HTML Abandoned The Things We Do For Love [v0.27a] [Naughty-Lus]

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
It's up on TFGames, but for those who can't wait for Idontknowme to post (or get it over there ;P) and want to play right away:

Also, seeing it's not abandoned, can someone remove the abandoned tag please?
I didn't think too many people on here would miss my game and want an update. Three people exceeds my estimate by three. It means a lot to me and makes my decision to return to the game seem more right than I initially thought.

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
I didn't think too many people on here would miss my game and want an update. Three people exceeds my estimate by three. It means a lot to me and makes my decision to return to the game seem more right than I initially thought.
I'm glad you're back with us, I really missed your game. Also, I'm pretty sure there are more than the three of us, who are happy about updates, too. ;P

Edit:

Found two(three) bugs (though the "endofcontent" bug was already reported).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, I've got a question regarding possible future content.

Last edited:
Reactions: Idontknowme

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
Found two(three) bugs (though the "endofcontent" bug was already reported).

Would you have a save file of this perhaps? This one has too many scenarios to parse through and I failed to replicate the scenario. I did fix multiple errors on it now. So, thanks for the report. Weird that nobody reported this one till now...Sorry for not seeing your report sooner! Since, it is not game breaking, I'll upload it with the update. Seems kind of disingenuous bumping up your own game on Latest Updates with a single bug fix.

Also, I've got a question regarding possible future content.

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
Would you have a save file of this perhaps? This one has too many scenarios to parse through and I failed to replicate the scenario. I did fix multiple errors on it now. So, thanks for the report. Weird that nobody reported this one till now...Sorry for not seeing your report sooner! Since, it is not game breaking, I'll upload it with the update. Seems kind of disingenuous bumping up your own game on Latest Updates with a single bug fix.

No worries Idontknowme. By simply editing the post, to prevent double posts, while forgetting to call? shout out to?... you probably didn't make it easier either.

As for the save file... I've just checked by loading my earliest save and (re)making every choice I made the way before. Seems even my earliest is already past that event though. (Idiot me forgot (again) to make a bug save aswell =_=)

Edit:

In Lines 2988-2994 the "<<if $drink_cum == 2>>" isn't colored, but all other code lines (including that line in the other groups) are marked. Because of the "==" instead of "eq"?

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
No worries Idontknowme. By simply editing the post, to prevent double posts, while forgetting to call? shout out to?... you probably didn't make it easier either.

As for the save file... I've just checked by loading my earliest save and (re)making every choice I made the way before. Seems even my earliest is already past that event though. (Idiot me forgot (again) to make a bug save aswell =_=)

Edit:

In Lines 2988-2994 the "<<if $drink_cum == 2>>" isn't colored, but all other code lines (including that line in the other groups) are marked. Because of the "==" instead of "eq"?
Yeah. I already found those... Thanks anyway...

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016

Could TCMS muttdoggy or some other moderator please move this game out of abandonded. I have updated twice in a month now.

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
Alright, just posted a ticket, hope that helps finally getting that tag off. Now, off to trying that new update. ^^

Edit:

Hey Idontknowme, the [Abandoned] is finally gone and things should liven up a little more now. Also, next time, just report the thread with the version number, the staff handles the everything then. Didn't know that either btw, thanks wep, both for removing the tag and telling me (us).

Now onto the "fun" part. Found a bug (or two?) just shortly after start (day 4, afternoon).

When the random event "What should I ask her?" instead of the regular tea time appears, it doesn't matter what choice I pick (About her first time, About her ex, Her thoughts when I proposed to her or Her past sexual experience).

Each of them shows her answer just fine, but the "Time for Work" link leads to a black screen with no links. If I go back to where the "What should I ask her?" is/was, until I trigger the regular tea event, the "Time for Work" link works again. Added save this time. ;P

Also, the 21 "Sweet Dreams!" appear at the same time including the "Wake Up" link. Not sure if this is a bug or a design choice, though.

Pitching the clients as faces for brands and the clickable text, if there's only one link, are also nice additions.

Last edited:

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
Edit:

Hey Idontknowme, the [Abandoned] is finally gone and things should liven up a little more now. Also, next time, just report the thread with the version number, the staff handles the everything then. Didn't know that either btw, thanks wep, both for removing the tag and telling me (us).
Thanks for the help in getting that tag removed Suryujin !
When the random event "What should I ask her?" instead of the regular tea time appears, it doesn't matter what choice I pick (About her first time, About her ex, Her thoughts when I proposed to her or Her past sexual experience).

Each of them shows her answer just fine, but the "Time for Work" link leads to a black screen with no links. If I go back to where the "What should I ask her?" is/was, until I trigger the regular tea event, the "Time for Work" link works again. Added save this time. ;P
It's weird it was working well when I play tested it. Now it is going all haywire. Anyway, I fixed it.

Also, the 21 "Sweet Dreams!" appear at the same time including the "Wake Up" link. Not sure if this is a bug or a design choice, though.

Pitching the clients as faces for brands and the clickable text, if there's only one link, are also nice additions.
It WAS a design choice. Not a good one but one that was necessary for the time being. I added Hiev's functionality to click anywhere to progress on passages with single link. A single Seet Dreams! made the area to be clicked awfully specific to I filled the whole page. I hope the functionality is reducing a lot of the clicking fatigue people have reported.

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
Glad I could help.

Ehh, yes, it definitely helps not having to click on a small link somewhere in / after the text.

As for the Sweet Dreams! part... maybe a clickable picture of a dream(y) Nicole or a passage about waking up and seeing her still asleep next to you? Memories/Dreams from when they've just got together or some of their naughty / important times as a couple?

It doesn't have to be a full page or anything, just a little tease. Not going to complain though, if you write up a dream scene (or two) and Nicole asks what got you so excited in the morning. The two of you could talk about it and it could later on be expanded / lead to more.

Now, I've found a few bugs and have a question, which again, could be a bug or design choice. In case of the last bug, I've removed some of the text from the scene (it's over a page long, just enough to see where/what) and added a save from right in the middle of it, showing the errors somewhere to the bottom of the page.

HikariNova

Nov 23, 2017
so what are the current content so far in the current release seeing as the creator of this game isn't telling in the changelog *pouts* and is it worth playing in it's current version?

guyfawk

Jun 12, 2017
Seems to hit a blank screen on Day 5. Actually it seems to go blank after the screen below:

Code:
What should I ask her?
About her first time
About her ex
Her thoughts when I proposed to her
Her past sexual experience
Also, there's a bug where if you look at your wife's stats on the "WAKE UP" screen, it just keeps cycling between the two screens.

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
Glad I could help.

Ehh, yes, it definitely helps not having to click on a small link somewhere in / after the text.

As for the Sweet Dreams! part... maybe a clickable picture of a dream(y) Nicole or a passage about waking up and seeing her still asleep next to you? Memories/Dreams from when they've just got together or some of their naughty / important times as a couple?

It doesn't have to be a full page or anything, just a little tease. Not going to complain though, if you write up a dream scene (or two) and Nicole asks what got you so excited in the morning. The two of you could talk about it and it could later on be expanded / lead to more.

Now, I've found a few bugs and have a question, which again, could be a bug or design choice. In case of the last bug, I've removed some of the text from the scene (it's over a page long, just enough to see where/what) and added a save from right in the middle of it, showing the errors somewhere to the bottom of the page.

Damn! Courage the Cowardly Dog! Haven't thought about that fucker in ages!
so what are the current content so far in the current release seeing as the creator of this game isn't telling in the changelog *pouts* and is it worth playing in it's current version?
Here ya go, champ!

Yikes, for a moment there I thought it was this https://f95zone.to/threads/the-things-we-do-for-love-ep-1-2-dseductiongames.19661/ that got updated, got confused for a second since it's the exact same title :p
I saw that that game had the same name as mine but I was not updating it then so I didn't mind it. Maybe I'll change my game's title!
*Pushes Bran down
When the name came to me in 2017 I tried to remember where I had heard it. Finally I saw that scene in a dream and regretted the name immediately. The name is fitting for the game, however! (hopefully)[/spoiler]

Reactions: Eerie Entity

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
I am gonna need more details than that. What were you doing on day 5? What was the previous screen? Time of day? Possibly a save? Are you in a scripted event or a random event?