeach and TOCpool and, I assume, I could copy the code from that whole section, post it to the bottom of my ciamod.lsm, and just change the names of the models, correct? Or is there an easier way to flag a model with the correct event pictures to have the events fire on them? Would the same process work for other mods, just steal plonkers' code/text and use it for my own models?
You're more then welcome to use any of the events I've made. imaginemetal has already gave you a detailed run down above of how to go about it. Only thing to add is to make sure that the events you use have a unique variable (which is located at the first line of an event) to avoid conflicts. Adding a prefix is ideal for this. For example, if you use the gift event....

Code:
"P1GiftClothes" : {
    relationship : 1,
    author : "Welcoming Gift",
Change the first line to something like this...

Code:
"LottaGiftClothes" : {
    relationship : 1,
    author : "Welcoming Gift",

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
A breakdown:
Events inside "RelationshipDefaultData" are events that will play for any model that does not have events. I haven't done much here as I found these can be repetitive and annoying so it is more used as just a general notification that your relationship status has leveled up.

For custom events you can copy and paste existing events, but the eventname should be unique. The breakdown is as follows:

Code:
"<eventName>" : {
    relationship : <relationshipLevel>,
    flag : "<modelName>",
    pgender : "<protagonistGender>",
    author : "<yourName>",
    eventcontent : [
        ["<eventType>", "<eventText>"],
        ["<eventType>", "<eventText>"]]
},
<eventName> - Unique descriptor, do not put any spaces or special characters. I prefix my events now with TOC so that it doesn't conflict with other peoples events.
<relationshipLevel> - The relationship level from 1-13 you need to be with the character to trigger the event.
<flag> - The folder name of the model. The models should be comma separated and the models in here do not have to be in the game and it will still work.
<protagonistGender> - What gender is the protagonst? you can put both genders comma separated in to work for both.
<yourName> - This text will appear in the top right of the page when the event plays. Was designed so that you can identify your own events to others if you want. This can include html code. The author property is optional.
<eventType> - There are multiple event types that will affect how text is displayed on screen. image is for images, aside is for player thoughts; player is for the players speech; slug is for narrator text; $ModelSelected is for the model's speech.
<eventText> - The info for the above. Other than the image tag the rest work the same (html code will work inside eg. <b></b> to bold). you can also refer to specific features of the model, the main one might be the models name which is $Bio[$ModelSelected].name or the models age which should be $Bio[$ModelSelected].age
For the image event type you can have two formats. ["image", "<path from the images folder>"] or ["image", "<path from the model's folder>", "$ModelSelected"]. You use the former for images that will apply to any model in that event, for example the picture of a car, you then use the later for model specific images, eg the model undressing. Make sure you then place the images in the correct folders!
, - Separate each event with a comma, your last event should not have this.

The trickiest bit is that the code is quite sensitive. So a lower case character instead of a capital or a stray , can cause the whole thing to trip over and cause errors , or nothing to trip over and it just not work as expected. Keep your relationship level to 1 and go into the debug mode to add the model directly into your game while testing to speed up that testing process.

Last edited:

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Not sure if anyone is interested in a Model Ranking addon?
There is no real point to do this in the game so I never implemented it. However I created a basic one the other day and wasn't sure if people were interested, it is completely separate from the game and sits as a standalone html file.
1689145542260.png
At the moment it uses a Elo ranking system to rank the girls, however if you download all the mod packs and try it for all 600 or so models this is around 180,000 comparisons you will have to do to get a full list.

I did it for about 4 hours yesterday and was hoping I was almost done but had forgotten to add a count, but after doing the maths I have worked out it will take close to 100 hours to do the 180,000 comparisons (assuming 1 every 2 seconds) so I am nowhere near the end (and I have not yet implemented a save/load feature.

If anyone has any idea's on how to do it faster let me know - I tried to get it to automatically assume a win if there is a ranking difference of greater than 100 between the two girls, but that does not appear to be working at the moment and I didn't want to lose my last 4 hours of comparisons.

Just doing the 170 default models it is a much more respectable 14,000 comparisons which would only take a casual 8 hours or so.

I did consider a "tournament" style, but this is really only useful for finding out a winner and I do want something a bit more thorough.

Mar 16, 2022
Not sure if anyone is interested in a Model Ranking addon?
There is no real point to do this in the game so I never implemented it. However I created a basic one the other day and wasn't sure if people were interested, it is completely separate from the game and sits as a standalone html file.
View attachment 2763190
At the moment it uses a Elo ranking system to rank the girls, however if you download all the mod packs and try it for all 600 or so models this is around 180,000 comparisons you will have to do to get a full list.

I did it for about 4 hours yesterday and was hoping I was almost done but had forgotten to add a count, but after doing the maths I have worked out it will take close to 100 hours to do the 180,000 comparisons (assuming 1 every 2 seconds) so I am nowhere near the end (and I have not yet implemented a save/load feature.

If anyone has any idea's on how to do it faster let me know - I tried to get it to automatically assume a win if there is a ranking difference of greater than 100 between the two girls, but that does not appear to be working at the moment and I didn't want to lose my last 4 hours of comparisons.

Just doing the 170 default models it is a much more respectable 14,000 comparisons which would only take a casual 8 hours or so.

I did consider a "tournament" style, but this is really only useful for finding out a winner and I do want something a bit more thorough.
Sounds like a fun enough way to waste a bit of time. Absolutely no idea how it could be integrated into the main game though.

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
TOC Model rater
View attachment TOCModelRater.zip
1689506470981.png

SETUP
Step 1 Download TOC Rater.zip and unzip into the main Time Of Cherries folder (2 files)
Step 2 IF using windows right click models.ps1 and run with powershell, this will build a list of all the models (folders) and save it to output.txt. If not using windows you will need to create a list of the folder names of the models another way.
Step 3 Open the output.txt and copy the list of folder names
Step 4 Open rating.html and past the list in the textbox and click start Comparison.

---

INSTRUCTIONS
To rate the girls, just select which of the two girls you prefer, pressing [z] will select the girl on the left, [x] will select the girl on the right. You can change the pictures of both girls by pressing [c] or their clothing state by pressing [d].

Next to the models name you will see in brackets their ranking and square brakets the rating they will be on if they win.

Load Comparison - Load a comparison that you have not yet finished.
Save Comparison - Save your current comparison so you can finish it later
Save rating List - Export the elo ratings results as text file.

Ranking Band - The webpage will automatically allocate a wins to the model with the higher rank if the ranking difference between the two models is over this number. Mainly useful for larger lists so you don't have to compare Rank 1 with a Rank 400 girl. To modify this number you will need to press enter to get it to register and then click off the box if you wish to use the keyboard to select the models.

Pressing [v] will display ranking by the elo or pairwise ranking methods.
The rating list will hilight the item blue if it is currently being compared, or orange if it has just been compared so you can spot movement easier.

Last edited:

Lipif

Dec 26, 2020
oui je vote pour une possibilité de modèle aléatoire, peut-être même un système de trounis, ex : le philadelphia show, 32 modèle aléatoire avec 16e quart de finale, 8e de finale..etc

Reactions: Trollhunter
2.00 star(s) 1 Vote