Unity Onhold The Merits of Lust [v0.4.5 Public] [laxlenon]

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes
May 9, 2021
I want to ask, do I get to eventually get to play with all the power in future update? or it's like a skill path where I can only upgrade it and I wont get the other unless I do a different playthrough?

The game is lovely btw :D spamming dash is fun
I'm glad you're enjoying it.
To answer your question, you can upgrade your powers 8 times and each power has 4 levels. Meaning you can max out two powers, or upgrade all of them twice, or some other combination.

• Love
Reactions: Gremory152

Dementor_ene

Dec 6, 2020
The game is very intriguing. But seriously? A white font with no stroke or backing? Did the developer run the final product himself and try to read the text? Especially with the MC in the background. But other than that, the game is good. Nice pixel graphics and 2D graphics. The plot is also cool.

RosesInBlue

Mar 4, 2018
The game is very intriguing. But seriously? A white font with no stroke or backing? Did the developer run the final product himself and try to read the text? Especially with the MC in the background. But other than that, the game is good. Nice pixel graphics and 2D graphics. The plot is also cool.
There are options for text outline and dialogue window opacity. You can question why laxlenon chose 0 opacity as the default, but the options are there front and center on the start screen and the Esc menu.

Reactions: Dementor_ene

EAF961

Jun 6, 2021
Not sure if it's been mentioned here yet, but i figure i should let you know. I had a bug where i was on the quest to fetch the blue flower for neighbour/aunt and when i went to the cave to the east of town i tried interacting with the blue crystal thing and the game locked up with the dialogue "I just realised i have something to do neighbor anne. I'll talk to you later okay?"

Can't do anything except close the game or return to the menu.

Great game though so far. Can't wait for some new content.

May 9, 2021
There are options for text outline and dialogue window opacity. You can question why laxlenon chose 0 opacity as the default, but the options are there front and center on the start screen and the Esc menu.
It's not intentionally 0%, I apologize for that. I still haven't figured out how to change the default.

Not sure if it's been mentioned here yet, but i figure i should let you know. I had a bug where i was on the quest to fetch the blue flower for neighbour/aunt and when i went to the cave to the east of town i tried interacting with the blue crystal thing and the game locked up with the dialogue "I just realised i have something to do neighbor anne. I'll talk to you later okay?"

Can't do anything except close the game or return to the menu.

Great game though so far. Can't wait for some new content.
Thanks for the report. I'll look into it.

Reactions: RosesInBlue

scarletabyss

Jun 7, 2020
Good game so far, really enjoy the hint feature so I don't ever feel like I'm lost. Does anyone know of similar games?

AlexNipal

Nov 10, 2019
Nice game! I completed the prologue (getting Dash) and the first quest with Anna (peat) but after that I couldn't find any way to progress. I discovered multiple interactable elements but couldn't find the quest that needed them.

After reading the changelog it looks like there might be some more content that I couldn't find. I could not get one of the four Powers that are mentioned in the changelog. I am playing version 0.3.0.

The game was great. The platforming was easy, the combat was surprisingly challenging without being too difficult nor grindy. It felt like the monsters don't do contact damage and only hurt you if they have spotted you; they don't hurt you if you jump from a hill onto them. My biggest complaint is that I spent a lot of time running around talking to everyone trying to find new content. My only other complaint is that you need to run all the way to the bed to skip some time. It would be nice to have a couple of spots where you can pass time during the day and fast-travel to sleep during the night.

May 9, 2021
Nice game! I completed the prologue (getting Dash) and the first quest with Anna (peat) but after that I couldn't find any way to progress. I discovered multiple interactable elements but couldn't find the quest that needed them.

After reading the changelog it looks like there might be some more content that I couldn't find. I could not get one of the four Powers that are mentioned in the changelog. I am playing version 0.3.0.

The game was great. The platforming was easy, the combat was surprisingly challenging without being too difficult nor grindy. It felt like the monsters don't do contact damage and only hurt you if they have spotted you; they don't hurt you if you jump from a hill onto them. My biggest complaint is that I spent a lot of time running around talking to everyone trying to find new content. My only other complaint is that you need to run all the way to the bed to skip some time. It would be nice to have a couple of spots where you can pass time during the day and fast-travel to sleep during the night.
Be sure to use the hint screen if you get stuck. You can find the binding for it in the options.
Also, I'm glad you're liking it so far. I do have plans for some fast-travel, probably between the various signs you can find, and I like the idea of fast traveling to your room at night, so I could add that as an option as well.

Reactions: AlexNipal

xlash

Nov 29, 2018
The H-scene after the bathroom cleaning gave me a white screen and I lost everything. I'd have to restart, but after that, it kind of killed it for me.
Did you happen to be skipping the text too fast. It's a common occurrence with all scenes.

Oct 5, 2019
The H-scene after the bathroom cleaning gave me a white screen and I lost everything. I'd have to restart, but after that, it kind of killed it for me.
Same happened to me. I also stopped playing, assumed it was the end. I'll keep going now that update is here.

VySaika

Donor
Feb 5, 2018
So I gave this a try, and it looks like it has some potential.

The Good
Movement is really smooth, jumping and sliding around is a lot of fun~
The combat is very basic right now, but I can see where the potential is being set up for it getting more complex and entertaining down the road.
The concept plays well to my tastes. There's these natural talents out there in the world, your character just happens to be one of them.
Good character designs~

Wishlist
The walking noises are aggravating. I would love to be able to turn off that specifically without turning off ALL sound effects(like, I want the audio cues for attacks and such!)
Basically having to just spam Rest in his room to get to the next time period for the event is...offputting. This will partially be alleviated when there's more content, ofc(can talk to one person in the day, another in the evening, etc), but I'd also like to see other spots around town or the surrounding area to do a Pass Time event. Sword practice, hang out at the bar/lake/wherever, etc. Something to ensure it's not just a series of "Do Thing -> return to room" as the entire game. If this is already planned, then great!

I'll probably wait a few updates before poking at this again(just how I do things, really), but so far this is going right on my "Keep Tabs On This One" list~ Good job!

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Bow2WildChicken

Dec 7, 2017
I'm not entirely sure why, but I haven't been able to get this game to boot. It pops up the screen and crashes about a second later. Any ideas? I'm on windows 10 and this is the only unity game I have ever had an issue with. (Happened this update and the prior update)

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes