• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeliosPirate

Dec 6, 2017
btw, totally off-topic but the Sims 4 does a collab with Square Enix... So I don't really think they lacking money because SE does collab only with whale$. I really don't understand why they don't put more money to fix the game, seriously.

Well let's see... maybe it's just EA that don't care about this game even if it's his game mascott.

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
btw, totally off-topic but the Sims 4 does a collab with Square Enix... So I don't really think they lacking money because SE does collab only with whale$. I really don't understand why they don't put more money to fix the game, seriously.

Well let's see... maybe it's just EA that don't care about this game even if it's his game mascott.
Lmao Fifa alone would keep EA afloat, every other IP is icing on the cake. They could get rid of literally all their IP's and only have a sports license and would have more than enough money to do whatever. There's nothing really to fix anyway, the state of the game is the game they intended to make all along. They went minimalist in every way possible to make sure 4 didn't end up like 3.

This site has a bit of patreon CC on it. It might be useful:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Wow this is exactly what I've been looking for, really nice find. I appreciate the preview pictures immensely as it can be a real pain to have to search through countless tumblr pages for some proper WW-appropriate clothes and TSR is just pure garbage.

K.Leoric

Jul 4, 2017

Money keeps coming with the current quality, it's enough for EA. Also The Sims community is smaller than it was during Sims and Sims 2 era, they don't want to invest as much as before.

Reactions: RobinF

AlinaReloaded

Nov 26, 2017
This site has a bit of patreon CC on it. It might be useful:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I love this site. I got into it because they have alot of CC that's been deleted but the patreon stuff was a plus. People were trying to get the site taken down so she created an email list and would just send patreon stuff out every week. I'm glad she was able to get the full site up and running

_Fin_

Jan 2, 2018
A nice post from LL:
I'm a student in law but really you don't even need to be one to understand that the CC you create is not yours but EA properties.

In fact, you can share anything from others modders and you have the right to do it. If you think I'm wrong, then you can always read EA's code of conduct, something you have to accept when using EA products.

EA will not do anything against paywall content tho, at least if it's not a danger or if it's not reported. But it's illegal. Sharing, on the other hand, is legal even if unfair for some creators.

Some creators try to protect their creation with "TOU" or "EULA" but these have 0 values since you already signed EA e-contract, thus make them totally irrelevant. You sign this kind of contract just when you start to buy, download or use EA product/assets, really. So it's impossible to create mods without it.

If you disagree with it and you don't want to see your content shared, then don't share them, or don't use EA products.

It's not the case for every games, but The Sims 4 is not one of them.

However, you can ask for donation and support. It's how Patreon should be used anyway, with early release of your work between 2 and 3 weeks maximum before you have to release everything publicly and free.

I insist with the everything because some animators don't do that, and the issue is here. But keep in mind that even if you do it, people can share your work and they have the right to do so, unless they ask money for it.
But I'm starting to think, the problem doesn't even lie within the animators themselves, most of them are nice folks who just try to make a living, albeit this is still wrong (making a living selling animations based on another one's product).
The problem is LoversLab's sloppy and uncaring administration, that lets the Patreon madness run free. Or perhaps there are second agendas involved, who knows.

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
Golden88 I think is their name they made some nice climax animations. Though they're exaggerated (highly) I love the funny faces and jittering they do especially the females. It shows they're having a violent orgasmic good time. Mike24 really does a horrible job with climaxes.

sstormyy

Nov 23, 2017
does anyone has something from this guy ... ... i do enjoy his stuff at LL ... but you know as always he rarely updates there :(
thanks in advance

Reactions: elsiedee

K.Leoric

Jul 4, 2017
I think the patreons who do more fuss are the ones who make cloths, the animators at least the ones i know are cool people.
Wanting to have a living only by making mods it's not safe and wrong, they're using assets that belongs to another company, modding should be a hobby and in patreons case a extra income, not the main source of income.

I'm really afraid of how out of control things will be when the next Elder Scrolls come...

sstormyy

Nov 23, 2017
I think the patreons who do more fuss are the ones who make cloths, the animators at least the ones i know are cool people.
Wanting to have a living only by making mods it's not safe and wrong, they're using assets that belongs to another company, modding should be a hobby and in patreons case a extra income, not the main source of income.

I'm really afraid of how out of control things will be when the next Elder Scrolls come...
emphasis on when :D

Immanuel714

Oct 8, 2017

I've never understood things like this being an only source of income. Youtube is the prime example of what happens when you put all your eggs in one basket. Tons have lost most or all revenue. Plus who knows in the next few years when the next Sims comes out, and the example you mentioned.

Reactions: RobinF and K.Leoric

jF1983

Jan 29, 2018

2ND
MARCH
  • · Single Bed - Oraljob 1 (AP) [RL] *BONUS* [FUTA SUPPORT]

--------------------------------------------------------------
*Always copy and paste passwords directly without including any spaces*

PASSWORD: singlebedsucks

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017

Bethesda has already gotten a head-start on killing the modding scene with creation club. That, combined with the fact they dragged their feet releasing the creation kit for fallout 4, in addition to every minor creation club update breaking countless mods, has stunted its modding potential considerably to the extent that it will probably never be 10% as modded as skyrim was. Bethesda has made modding a job, both literally and figuratively.

Reactions: hmorphone

HeliosPirate

Dec 6, 2017
A nice post from LL:

But I'm starting to think, the problem doesn't even lie within the animators themselves, most of them are nice folks who just try to make a living, albeit this is still wrong (making a living selling animations based on another one's product).
The problem is LoversLab's sloppy and uncaring administration, that lets the Patreon madness run free. Or perhaps there are second agendas involved, who knows.
Loverslab will not do anything against it since it increase the site influence. It's free publicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes