• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch5_preview_69.png

Hey everyone,

another short week with little time to work on the game.
Although my progress is okay (to me at least) given the available time, it still sucks to see it going slower than the weeks before.
May is just full of holidays, family visits, and weekend trips which leave little time to work on the game and it's annoying me, to be honest.
I'm fully aware that I should enjoy the time off and I do.
But as soon as I get back to work and see the amount of work that still needs to get done it's kind of a bummer.

Anyway, be assured that I spend every single free minute on the game but we're still several weeks away from a potential release although the numbers might speak a different language.

Speaking of numbers (master of transition, I know), the numbers for this week:
70 new static renders for a total of 1564
331 new lines in the script file for a total of 4320

As you can see, quite a few new lines for the script file. Next week's work will be setting up the renders for those new lines.

Have a nice weekend, guys.

Cheers,
Ceolag

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 3620959

Hey everyone,

another short week with little time to work on the game.
Although my progress is okay (to me at least) given the available time, it still sucks to see it going slower than the weeks before.
May is just full of holidays, family visits, and weekend trips which leave little time to work on the game and it's annoying me, to be honest.
I'm fully aware that I should enjoy the time off and I do.
But as soon as I get back to work and see the amount of work that still needs to get done it's kind of a bummer.

Anyway, be assured that I spend every single free minute on the game but we're still several weeks away from a potential release although the numbers might speak a different language.

Speaking of numbers (master of transition, I know), the numbers for this week:
70 new static renders for a total of 1564
331 new lines in the script file for a total of 4320

As you can see, quite a few new lines for the script file. Next week's work will be setting up the renders for those new lines.

Have a nice weekend, guys.

Cheers,
Ceolag
May might be busy, but what matters is we still get our numbers! Ceolag is currently averaging roughly 85 static renders, 2.0 animations and 234 lines per week since work on Chapter 54 officially began. Here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
We still seem to be making fairly steady progress even with the perils of May. As far as how much is left to do, I don't think the numbers tell much of a story one way or the other. We've reached the totals set by our benchmark chapters, but that doesn't really tell us how big this chapter will be. It seems like Chapter 5 will be big by historical standards, but the game is still new enough that history is pretty short. Plus, this is a significant chapter that needs to cover a lot of ground, so it's not surprising that it might be on the large side.

Hopefully we'll have a better gauge on where the finish line is in the coming weeks.

• Red Heart
Reactions: tslojr and Ceolag
4.40 star(s) 37 Votes