VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes

rafaaa

Apr 8, 2022
Does the game has a lot of choices and does the choices matter for the game or its a linear path? How many girls will the game have?

Reactions: ktunga

boraxkarloff

Jan 25, 2018
Does the game has a lot of choices and does the choices matter for the game or its a linear path? How many girls will the game have?
A lot of choices but not difficult. I had to play through a couple of times to get all the achievments and gallery pictures.

Reactions: rafaaa

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
The story ... combines a modern world with fantasy elements like magic, magical creatures, and supernatural elements.
P'raps there might be tags for those things?

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Really liked this one. Nice amount of content for a first release and overall just enjoyable. Kaija is great, going to be sticking with her for my playthrough. Might try others another time, like Elea, but I really like Kaija. Story is interesting as well.

So yeah, nice work on this. Was really fun and intriguing. Excited to see what comes next. Best of luck and thanks! ;)

Reactions: MisterNephilim

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Ceolag, you might want to consider moving the field where save names are entered down just a bit. You do have a decent amount of vertical space, so it should look fine just shifted down a little.
1659642937700.png

Reactions: Before I Forget

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Hey guys,

Some answers here. I'll try to cover everything.

First: I added the planned tags. Of course planned as of now. Feel free to ask about others, maybe I still missed one or two.

Talking about tags we have the (in)famous throuple of tags: NTR, Incest, Harem.
NTR and Incest are out of the Window. Period. I'm not kink shaming or anything I just think they don't fit my story.
Harem: The main Love Interests (there will be 4, you met 3 of them in CH1) will be mutually exclusive at some point of the story. Aside from the main LIs there will be several side girls to... have fun with. You can chase as much (or none) of them as you want. They will be casual side flings.
I'm aware that this will scare people away from the game but I wanted to come clean as soon as possible. Better save your time now than in a few months.

Android/MacOS: I have neither the time (android) nor the hardware (Mac) to support these builds. I know it's easy to build the distributes, but actually testing and supporting them is on a whole other level. So sorry, at least I won't do them.

Choices: They will have an impact later on. In CH1 I didn't want "meaningful" choices regarding the main LI's. You're supposed to meet them, get to know them. I'm not a fan of "first release choices" that will exclude LI's in later releases. So beside achievements, you can't do "wrong" with the girls right now.
Regarding choices not related to LI's: There are 3 in CH1 that will have an impact later.

Hmmm this isn't Neil Gaiman
It's just coincidence. Actually Neverwhere is made up from "Nevernever" of the Dresden Files and "Elsewhere" of Alex Verus.

I wonder if choosing the first name of Allister would be a good choice for this game. :unsure:
Ha I need to implement an achievment for this. Allister Callister at your service. :ROFLMAO:

I got all the points for Kaija and didnt got the achivement.
Sorry for the trouble. This never happened in my tests and neither in the tests of my tester. I'll try to reproduce that.

Ceolag, you might want to consider moving the field where save names are entered down just a bit. You do have a decent amount of vertical space, so it should look fine just shifted down a little.
View attachment 1965450
Fuck. This happens when you test like "Does it work? XXX - Save - Awesome" :ROFLMAO:
Will fix it, thanks for the report.

A few words on my own behalf:
As you will have noticed I'm not a native speaker. I try to take my time and have as less errors as possible in my texts.
But there will be typos, grammar errors and weird translations for sure. Sorry in advance :)

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
I like that there's clarity with this project, games don't necessarily need incest or harem to be successful. And I think that this is a good approach. Reel them in with your story.

For that one guy that always post the same copy and paste comment on nearly every thread about NTR... it's really played out and annoying. I don't know if he's saying no when he really means "Yes, God yes", like that one guy that swears he hates gays but ends up banging them in his leisure time. It's just odd behavior, it's not my cup of tea either but the I refuse to go on every game thread and say: "Boy, oh boy I sure hope that there isn't any NTR here, I really hate it... I mean really... I just hate it so much." I get the picture already.

Back to the Dev, best of luck dude.

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
Great,quite long first release,dev. Like the suspense and girls. I just hope that the mystic and magic won't overtake 'normal' part of the game,especially relations with few interesting females...

Reactions: VOYEUR

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Ceolag this game is a nice piece of work. Till now i have just finished the, lets call it "Kaija path".
Loved the Captain America, Monthy Python and Crocodile Dundee references. something that you could put an ey on it are facial expressions, would me much better.
I can see that you had put much effort into the game, wish you best of luck for this game.

Howdy!

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
This my friends looks like the beginning of a long and beautiful friendship. Just me and Ceolag..... and the thousands of fans who haven't met him(or this story) yet. Enjoyed it from my first click.. and can't wait for more.

Kudos to you Ceolag.. keep on rocking it. Bookmarked and Reviewed.. :) two thumbs up!

Edit: First time I tried to Patreon a game and found the DEV had no Patreon listed.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Ceolag
4.40 star(s) 37 Votes