r0ckh0und

May 8, 2017
I see this sort of theme oft repeated on this forum: "Oh, you don't pay for any of these games; therefore, you have no right to complain or criticize." But I'd argue that such complaining and criticism should be valuable to the creator. And many of the complaints or criticisms are valid, despite whether the speakers paid for the game.
It's the way one complains that makes the differece. In this case and on many others people complain without going into details and without considering the changelog.
They complain mostly poor, not going into details, using only a one path save file, not taking into account that there might also other paths and above all without any reason they act even aggressive.
Here dev admitted it took him a long time to update but also told us the reason why,
Then there comes one smartass who claims to know better and throws a brainless complain about the update and Saint Blackmoor did what had to be done imo.

ddfunlol

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 28, 2017
Dude137 I didn't want to write here any more, but I do.
You're totally off topic !
This message was intended for someone who lies, gives fake news etc...
People may not like my games, that's normal and that's life (y)
But lying and saying stupid things as big as his/her is giving a bad image of me based on lies.

If you want to give your opinion on a game to the develloper, you need to learn the definition of the word "review" and how to use it!

Saint Blackmoor was able to criticise my game and what was wrong with it, using the right phrases and with respect!
Nothing to complain about (y)
He is not the only one and I thank those who put things in the right order!
So yes, I support him!

Adviar5050

Aug 11, 2020
Dude137 I didn't want to write here any more, but I do.
You're totally off topic !
This message was intended for someone who lies, gives fake news etc...
People may not like my games, that's normal and that's life (y)
But lying and saying stupid things as big as his/her is giving a bad image of me based on lies.

If you want to give your opinion on a game to the develloper, you need to learn the definition of the word "review" and how to use it!

Saint Blackmoor was able to criticise my game and what was wrong with it, using the right phrases and with respect!
Nothing to complain about (y)
He is not the only one and I thank those who put things in the right order!
So yes, I support him!
Gotta say I came across your game a while back and I love it. One of the best games out there. Wife is hot, scenes are hot and I like the story. By any chance have you considered offering an android version? I know Estrada does one but I only support on patreon developers who offer the game in android. Just asking. Keep up the great work and hope this game continues to get updated regularly.

Reactions: ddfunlol

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
What can I say? That ddfunlol and r0ckh0und haven't already. It's how the criticism is stated. And since it's put down in words, that's all we can go by.
Sadly, there are those who just don't get it.
Here are two words to live by. React & Respond. It seems that in today's world, "react" is the norm. But "respond" works better in the long run.
React is a needed basic instinct and should be used when necessary.
Respond is a controlled action. Control is the keyword. Think about the big picture and how your response will affect you and others.

EnterYourNameHere He has a right to judge and bitch, but he needs to know he will be judged in return.
Dude137 That's a weak argument.

Last edited:

Dude137

Jan 20, 2019
It's the way one complains that makes the differece. In this case and on many others people complain without going into details and without considering the changelog.
They complain mostly poor, not going into details, using only a one path save file, not taking into account that there might also other paths and above all without any reason they act even aggressive.
Here dev admitted it took him a long time to update but also told us the reason why,
Then there comes one smartass who claims to know better and throws a brainless complain about the update and Saint Blackmoor did what had to be done imo.
I actually agree entirely with you. "Complaining" and "criticism," in my opinion, are at ends of a spectrum. Yes, complaining is more like whining about something, without much detail and without the right sort of magnifying glass. Criticism is more objective and should go into finer details about what works well and poorly in a given product.

So your post seems to me, at least initially, about complaining/criticizing responsibly. Except you defend Blackmoor when he does the opposite. All Blackmoor does is tell the guy to shut up and stop bitching because the first guy didn't pay for the game. That doesn't help anything. All you get is one guy bitching about another guy bitching. Instead of saying something like, "Well, actually, this is a solid update and should set the stage for awesome stuff later, and here's why . . ." he just tells the guy to shut up. Yeah, sure, the first guy is ultimately responsible for his ignorance, but he's not going to be enlightened with basic insults. If you want to rep the positive aspects of a game . . . you have to espouse the positive aspects, not resort to insulting an ignorant consumer.

But my response wasn't meant to criticize Blackmoor directly, nor was it to condone the disrespect blatant in the first guy's comment; it was meant to point out that I think such reviews from nonpaying people do have value, when taken cumulatively, for discerning creators--if the developer is willing to look past the rudeness.

For example, take the general complaint already floating around this thread over the recent update, the very same that inspired this discussion: "This update shouldn't have taken this long . . . like what's new?" Several things might be gleaned from this bland, simple-minded criticism, which is oft repeated for most of these games on this site. Here's my take on what I see with this sort of comment:

A) In general, most people are not going to judge a work/update by the blood, sweat, and tears that went into an update. They are going to judge it by the pleasure they derive from it.

B) The longer the time between updates, the more people expect better quality and more content.

C) People seem to be more accepting of longer development times if a couple of banging scenes are present in the update.

D) The more people like your game, the more frustrated they'll get at longer production times and lack of content.

In my opinion, DDfun failed in relation to topic C. Yes, he worked hard to overhaul the game . . . but what content did he add with what time he had? A long-winded, humorous narrative with little sexual content. That was his choice. His strengths, I'd argue, are his willingness to dive into full-on sex scenes with little preamble (how many other games have we all played where it's rubbing and teasing update after update, for years on end?) and his UNIQUE poses--that is, the poses of his characters in his animations are crazy hot and one-of-a-kind. Instead, the content for this update was geared mostly toward that long-winded story. In short, he did not play to his strengths in this one, for the content that was there.

I'd argue that if DDfun had added at least a superb scene or two with the depth and quality of the animations he has earlier in the game, a lot less people would be complaining about the longer update time. But this is my point of view. The whole balancing act between production times and providing engaging content for players is probably hard to handle. But my point is that if more and more idiots start complaining, in poor language, about the production time and content in an update, it might behoove the creator to look past that rudeness at the deeper problem. The developer may have a balancing problem.

This is a long-winded response, but I'll once more reiterate my point: even harshly and simply worded reviews, when repeated frequently and taken cumulatively, might hold some insight for the keen developer. And, by extension, reviews given by nonpaying people. Again, I am not condoning being rude or insulting in reviews, but nor would I call those people bitches and simply tell them to shut up.

Last edited:

Dude137

Jan 20, 2019
What can I say? That ddfunlol and r0ckh0und haven't already. It's how the criticism is stated. And since it's put down in words, that's all we can go by.
Sadly, there are those who just don't get it.
Here are two words to live by. React & Respond. It seems that in today's world, "react" is the norm. But "respond" works better in the long run.
React is a needed basic instinct and should be used when necessary.
Respond is a controlled action. Control is the keyword. Think about the big picture and how your response will affect you and others.
If you are, deep down, a soulless person, my heart goes out to you.

EnterYourNameHere He has a right to judge and bitch, but he needs to know he will be judged in return.
Dude137 That's a weak argument.
Then I suggest you take your own advice. You "reacted" reflexively to the guy above by insulting him. You made no objective points about the positive aspects of this update. You also call my argument "weak" without providing any counterargument. By definition, your comment is weak. I actually substantiate my point of view.

You also say, "Think about the big picture." That's what I was trying to do.

You also say this: "Think about the big picture and how your response will affect you and others." Then after that, you say, "If you are, deep down, a soulless person, my heart goes out to you." What? Is that geared toward me? In the first comment, you're talking about taking the high road, but then immediately follow it with a passive aggressive/hypocritical comment.

Adviar5050

Aug 11, 2020
just speaking for myself, if I'm a developer I wouldn't care what somebody says. Most people when they get frustrated or don't like a game just stop playing it. Those that take the time to even say "I hate this game." are really saying "give me a reason to stay." At least they took the time to comment rather than just stop playing.

Mar 18, 2019
Since the lesbian path has been removed is there any lesbian content left in the game?

This has been on my list because of the PATH option, so since it's gone now I'm removing it, but I know how hard it is to find games with that and how bad the tag is for those purposes. So that's why I am asking, if there is no longer any lesbian content we can get the tag removed to clean it up a bit.

• Angry
Reactions: lkjhgfdfghjkl

ddfunlol

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 28, 2017
Since the lesbian path has been removed is there any lesbian content left in the game?

This has been on my list because of the PATH option, so since it's gone now I'm removing it, but I know how hard it is to find games with that and how bad the tag is for those purposes. So that's why I am asking, if there is no longer any lesbian content we can get the tag removed to clean it up a bit.
The lesbian route has not been removed and will not be.
Just play the game to see that the path is always available!
Another fake new or I don't know what...

I had a problem with Daz studio last summer.
Almost all the hair on the female characters crashed the software
---- >
This bug was already present in 4.21 and not only in 4.22.
Report this problem in August with a screenshot on my discord to indicate that the update will be late.
----->
At the end of August/September, I found a temporary but not permanent solution!
Not enough to get back on the lesbian road
Today I've solved the problem and everything's working fine

There's always a good reason for delays, and I always say and show why !
SN and NCSM, here the reason :
---- >
Problem solved.

No games are abandoned !

4.20 star(s) 19 Votes