Gespammt

May 13, 2017
Hey Serpen, your art style is pretty cool, I like both styles. As you mentioned it feels kinda unique. I'm a great fan of foot stuff so I was interested since the first demo. Adding a scene at the very beginning for Zed sounds good. I thought till now that Alisya was the main protagonist, especially since I saw this scenes about the princess of zunuria.

What feels a bit weird is the fact that each decision, which is not a lewd one, we can do just ends in a game over or lets the story continue. I know it will make game developing much more time consuming to give each decision some kind of meaning. Its just something I noticed.

The plot with this whole society build upon mind control is pretty cool and feels rly like we are some rebellions á la star wars. ^^
Do you plan to make some officers/assasins/monsters that will try to mind control characters again or is it like matrix: once you know the truth their is no return?
looking forward for updates, keep it up :)

Reactions: Krull

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
The premise overall is interesting and pretty cool to me. Reminiscent of the Sunrider visual novels. :biggrin:
Several details that bothered me though, and I couldn't ignore (I'm unbearable, I know, my brain will corroborate :WutFace:):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Obviously, this is merely my personal taste. You have the creative freedom to do what you like.
I will still keep playing through The Princess of Zunuria regardless. Since the story is nice and Alisya, Kat, Luna and Dasha are hot. :coldsweat: Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cirro84 and Krull

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
Well after reading your spoiler, I have nothing against the story, and I like all the references it comes from, but I still feel you are using this story point to shove something you like (the cartoon style) into it. It's like a 50% valid justification. It's not like the cartoon style is the only logical way to go story-wise. You could replace cartoon style by anything basically : toxic gaz leaks from time to time, brutal changes within gravity, magic doesn't work in certain areas/at certain times... it's endless.

You know that people always try to shove everything they like in their 1st book, 1st movie or 1st game, and most of the time it's either a bit to much for the public, or too much work for the artist. So think about it.

And again, with 2 styles in the game, people will prefer one style over the other and thus you'll have people disapointed 50% of the time. For my personal taste, I prefer the "realistic" style, but for the cohesiveness (coherence ?) of the game and to avoid this "50% disapointed people" issue, I think it would be better to keep to only one style, even if cartoon wins in the end. After all, as I said both styles are solid, I just happen to like one more.

But maybe I'm not ambitious enough or believing enough in your talent and workflow, and you could a make an awesome game with both styles. Only the future will tell us.

Sorry to not be more helpful, but in the end the decision is yours.

Anyway just out of curiousity, which style is the quickest to make ? or do they both take around the same amount of time to do ?

Last edited:

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
I hear what you're saying. I mostly planned on the realistic style having more sex scenes. And the anime style for more story scenes.
Well seems like a good plan for me. I was thinking sex scenes would be divided in both styles equally, but I much prefer your option, because if cartoon is story then in my mind I can see it like a legend/fairy tale being told by whoever is the narrator, (like in one of the latest Zelda games) and it justifies having a different style even more than what you explained in your spoiler. You really thought this out well. If this was your plan all along and if the time making either style is roughly the same, I can say I'm totally fine with your vision now that I know more.

Just one thing : you should keep the possibility of surprise in your game. Do as you say, make sex scenes realistic style and keep cartoon for storytelling, but make a few exceptions to the rule once in a while. This way people won't always know "oh it's cartoon, so no sex" or the oppposite with realistic style. And it's important in my view to keep surprise and variety, especially in a visual novel which is not the most interactive game style.

Reactions: Serpensoldier

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
Well - I voted for both because - while it will box you in at times as to how the hell you can write yourself out of the hole you just got into - it is really intriguing as to where the story can go. I really like the concept, and have been a fan of the stories you mentioned and others in the same vein. Go for it! (Just don't burn out - keep something in the tank)...

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I'd prefer a developer do what they originally wanted to do or they end up making the game other people want not the game they wanted to make and they lose interest and it goes to shit.

Not everyone will like what you do, you can't please them all but if you end up changing something that was a big part of what you wanted to make then it's no longer your game.

Of course you want to add things you like into it, it's your game and if you aren't adding things you enjoy doing then what's the point of doing it?

You either have a plan on what you are going to do and you stick with it or you're making it up as you go along but if you start changing things based on what other people like then where is the artistic integrity and why should the rest of us take any interest?

We come here to see what a developer can give to us, if other people have different ideas they are free to dabble in making their own.

TL;DR you do you. Let other people worry about themselves and what they will like but don't change on account of anyone unless it's something you want to change.

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
I've been so busy, but finally found some time tonight to try this title out. I only finished the 1st chapter, but I really enjoyed it. It's such a breathe of fresh air in a sea of generic incest games. The girls are beautiful, but so was the troll and ... cat ... thing. Everything just looked great, but still felt 'light' so you weren't inclined to take it too seriously. The vocal effects were a tad goofy but not off-putting, and the music was perfect. If I had to complain about anything, it would be that sometimes the grammar/wording was so simplified that it felt like I was reading a children's book. But, hey, again, in a sea of games with broken english, I'm perfectly content with any correct english at all. I'll definitely keep an eye on this. Hopefully I can get to the 2nd part tomorrow.

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
You really, really shouldn't combine monologue and excessive exposition together. There are also countless lines like, "Oh no! The earthquake that's going to change all our lives is about to hit us!" that are absolutely cringy. Do rewrite them. Otherwise, the graphics are pretty to look at.

Rroarr

Oct 15, 2017
Nice game. I don't like the progression into the cartoon style. Few more earthquakes and we are looking at stick figures :)
Spoiler: end of next update stick-figure-gif-3.gif

Reactions: proximus

blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017
I got plenty of twists/suprises I have up my sleeve for the future :)
That's hands down my favorite thing about storytelling are when a story have big twists you never saw coming.

And it definitely won't be black and white as far as what will be cartoon and what reality... And I just figured it could lead to cool/creative situations for the characters. The idea of an alternate reality/world/dimension aka a cartoon world and also a "dark world" has always caught my interest... Projects like Matrix, the Neverending Story, Stranger Things, Dr Strange, Inception, Final Fantasy VI, Illusion of Gaia, etc all deal with these themes and I wanted to explore themes like that with the story...
i actually really like this idea quite a bit, and since reading this, will check out this game now. not going to lie, i tend to check out very few "new" games unless there's something stand out that catches my attention since most games (especially "fantasy" genre) are just copy paste clones with the built in fight system

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes