Unity - Onhold - The Merits of Lust [v0.4.5 Public] [laxlenon]

1. 5.00 star(s)

petekaen

slowly-developed game, but the "teaser" that we got here promises to be interesting. With right development it can achieve much. Great graphics with good style in it, good storyline, combat simple but not boring... This game is in "alfa" but the basics are well-done.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

EdgeOfShadow

First of all, if you are interested in trying out this game, wait a bit more, as of v0.4.5 there is not enough content.
    Pros:
    - greaat pixelart
    - great art (portraits)
    - nice character design
    - no grind
    - ok-ish writing and basic concept
    Cons:
    - the combat can be annoying (but you have to fight like 4-5 monsters in total through whole current content, do yourself a favor and just dash past them)
    - art during sex scenes is in a completely different league than character portraits, to the point that i would like to unsee the current final scene with Anne (first sex scene, just try not looking at her back)
    - not really a con, the intro feels slow, but after that you can dash and teleport so don't worry about it
    - as someone else pointed out, progressing with the girls is way too fast

- writing is passable

Overall as of v0.4.5, it's a nice base on which the devs can easily build more content, and i'm sure it will get much better, but right now it's not there yet.
    I just wish the sex art was of similar quality to the portraits... it was such a turnoff that i really had to convince myself not to rate it 2-3/5 just because of it, or even just remove it and use pixelart instead, please, it hits even harder compared to the rest of the game, which is beautiful.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Jimmy Two Times

The Merits of Lust (0.4.5 Public) is a 2D fantasy platformer with adult content that has alot of potential and does quite a good job with what it has to offer for now. Story is about a young man who lives in a small quiet town who finds himself troubled with weird dreams that drains his entire energy and tires him each night. One faithful day after a semi serious accident, he learns that within him lies great power to be unlocked, but of course, with a catch. I'll let you figure out what it is. Town residents, including his family members are there to help our hero grow his powers. But nothing is for free or without an effort. Without further due, i will list pros and cons down below. Keep in mind that this game is still under development and my opinion on it is very VERY subjective.

Pros.
    + Great pixel art.
    + Delicious incest.
    + Scenes and characters are well drawn.
    + Responsive move and ability controls.
    + Character powers are not over the top, well suited and doesn't make you a god right off the bat.
    + Quests are enjoyable and game has the best hint system ever.

Cons.
    - Breast size on some characters are out of this world. I know this is not a popular opinion in here but would have been better to have them on moderation. At least for me.
    - Bugs that breaks the game. Save often and apart.
    - Although 2D platformer with an adult game like this is quite rare, story is not so much of a wow'er. You don't really need a killer story for games like this but still, a game this good you kinda wish it had.
    - I'm sure the arc will be revised again in future, but i kinda felt like your close relatives are a bit too eager to jump on the "gun".

That's it. For me, The Merits of Lust is an enjoyable platformer that brings out a breath of fresh air. I truly belive that this game will be worthy of your time if you are into the tagged kinks. I hope my ramblings and subjective point of view put some ideas on your head about what kinda game this is. Enjoy!
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Mister Boombastic

A promising start. For [v0.2.0] there's around 15 minutes of gameplay, some light teasing and one lewd scene.

Positive (y)
    • The art is beautiful, unique and sexy. The female characters look pretty hot (but their body types are very similar).
    • Gameplay is smooth. It's a platformer game with pixel art, and for the cutscenes there's some nicely drawn artwork. Only the pixel art seems to be animated though.
    • English is flawless. The conversations feel natural.
    Negative (n)
    • The story is cliché and predictable. The MC needs lust to gain magical power, which will most likely result in a harem full of sluts so the MC can protect the town from monsters.
    • The monster battles are too difficult at the moment. Monsters are too fast which makes it almost impossible to block their attacks unless you trap them in a corner. Should be easy to fix though.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Arti0082

I like The Style it has Kinda the Style like Terraria and i Loved that Game
    Hope you have a good Prozess with this game and a lot of Fun making it
    good for you. I hope there will be also some Scenes for the Players cause the Artwork of the CG's is Awesome.