Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Hmm, Try loading the last save and just run through it till the end?
I'm not sure what file holds the unlocked scenes, I can try a couple things and get back to you.
I think he needs the persistent file. My understanding is that is where Renpy tracks what you've seen.

Reactions: Hordragg
Oct 31, 2017
Nice to be reminded of this game, and I'm glad to see it's still getting some love via a remaster. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go track down the original release, and I'll probably take a tour and grab all the other old Jap Eroges while they're still available. I mean, I don't keep that chunky old CRT around for its sparking personality. :geek:

(Yeaaaah, I'm one of those wierdos who enjoys the hoop jumping involved to get this stuff running)

mazul

Nov 28, 2018
I did include that in my save folder zip, maybe he didn't overwrite his? (That's what my testing showed too)
I know I'm a tad late to the party, but it won't unlock everything for me either. I've even went as far as replacing both the appdata saves and the ones in the game directory (including your persistent file naturally), and I still have tons of 'unknown' entries. :)

xtheif666x

Oct 25, 2017
Odd, once I swapped my appdata one, loaded my last save and played it through on my laptop then went back everything was unlocked.
I will try something else if I have time this week.

mazul

Nov 28, 2018
Odd, once I swapped my appdata one, loaded my last save and played it through on my laptop then went back everything was unlocked.
I will try something else if I have time this week.
It gets weirder :D

I thought I would just try to delete everything and reinstall the game for the hell of it, and this time around it did unlock everything. I have no idea why it didnt work the first time, maybe some weird interaction with my own saves ? lol

Reactions: xtheif666x

xtheif666x

Oct 25, 2017
It gets weirder :D

I thought I would just try to delete everything and reinstall the game for the hell of it, and this time around it did unlock everything. I have no idea why it didnt work the first time, maybe some weird interaction with my own saves ? lol
Very possible.
I only have the basics for how renpy works (for now).
Thank you for letting me know what worked for you!

GamingSavant

Jun 11, 2017
Is the ntr avoidable?
100% avoidable. There's a couple NTRish situations though that are unavoidable (groping) and another that's avoidable but optional to unlock which is forced-blowjob, and finally one where the girl is about to get raped before MC comes to the rescue. The full on NTR route only happens when you don't get on one of the main paths for the girls and thus pick the wrong choices getting there, and the route is extremely short with a comical ending.

Sometimes the routes where you think you're doing the right thing are actually what trigger threesome routes instead.

Reactions: Sandstorm 99

avientone

Jun 23, 2020
100% avoidable. There's a couple NTRish situations though that are unavoidable (groping) and another that's avoidable but optional to unlock which is forced-blowjob, and finally one where the girl is about to get raped before MC comes to the rescue. The full on NTR route only happens when you don't get on one of the main paths for the girls and thus pick the wrong choices getting there, and the route is extremely short with a comical ending.

Sometimes the routes where you think you're doing the right thing are actually what trigger threesome routes instead.
This is my favorite H-game of all time! I can't get the save to work either!!! I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy they remastered this. Which Sagara family exe should I use?

Last edited:

solidbones

Nov 24, 2020
follow these instructions if you tried using the full save but the extra scenes didn't work, and only got the saved games

you have to go to appdata/RenPy and delete the TheSagaraFamily folder (or change the folder name if you're nervous) and then copy the full save into your save game folder. You could also just delete or rename the RenPy folder.

I think the reason is, TheSagaraFamily folder in appdata/RenPy also contains the "persistence" file, and the game checks both "persistence" files, the one in appdata and the one in your game folder. And if the two files don't match, then it uses the most recent one (which is going to be your own file). So basically you need to get rid of the "persisitence" file in appdata, then you cna copy/paste the full save into your game folder.

This is true for all RenPy games. Like the recently remastered X-Change

Feb 27, 2017
follow these instructions if you tried using the full save but the extra scenes didn't work, and only got the saved games

you have to go to appdata/RenPy and delete the TheSagaraFamily folder (or change the folder name if you're nervous) and then copy the full save into your save game folder. You could also just delete or rename the RenPy folder.

I think the reason is, TheSagaraFamily folder in appdata/RenPy also contains the "persistence" file, and the game checks both "persistence" files, the one in appdata and the one in your game folder. And if the two files don't match, then it uses the most recent one (which is going to be your own file). So basically you need to get rid of the "persisitence" file in appdata, then you cna copy/paste the full save into your game folder.

This is true for all RenPy games. Like the recently remastered X-Change
Correct, Renpy overrides the persistent file in the game folder with the one in app data

so you need to delete the sagara folder in C:\Users\*YOUR USER NAME*\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\TheSagaraFamily-1611179156

xtheif666x

Oct 25, 2017
As said above,
My testing showed that going to %appdata% and renaming the \roaming\renpy\thesagarafamily folder will fix the saves. I will add to my original post.

4.00 star(s) 7 Votes