RPGM Completed The Shop of Horrors [FutaBox]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Scultonic

Jun 5, 2018
Thirdly, I envy those people who can create only one project, get a good support, and just keep developing it. We're not having any luck but we're trying hard to do it in the future.
It's because they create one project that they get so much support. Because they keep developing it, they get support, and in return, they keep developing. It just repeats.

Whereas multiple WIPs would get less, and since I'm too lazy:
All this shows is you can't commit to one game

Raerngaming

Jun 14, 2018
First thing making several games at same time might end in a major failure, cause having so many projects how the hell are u going to update all of them? if its a really choice here cause after launch first version of the game u go do other project and leave that one abandoned (so to be extact here this is a way to lose interest of the game and losing patreons)
There is alot of people that are still learning to use the game programs like RPGM or Renpy, etc and they dont quit after release or after 1st update, and art is one of the points of the game but for first game its normal if the person its good at it, check "a town uncovered" the art aint great but its unique in a certain way and still got alot of popularity cause he didnt quit after launch or after 1st update he kept going and gain popularity and won some patreons over the time.
Beside u cant never expect after releasing a small portion of the game getting alot of patreons with just one glance of the game u need to keep going, if u are a person that cant even keep doing a single game means u are not ready to make games, if u did like 6 update and see like im not getting alot of good review almost all of them is saying the game aint good then u decide abandon or try to fix the game.

Sorry for my english.
That game 'a town uncovered' is a game i enjoy, He updates his game one time a month lets everyone know when the next update is which btw is the 20th of this month can not wait and he keeps letting people know if something happens like he had to rework his game because of the new policy that was put in place. Also everything you said is right on the money.
Then there is the flip side where I played this one game a different person created it 'camp pinewood'. It started off good had choices that you could make and everything I was interested in it and than he reworked it remove all of the choices the only thing you had to do was pick a location and just read it right after that I just stopped looking at that game. I even said to myself why, why in the world would anyone want to destroy their own game like that. V.N. still have choices you can make.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
per request, here is my unofficial android port of The Shop of Horrors v0.25
you have to grant the app the permission to access external storage or save/load won't work
the <esc> key and therefore opening the game menu is emulated with tapping with 2 fingers on the screen

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me )

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
and here is my compressed version of The Shop of Horrors v0.25
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me )

Reactions: omarsayed

SonaraFox

Jul 6, 2017
Thirdly, I envy those people who can create only one project, get a good support, and just keep developing it. We're not having any luck but we're trying hard to do it in the future.
I get what you're trying to say and what you think is happening, but really it isn't. Creating more projects gets the interest of more people and that makes sense since you're reaching out to a wider audience, but at the same time you gotta think about the big picture here, my dude. You make two more projects on top of your first one, you get the attention of three times the people, but then when it comes to actually MAKING the game and you hit a wall because, as you said, you lack the knowledge and skill to actually make them. Well, things aren't going to end so well. Sure you're getting more people in the short term, but in the long term if you fuck it up, you're risking your reputation and in a sense that's worse than having less supporters early on. More projects bring in the eyes of more people, more people mean more expectations. Lack of efficiency to meet those expectations will end in disappointment and the worst thing you can do as an early developer is fuck it up as soon as you start and build notoriety as someone who can't finish shit, then you lose out on support permanently from a lot of people as well as having word of your blunder spread to those who might be on the fence. In my opinion anyone just starting out shouldn't even bother trying to min max their followers and support. Should be focusing on learning the platform and putting out updates efficiently before considering trying to take on multiple projects and boost your follower count.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
@FutaBox I wasn't going to play your game either way, as i'm not into futa, but I can say that there's nothing that turns me away more from a Dev then someone who can't stick to a single project. Developing three projects at once when you've already admitted that your an amateur at this is absolutely silly. Hopefully you can take a step back and this and think if its really the right decision.

FutaBox

Oct 23, 2017
That game 'a town uncovered' is a game i enjoy, He updates his game one time a month lets everyone know when the next update is which btw is the 20th of this month can not wait and he keeps letting people know if something happens like he had to rework his game because of the new policy that was put in place. Also everything you said is right on the money.
Then there is the flip side where I played this one game a different person created it 'camp pinewood'. It started off good had choices that you could make and everything I was interested in it and than he reworked it remove all of the choices the only thing you had to do was pick a location and just read it right after that I just stopped looking at that game. I even said to myself why, why in the world would anyone want to destroy their own game like that. V.N. still have choices you can make.
Your example is a little out of place because this guy got support almost immediately, you can look at his . He's drawing in a style far different from mine and can make 4-5 times more pictures then I can. I think you've picked not the best example.

I get what you're trying to say and what you think is happening, but really it isn't. Creating more projects gets the interest of more people and that makes sense since you're reaching out to a wider audience, but at the same time you gotta think about the big picture here, my dude. You make two more projects on top of your first one, you get the attention of three times the people, but then when it comes to actually MAKING the game and you hit a wall because, as you said, you lack the knowledge and skill to actually make them. Well, things aren't going to end so well. Sure you're getting more people in the short term, but in the long term if you fuck it up, you're risking your reputation and in a sense that's worse than having less supporters early on. More projects bring in the eyes of more people, more people mean more expectations. Lack of efficiency to meet those expectations will end in disappointment and the worst thing you can do as an early developer is fuck it up as soon as you start and build notoriety as someone who can't finish shit, then you lose out on support permanently from a lot of people as well as having word of your blunder spread to those who might be on the fence. In my opinion anyone just starting out shouldn't even bother trying to min max their followers and support. Should be focusing on learning the platform and putting out updates efficiently before considering trying to take on multiple projects and boost your follower count.
Now I have only 2 projects, that's not much. If you were my patron, you'd know that I made the game about Simpsons as an experiment, and patrons know about it. I release new versions ± every month and a half (it's very quick in comparison with lots of other projects.) The quality of my games is steadily increasing and is now at a considerably good level. I always create new versions within a given time frame and do my best to develop a good game. I guess it's all about stories that are unsuitable for the game, and now I'm trying to fix this.

@FutaBox I wasn't going to play your game either way, as i'm not into futa, but I can say that there's nothing that turns me away more from a Dev then someone who can't stick to a single project. Developing three projects at once when you've already admitted that your an amateur at this is absolutely silly. Hopefully you can take a step back and this and think if its really the right decision.
Now I'm developing 2 games, not 3. About everything else, you can read other my responses.

Is that game animated? I love futa but I had just regular old pictures :)
There is animation in the "Academy". "The shop of horrors" doesn't have it and probably won't.

Reactions: YuriiH and Roofus

Fantasticfish

Dec 21, 2017
Futabox you do you just try not go to the way of Futanari Quest where they turned a promising game into a saying a piece of crap would be generous and then they put that for sale actually wanting money for it as long as you give the people what you promised and all will be fine

florameriadoc

Jul 8, 2017
Public version - 0.3
you made a small mistake, this thread is about the shop of horrors, not futa in police academy, I don't know if you didn't upload the correct game on Mega, or posted it in the wrong thread, same creator, different games, I think the shop of horrors is a prequel to futa in police academy

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes