• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ahsl

Feb 22, 2022
Japan really loves that bullet hell game for some reason, it became an entire universe which is more often than not R-18. It's like all these after it, whether it's a music synthesizer, personified ships or medieval inspired characters hunting some grail or whatever.
Touhou also have a big fandom in the West. I discovered the franchise in 2009 and it already had a lot of Western fans at the time.

I legit thought she was gonna be a Flan (dessert in some spanish speaking countries) and i was intrigued, BUT SHES FLESH AND BONE. MY BONER IS GONE AND MY DAY IS RUINED, FUCK YOU AND ILL SEE YOU TOMORROW.
She is a ?
flandre.jpg

SpikeEye

Sep 17, 2017
I don't know about the rest of you, but Windows Defender tells me this game contains a Trojan virus. I had to use Firefox instead of Edge to find out, because the latter (rightfully)wouldn't let me download it. Naturally I deleted it after the scan.

It also doesn't matter from where I download it, I'm still getting virus-warnings.

Last edited:

SakuraKoi

Oct 22, 2020
Touhou also have a big fandom in the West. I discovered the franchise in 2009 and it already had a lot of Western fans at the time.
Personally I do determine the size of a fandom only by their 'works' visible outside their fandoms. Whether it's games belonging to the franchise or other content. Even if non-animated single fanart is the most common, it counts for the least just like text-only fanfics do. I'm not questioning any quality and merely point out what amounts to more publicity.

That's why I wouldn't call it that big or at least not bigger than the others. It is also imho simply caused by the effect where popularity increases popularity. Not simply because of 'peer pressure' or 'unintentional promotion' (any VN newcomer will of course first read the novels which vndb ranks highly, just how it is for anime and myanimelist &c) which of course also play a part but fans themselves being content, if they don't even make it. This work is after all but one case.

As another example, for how quality of something fan made and popularity does not mean visibility, would be that one Skyrim x Zelda mod which is, in terms of quality itself, leagues above its #2349/#2636 place (of around 70000, in the top 5% but will never be found by browsing unless searched for) and a labor of love which can be said to be one of the best Skyrim mods in terms of quantity*quality (countless items, dungeons, enemies, spells) without even alienating non-Zelda fans. It wasn't 'late to the party' either, it is just caused by what is the bane of 'fan-made cross-works'. The boon of course is more publicity.

Biyuri

Oct 9, 2022
Goddamn it! This is not the type of Touhou games I wanted!

*sighs and unzips .rar file*

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
This circle is always too damn wordy, but their games are great otherwise. Thanks for translating it.

dodob

May 10, 2017
So, why does this have the incest tag? It doesn't look like there's actual incest here, right? Or am I mistaken?

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes