VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Good morning everyone,

First of all: Thanks for all the kind words. I really appreciate it (and constructive criticism like broken thumbs too :LOL:)

Patreon.
Some already noticed. There is none. I haven't fully decided if I ever set it up. If you want to support me, chat with me here or on discord, tell me your opinion on things, what you like or don't like. I'm fine with that.
If I ever set up a Patreon page (or any other financial support), it'll always be considered a 'tip jar' and not a 'pay me for my content'-thingy.

My advice would be to set up a Patreon with levels like 2, 6, 10, 20, 50... some want to give more and others just want to show appreciation but can't afford as much. The main thing I would say is.. if you don't absolutely need it.. don't beat it like a dead horse. :) or maybe put limits on how many can actually give at the top tier and toss them a special render for the support.. maybe names in the credits for the 20 spot.. Just a few off the cuff ideas.

Depending on how much time(longterm) you want to put into making games like this probably should be a factor.. One and done? Or enjoy making the Motley Crew happy as they devour your awesome work(s)?

Reactions: Crowangel

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
My advice would be to set up a Patreon with levels like 2, 6, 10, 20, 50... some want to give more and others just want to show appreciation but can't afford as much. The main thing I would say is.. if you don't absolutely need it.. don't beat it like a dead horse. :) or maybe put limits on how many can actually give at the top tier and toss them a special render for the support.. maybe names in the credits for the 20 spot.. Just a few off the cuff ideas.

Depending on how much time(longterm) you want to put into making games like this probably should be a factor.. One and done? Or enjoy making the Motley Crew happy as they devour your awesome work(s)?
Id only add tht making the minimum available too in UK pricing that would be £1 minimum.. you will find many are willing to donate the little amount and it still allows them to see most of the newsfeeds to keep up to date on progress.... You have a potential great title here so you may as well get funded, that way it enables you to put those funds back into assets in daz, renderosity, renderotica etc etc

Reactions: BarbarrossaNA

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Id only add tht making the minimum available too in UK pricing that would be £1 minimum.. you will find many are willing to donate the little amount and it still allows them to see most of the newsfeeds to keep up to date on progress.... You have a potential great title here so you may as well get funded, that way it enables you to put those funds back into assets in daz, renderosity, renderotica etc etc

Can't argue too much with that :) The only reason I went with a $2 min.. is with the $1 it's mostly eaten up with fees and Patreon's cut.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Can't argue too much with that :) The only reason I went with a $2 min.. is with the $1 it's mostly eaten up with fees and Patreon's cut.
yeah i had that issue on mine but not sure if the £ to $ equation would have the same rate.. either way its still support that can come in handy if he needs to save up for any assets.. plus seeing that recognition in the figures and numbers can also be a good motivator that your work is wanted and appreciated

Reactions: BarbarrossaNA

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Good evening guys,

again, thanks for all the kind words and the reviews. To be honest I hoped you like the game (of course) but didn't expect it to be so well received.
Regarding the Patreon topic: Thanks for your input. I'm aware of the things you're saying but there are reasons for not using it. I won't go into details in public though. One of the reasons is just plain the tax laws in my country.
I still appreciate your effort here. :)

Additional - Elea seems nice but unless you made her that way.. her face comes across a little harsh which offsets her style a bit.. love the eye makeup choice but as i said her jawline and Kaija just ever so slightly look harsh and sharp.. its your game and i do like it.. just maybe soften the edges a little on facial features like jawline and chin, cheekbones etc
Most of my girls have a real world inspiration. Means they have some facial features sculpted after someone. For Elea thats especially true for the chin and to some extend the jaw line and cheeks. So yeah, i made her that way :)

'On your left'........ a little foreshadowing hint there?
A reference to a scene of Captain America - The Winter Soldier when Cap meets Sam Wilson for the first time.

The phone call off mom while in the office gave me Matrix (Morpheus warning Neo to get out now) vibes :)
Not intended! But you're right... I guess some movies affect us even on a subconscious level...

Last edited:

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Good evening guys,

again, thanks for all the kind words and the reviews. To be honest I hoped you like the game (of course) but didn't expect it to be so well received.
Regarding the Patreon topic: Thanks for your input. I'm aware of the things you're saying but there are reasons for not using it. I won't go into details in public though. One of the reasons is just plain the tax laws in my country.
I still appreciate your effort here. :)

Most of my girls have a real world inspiration. Means they have some facial features sculpted after someone. For Elea thats especially true for the chin and to some extend the jaw line and cheeks. So yeah, i made her that way :)

A reference to a scene of Captain America - The First Avenger when Cap meets

Not intended! But you're right... I guess some movies affect us even on a subconscious level...
haha yeah id got the cpt america meets falcon ref and the matrix one.. i agree about movies influencing, when i write quite often its hard not to put some of my fav scenes and quotes i've loved from other films.. but if it invokes that feeling of familiarity in the reader thats a good thing

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Great game so far, liking it a lot and the girls are nice too but one complaint. Its not really a big deal I guess but still its odd. I cannot believe that the MC would ahve this relationship with Kaija and not recognize the tattoo on her hand when he sees the same tattoo on the hand at the bar when he meets Cianan. Its such a large specific tattoo on Kaijas hand there is no way the MC would not have immediately recognized it later on after being with her even a short amount of time.

Reactions: Illuminati00

incest lover m/s

Mar 27, 2022
because of the plot, I immediately imagined that the game would present an incest tag in future updates, but the developer's note discouraged me... I'll try another one and life goes on

• Angry
Reactions: Kipling

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
I don't see any similarities :p
(Of course that exact poster was the template for the render)
Hahaha that's cool, I immediately thought of Charlie's Angels from the menu but didn't realize it was an almost identical copy of Full Throttle until I looked on Google Images, I haven't even seen the movies. Great work so far though I really enjoyed what you have done so far :)
Seems pretty obvious that's completely intentional. Good catch.
Well obviously it's intentional, still found it kind of funny how it's nearly an exact copy. Even with the "2" hand gesture despite this VN not being a sequel to anything. Guess it could be a peace sign too though...

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Hey there,

Great game so far, liking it a lot and the girls are nice too but one complaint. Its not really a big deal I guess but still its odd. I cannot believe that the MC would ahve this relationship with Kaija and not recognize the tattoo on her hand when he sees the same tattoo on the hand at the bar when he meets Cianan. Its such a large specific tattoo on Kaijas hand there is no way the MC would not have immediately recognized it later on after being with her even a short amount of time.
Before that bar, MC just thought that tattoo is like all the others. After that scene, well there's usually something else going on and not really time to talk about tattoos.
MC hasn't forgotten about that tattoo, but saying anything more than that will be CH2 spoilers (it probably already is...).

No harem? Why you do tis to me? WHY?

=P

Im liking the story and Fiona is hot and cute as fuck... Im feeling bad we need to cheat on Katja to be with her
Because I'm a cruel person. :ROFLMAO:
I (personal opinion here!) don't think a flirt and a hug is cheating. It may depend on the situation.
I can see you point here, though. So let me say two things:
1. You won't need max points to be on any girls path. So if you feel uncomfortable hugging Fiona, don't do it. It won't throw you out of her path.
2. After the start of CH2 the "cheating" feeling won't be an issue anymore. Unless you choose to do so ;-)

Hahaha that's cool, I immediately thought of Charlie's Angels from the menu but didn't realize it was an almost identical copy of Full Throttle until I looked on Google Images, I haven't even seen the movies. Great work so far though I really enjoyed what you have done so far :)
I have to admit, I haven't seen Full Throttle too. Only the first one. But when I was thinking about what to do for the main menu and that I wanted to have the existing 3 LI in it, Charlie's Angels were pretty much the first thing that came to mind.
After a quick search I found that image and thought "That's perfect" :)

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
The Neverwhere Tales [v0.1.0] Unofficial Mac

Download: -

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:
or you can
Check out my

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Magic but no harem...sister without incest...not the best agruments to get me interested and the plot only shows the irrelevant 10 minutes before the real game begins o_O
Honestly, i need more info to decide if i could like the story. My HDD is almost full, so i dont want to download pure experiments.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Magic but no harem...sister without incest...not the best agruments to get me interested and the plot only shows the irrelevant 10 minutes before the real game begins o_O
Honestly, i need more info to decide if i could like the story. My HDD is almost full, so i dont want to download pure experiments.
and as there probably wont be lesbian/gay scenes as well, this game is hardly for you.
better keep your (full)hdd healthy and sound for the time being.

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Is there a mac version, or will there be a mac version in future updates
Hey,
I got approached by someone who offered testing on Mac. If all goes well there is a good chance I'll have a Mac version for 0.2.

In the meantime, thanks JokerLeader for the "unofficial" Mac version :)

• Red Heart
4.40 star(s) 37 Votes