VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes

xapican

Conversation Conqueror
May 11, 2020
Too bad it's such a small render...:LOL:

She's carrying the anthropomorphic blade that was also recovered. I was suspecting she's from a VERY OLD Celtic family and when she left "a few years ago", she meant "centuries". ;)

As noted in my other comment - the grip is too big and the blade too long to be accurate to what it's modeled upon. If they reduced the asset to only 50%-60% (spitballing), it would be much more plausible.
Yeah, I'm happy that we now have the a bit of an excuse to talk about swords and sword fighting along with some historical facts, and after all Ceo is closer to what it was historically as some other good VN involving these kind of weapons, plus he has some nice "Assets" as well, By the way what kind of swords had the Elven soldiers did you see them by any chance ?
Edit: check his Discord under Art I'm shure that a man of culture like you will enjoy it. ;)

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Yeah, I'm happy that we now have the a bit of an excuse to talk about swords and sword fighting along with some historical facts, and after all Ceo is closer to what it was historically as some other good VN involving these kind of weapons, plus he has some nice "Assets" as well, By the way what kind of swords had the Elven soldiers did you see them by any chance ?
Edit: check his Discord under Art I'm shure that a man of culture like you will enjoy it. ;)
Didn't notice anything in particular. Unfortunately, Linnea was carrying something that reminded me of a "commemorative" (i.e., non-functional) piece, and William's appeared to be based on the Conan sword, but was hard to tell. Nothing historic about Conan...

While mom's katana is a nice weapon, tamahagane is shit steel (comparatively speaking) and has a bad time against opponents hardened armors - they were mostly used on peasants, so not a big deal there. ;) Because they were made from iron sands, they tended to be brittle (again, comparatively speaking) so, unlike many Euro and MiddleEastern swords made with better ores, didn't work as well as impact weapons. I'm not saying they're useless weapons, but mom was right - the fighting style has to be entirely different due to the limitations of the steel type, as well as shape of the blade, single-edge, etc.

And the whole "back scabbard" thing - not really practical. It looks cool, but only really works well with shorter blades, and you wouldn't carry a bastard, or even most Medieval single-handed European swords, that way - just very difficult to draw quickly.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: xapican

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Finally caught up. A couple of parting observations:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And, finally:

With the possible exception of Dark Silence, I think all of you Kaija haters are just salty old misogynists pissed that a woman would dare do to "you" what "you" would have done to her if the roles were reversed. :ROFLMAO:

And I was expecting it to be revealed that maybe the Templars ran brothels in Neverwhere or murdered babies or engaged in the slave trade, but, no - they just kept secrets and maybe didn't provide special protection to a celebrity here and there that started blabbing about Neverwhere, so other bad actors caused them to have "accidents".

Granted, William is a bit of an asshole, but most "Williams" and "Bills" I've heard of in politics and industry are also degenerate assholes, so no big surprise.

Maybe y'all are just the type that would go into "journalism" - not to get to the truth, per se, but to make sure no one had any secrets from YOU, and you'd make it your life's work to punish them if they did. :LOL:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
And, finally:

With the possible exception of Dark Silence, I think all of you Kaija haters are just salty old misogynists pissed that a woman would dare do to "you" what "you" would have done to her if the roles were reversed. :ROFLMAO:

And I was expecting it to be revealed that maybe the Templars ran brothels in Neverwhere or murdered babies or engaged in the slave trade, but, no - they just kept secrets and maybe didn't provide special protection to a celebrity here and there that started blabbing about Neverwhere, so other bad actors caused them to have "accidents".

Granted, William is a bit of an asshole, but most "Williams" and "Bills" I've heard of in politics and industry are also degenerate assholes, so no big surprise.

Maybe y'all are just the type that would go into "journalism" - not to get to the truth, per se, but to make sure no one had any secrets from YOU, and you'd make it your life's work to punish them if they did. :LOL:
Yes another Kaija fan, as a fellow member of the pro Kaija movement I say welcome aboard

Grumpy Old Aussie

May 6, 2023
And, finally:

Hmmm am I a misogynist? My wife things that's funny. I can't repeat what she said to that idea. Joshy and Dessolos might get corrupted. :ROFLMAO: To think, she kisses me with that mouth!

Would I become a journalist? Nope. I'm too old for life long vendettas and they are pointless anyway, they just destroy people from the inside. People are welcome to have whatever secrets they like, just not my wife if she wants to be in a serious relationship with me. She feels exactly the same way so its a two way street in our relationship. Secrets always come out and they always destroy relationships one way or another. It was also secrets that destroyed both our first marriages. So I could be a bit ultra sensitive when it comes to secrets between people in a relationship. ;)

I may have told some porkies to get a few women in to bed but outright deception that can destroy someone's life, nope. That is my ex-wife's and Kaija's domain.

So I think your assumptions about the "Kaija sucks brigade" are incorrect, certainly in my case.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Maviarab

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Hmmm am I a misogynist? My wife things that's funny. I can't repeat what she said to that idea. Joshy and Dessolos might get corrupted. :ROFLMAO: To think, she kisses me with that mouth!

Would I become a journalist? Nope. I'm too old for life long vendettas and they are pointless anyway, they just destroy people from the inside. People are welcome to have whatever secrets they like, just not my wife if she wants to be in a serious relationship with me. She feels exactly the same way so its a two way street in our relationship. Secrets always come out and they always destroy relationships one way or another. It was also secrets that destroyed both our first marriages. So I could be a bit ultra sensitive when it comes to secrets between people in a relationship. ;)

I may have told some porkies to get a few women in to bed but outright deception that can destroy someone's life, nope. That is my ex-wife's and Kaija's domain.

So I think your assumptions about the "Kaija sucks brigade" are incorrect, certainly in my case.
Granted - my analysis does assume you'd be willing to join a cause greater than yourself to begin with. Those that would be unwilling to join an organization such as the Templars wouldn't be in the position. Then again, most men will get really bent about being lied to while thinking little of it the other way around - just open your eyes to the world around you if you don't believe that.

xapican

Conversation Conqueror
May 11, 2020
Well, GOA, that is just the point, there is no secret anymore, the cat came out of the box, as Kaija, put her ovaries together and told the truth in chapter 2.
Also to take in consideration, is that the "Relationship, is not so long, only about 1 a half year, as couple, there was a long friendship before, yes, but that alone is not a reason to spill all secrets, plus there are things, that she had to keep secret due to the oath she swore as she joined the Knight Templar order.
Anyway the much darker secret is kept by MC's father and Hilda his mother.
I can completely understand that you and your wife IRL don't have secrets from each other, as do I with my queen of heart, we even are to some point "ruthless" sincere and open towards each other, (what with our temper is..let's say not boring at all :ROFLMAO: )
to get to this level in the VN MC and Kaija have to grow together so to speak and make their "marital contract"
Edit: ThorinKing MC has really no other option, as to dance to the music of the events unfolding in both world, plus his sister is sucked in as well,

Last edited:
Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Grumpy Old Aussie

May 6, 2023
Well, GOA, that is just the point, there is no secret anymore, the cat came out of the box, as Kaija, put her ovaries together and told the truth in chapter 2.
Also to take in consideration, is that the "Relationship, is not so long, only about 1 a half year, as couple, there was a long friendship before, yes, but that alone is not a reason to spill all secrets, plus there are things, that she had to keep secret due to the oath she swore as she joined the Knight Templar order.
Anyway the much darker secret is kept by MC's father and Hilda his mother.
I can completely understand that you and your wife IRL don't have secrets from each other, as do I with my queen of heart, we even are to some point "ruthless" sincere and open towards each other, (what with our temper is..let's say not boring at all :ROFLMAO: )
to get to this level in the VN MC and Kaija have to grow together so to speak and make their "marital contract"
Edit: ThorinKing MC has really no other option, as to dance to the music of the events unfolding in both world, plus his sister is sucked in as well,
I agree for the most part. My wife and I brought up secrets soon after we moved in together. We spilled our secrets while we were living together before we were married. Neither of us went in to marriage with secrets. It was very difficult, more so for her than me. We both wanted to go in to it eyes open. The time for secrets is before marriage not after it. I know that is an ideal and life is not that black and white.

The fact remains Kaija should never have moved in with the MC if she wasn't serious about the relation or prepared to give up her secrets. She let him waste the prime of his life on her.

That of course makes the parents even more despicable knowing their son was in a dead end relationship, that his girlfriend was not what she seemed, and they supported it. Damn, Deja Vu moment.

Granted - my analysis does assume you'd be willing to join a cause greater than yourself to begin with. Those that would be unwilling to join an organization such as the Templars wouldn't be in the position. Then again, most men will get really bent about being lied to while thinking little of it the other way around - just open your eyes to the world around you if you don't believe that.
Your analysis isn't completely off. I have certainly joined my share of causes when I was healthier. I just have trouble with "most men". I'm not sure most men would but plenty would yes. By the same token, their are plenty of women who do the same thing as well. If I had a coin for every time I have heard a woman say over the years, that she wants an honest man, while she lies and cheats her way through another relationship, I'd be rich.

Thankfully not every woman is the same or I'd be living the lonely old life of a hermit instead of being married to one of the most awesome women I've ever met. I do get your point though and its a fair point. Sorry if I'm being a bit grumpy.

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Btw did anything happen with this character
she kinda dipped after this and we never really saw her again...

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
With the possible exception of @Dark Silence, I think all of you Kaija haters are just salty old misogynists pissed that a woman would dare do to "you" what "you" would have done to her if the roles were reversed. :ROFLMAO:
Not sure how to take this. I'm on my first cup of coffee, so, that's probably why. I really tried to stick with Kaija, but, by the end, I had to restart and play the game differently. You came in after the (I hesitate to call it this)partial rewrite of this. Ceolag added in stuff. The whole childhood segment was added after the fact. Ceo I think was desperate to make things more cohesive. However, for a few of us, it made us feel more at odds with her.

Someone here accused me of goin by personal experience and not MC experience, which isn't totally inaccurate. I'm old, have a lot of life experience, as most of us old fogey's do, but, despite that, I still tried to stay on Kaija's path. There's two things that are hard to look past for me:

1. Lyin
2. Cheatin

In this story only lyin comes into play. Not just Kaija, but the parents also. I don't even care about their reasonin at this point. I just want rid of all of them. People can say they only did it to protect the MC and his sister and I get that. But an entire lifetime of lies? Is just unforgiveable in my opinion. Key words in that sentence: "My opinion." I'm not tryin to shit on anyone else's opinions either.

Anyway, sorry for the book.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022
With the possible exception of @Dark Silence, I think all of you Kaija haters are just salty old misogynists pissed that a woman would dare do to "you" what "you" would have done to her if the roles were reversed. :ROFLMAO:
Really? You gonna tag us misogynist because we don't accept to get lied, how woke of you.

weeell... how do we know she didn't fuck someone on the job? She certainly wouldn't tell us if that ever happened, and we know where her loyalties are.
Would not be surprising but that is insignificant compare to what she did, so I would not even care about it at that point. IMO, deal breaker part of cheating is the lying part and she already did that much bigger scale, so fucking someone else would be piss in the ocean.

Reactions: Elduriel

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Really? You gonna tag us misogynist because we don't accept to get lied, how woke of you.
Bless your heart! I'm probably the least woke person here, and I'm pointing out that the standard male would "understand" the situation if the roles were reversed - he'd see the need to protect the mission and the person without putting the person in additional danger, but would get royally pissed about the lies because it is the woman lying, not the man - it is an affront to his "manhood" that she has the audacity to "protect" him from the truth or to not turn his world upside down unnecessarily. He's the man! Why does he need to be protected, by, by, by A WOMAN! Makes the macho dude shrivel up and retract.

Reactions: znerun and xapican
Oct 10, 2022
Bless your heart! I'm probably the least woke person here, and I'm pointing out that the standard male would "understand" the situation if the roles were reversed - he'd see the need to protect the mission and the person without putting the person in additional danger, but would get royally pissed about the lies because it is the woman lying, not the man - it is an affront to his "manhood" that she has the audacity to "protect" him from the truth or to not turn his world upside down unnecessarily. He's the man! Why does he need to be protected, by, by, by A WOMAN! Makes the macho dude shrivel up and retract.
I can't talk for everyone's stand but let me assure you it's definitely not the reason for me. As far as I am aware MC's father is a male and I am crossed with him as much as Kaija if not more, also mother too. I don't fucking caring about their mission or organisation, if they wanna protect it they can do it away from MC's life. The minute they involved him, the minute they deserved all the shit.

And you just assume something and said you are all misogynist to group of people without even care what they really think, I think you are not far away from woke culture as much as you think.

And thanks for the blessing, likewise. ;)

Grumpy Old Aussie

May 6, 2023
Its not something I thought about to be honest. My issue is not about Kaija's capability, or her gender, its about her motivations and actions. Your chasing a path and an attitude that doesn't exist with me at least. I can't speak for others.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I mean im Kaija fan but I do agree with the people that dislike Kaija too. The Kaija haters have a valid reason to dislike her the minute she became our girlfriend even a small lie can sour a relationship depending on the person. The difference between them and me why I like Kaija is simply my personality and im a very understanding and forgiving person without those traits any normal person would probably not like Kaija and move onto a different LI tbh.

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes