HTML The Time of Cherries [Completed/Ongoing] [Development Thread]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Not sure if intentional but the game is displaying the 32 100 random pics on a fresh game state with 0 acheives (Playing on incog mode). Haven't even done my first photo shoot yet. :unsure: (Happens with and without mods loaded.)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It is a nice feature though, almost like a "Models Of The Day" kinda vibe.
I had this working perfectly weeks ago. I then started playing around experimenting with different features (getting the images to zoom when you mouse over etc) and I don't think I undid all the changes as something appears to have broken since.

To address Jiddim's question. The events for now have to be either for a male or female protagonist. When I first designed the events I assumed most events would use images or language that would imply a gender, but it turns out many events can be applied to both gender leads. I plan on fixing this in the next build so that it works as you have mentioned "male,female" or "male" or "female". I don't necessarily see a need for an intersex option??

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
It has been a month since my last update and this release sees a few things tweaked:
  • New - More events added. 66% of models now have events 25% of the models have 3 or more events.
  • Change - Events: The player gender tag can now feature both genders for events using 'male,female'. No space after the comma.
  • Change - Changed a couple of models, taking out models without events with models with 3+ events. The models that have been removed have been placed in the Mercedes mod.
  • Change - Tidied up the data files a bit for better organisation, and to split the core so there is a smaller download available.
  • Fix - Fixed a couple of event pics and events.
  • Fix - Fixed the achievement screen not displaying gallery properly. Also after unlocking 5 models now displays 24 pics instead of 32.
Of the above possibly the most significant change is the ability to have an event apply to both genders (addressing the post above from Jiddim).

The other significant change has been adding new events and new models. 10% more models have 3 or more events since the last build. I have set my target to have all 170 models to have 3 or more events so I am a quarter of the way there.

I have added another 10 models most of which have gone straight into the Mercede's mod however some who I could easily do events for went and replaced existing models which I had no events for. Those models where moved into the Mercede's Mod. As such if you download that mod you may find some files already exist.

I have also fixed the achievement gallery, and added a larger 3x2 Image size in the gallery.

Reactions: Trollhunter

Lipif

Dec 26, 2020
still no way to know that we are launching a second or third part if we do a casting to know if we have already rolled up the model gallery ?

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
still no way to know that we are launching a second or third part if we do a casting to know if we have already rolled up the model gallery ?
I am not sure what you mean?

If you are in the hire screen, you can't go into your achievement screen to check which models you need to unlock if this is what you are trying to do?

Probably easier just to do a screen grab of your achievements screen with the windows snipping tool and ALT-TAB rather than going and checking everytime?

Adalraf

Oct 5, 2017
in this save, if you gain 1 more heart with Marketa, this error will occur.
Screenshot 2022-11-07 182301.jpg

edit: ok, this does not just happen with Marketa

Last edited:

ricewine

Jul 16, 2020
keep getting
Code:
Error: <<EventTest>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'pgender'))
<<EventTest>>

Reactions: cchance

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
keep getting
Code:
Error: <<EventTest>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'pgender'))
<<EventTest>>
Which download did you use as the fix for this should already be implemented and uploaded

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
How can i unlock specific models?
Once you get the receptionist upgrade go to the office screen and hire a receptionist. Instead of models calling you, you will be able to hold auditions and pick from a selection of 3 - 5 models depending on your models personality.

There are multiple cheat alternatives. From least cheaty to most cheaty... (if that can be represented as a range?)

Last edited:

Plonk

Jul 9, 2017
full save
Can't really "full save" this game since its more designed to be played in multiple playthroughs. The acheivements are also saved in browser and are only triggered upon completing a collection/deception.

Plonk

Jul 9, 2017
So this may be a bug but I can't for the life of me get .webm files to play in events. Does the game support it? If not, is it possible to add? Main reason I ask is cus when it comes to image sizes .webp is king but for videos it's not that great compared to .webm. It's also a pain to convert vids to .webp in general.

Update :- Just to add, looks like .mp4 isn't working either. The path is 100% correct as I can open the source link on a new tab and it plays. I know the cards have to be in .webp but I could've sworn events supported the other formats. From some testing, videos in .webp can be as much as 9x the size of .webm which is pretty huge.

Last edited:

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
So this may be a bug but I can't for the life of me get .webm files to play in events. Does the game support it? If not, is it possible to add? Main reason I ask is cus when it comes to image sizes .webp is king but for videos it's not that great compared to .webm. It's also a pain to convert vids to .webp in general.

Update :- Just to add, looks like .mp4 isn't working either. The path is 100% correct as I can open the source link on a new tab and it plays. I know the cards have to be in .webp but I could've sworn events supported the other formats. From some testing, videos in .webp can be as much as 9x the size of .webm which is pretty huge.
Webp and animated webp is like jpg and gif, they are displayed as images. To display videos, you need different code.

Reactions: Plonk

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
What Alcahest said... One work around for events would be to inject the html code straight into the slug element:
Code:
["slug", "<video src='https://dl8.webmfiles.org/big-buck-bunny_trailer.webm' controls autoplay loop></video>"],
Just remember to use single quotes if you are specifying things like height='480' width='270'.

Plonk

Jul 9, 2017
That code worked a treat. Managed to get the vid playing.

["slug", "<video src='images/AnyaOlsen/vids/tease1.webm' controls autoplay loop></video>"],

However only issue now is I can't seem to get it to use the "$ModelSelected" code that tells the game to look in the model's folder if they are using the same event. Want to try to keep the overall number of events to a minimum to minimize the transition lag.

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
That code worked a treat. Managed to get the vid playing.

["slug", "<video src='images/AnyaOlsen/vids/tease1.webm' controls autoplay loop></video>"],

However only issue now is I can't seem to get it to use the "$ModelSelected" code that tells the game to look in the model's folder if they are using the same event. Want to try to keep the overall number of events to a minimum to minimize the transition lag.
There may be some way to do it with some inline javascript but in short no.
I could add a "video" element to allow this, but not a priority - may consider it but you'll double your overall download size for scenes that have a 2% chance that a player will see? (very different to a kinetic visual novel or other html game where they will eventually get to a particular scene)

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote