Unity Onhold The Merits of Lust [v0.4.5 Public] [laxlenon]

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes

Hoaka

Feb 15, 2018
i stuck speak with step mom sis idk what doing need work the script, nice art work

Last edited:

niarrhhh

Mar 13, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You can't even google one fucking thing, all of your arguments are invalid. You can also teach me about software developement and marketing, please do. Apparently you must have way more years of experience in this field that anyone I know.
sure, i got different results, and?

you're still being a pissbaby for literally no reason

• Red Heart
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
I will stay neutral and say that just wait for the demo to be release at the end of this month so that we can truly judge if the game worth it or not without bias or with negative thought from this build, this one was a test for people to see the game system and a glimpse look at the character design so that Dev could get some feed back and gain some people that are interested in his project and will become his future patreons. Just give him a chance to prove himself

Reactions: SlowDance

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Progress seems decent in such a short amount of time. Would be nice if controller support was given some priority, most of the controls have gamepad binds already just by default so you can move around and jump and such but interacting doesn't have a button yet. It should take less than 5 minutes to set up controller button assignments in Unity.
I messed around jumping up to the rooftops near the tavern and it seemed like there's no hang time/coyote time, if I'm not wrong and if platforming is going to play into this more as the game develops I'd suggest adding that sooner rather than later too for the quality of life. It's frustrating to fall from an edge when you're certain you hit the jump button in time, that little buffer really helps with the game feel.

~ Wait. Does the dev even come here? Is this feedback wasted? :unsure:

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Nice! The demo finally came out, now I had to download quick and check out to see how the story, event and control system be like

May 9, 2021
Progress seems decent in such a short amount of time. Would be nice if controller support was given some priority, most of the controls have gamepad binds already just by default so you can move around and jump and such but interacting doesn't have a button yet. It should take less than 5 minutes to set up controller button assignments in Unity.
I messed around jumping up to the rooftops near the tavern and it seemed like there's no hang time/coyote time, if I'm not wrong and if platforming is going to play into this more as the game develops I'd suggest adding that sooner rather than later too for the quality of life. It's frustrating to fall from an edge when you're certain you hit the jump button in time, that little buffer really helps with the game feel.

~ Wait. Does the dev even come here? Is this feedback wasted? :unsure:
It's not wasted anymore, now that I've noticed this post :). But feedback on the Discord does have priority.

I will try to add the ability to change controls in the next update, which will include gamepad support so that will be solved.

As for the hang time/coyote time, there should be some but it is tiny. I will make sure to mess around with that and maybe increase the time window for coyote time.

reeroll

Jun 1, 2021
Nice art but it would be great to be able to play the game.
Even tough I used WASD or either the arrow keys, I can just turn around but the game won't let me move.

May 9, 2021
Nice art but it would be great to be able to play the game.
Even tough I used WASD or either the arrow keys, I can just turn around but the game won't let me move.
same, literally stack at the start of the game
If saving and loading fixes that, then I know what the problem is and I do apologize for that. That was a strange oversight on my part, and will be fixed in the next update.

Reactions: reeroll

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
laxlenon the end of this version is after talking with the witch right? Because we are frozen there. Also the game will have combat? How are your plans for the fetishes? How are the plan for the game in geral?

May 9, 2021
laxlenon the end of this version is after talking with the witch right? Because we are frozen there. Also the game will have combat? How are your plans for the fetishes? How are the plan for the game in geral?
There is more story after talking with the witch. The end for this version is after you go to sleep, wake up, and talk to Marian a second time.

If you can't move, but the character turns, then that should be fixed by saving and loading the game, as in one of my previous replies.

The game will have combat, actually in the next update. I have decided to do v0.1.5 first to test out the combat and any further bugs, before moving onto to v0.2.0.

For fetishes, I have a trap character planned(You will be able to disable gay content). Also with one of the other characters I have planned, the scenes will be extra lewd/depraved which should be very fun. You are welcome to send suggestions and requests of fetishes on Discord, and I will at least consider them, but no guarantees.

The plan for the game in general is to get to v0.2.0 and then have the game open up more. And then also let high-tier patrons decide the next steps in the development. I will detail my plans more in the dev notes next Monday.

Nazeaj

Dec 18, 2020
Cool start, I like it very much!

A couple of suggestions from me:
- sprint button (I noticed if you run while pressing the up key it makes you walk? Or atleast run slower, but I need faster hehe)
- holding E for continuos skip of dialogue, instead of repeatedly having to tap E
- button for hiding HUD/text windows and stuff

Looking forward to this game!

Fearnought

Apr 21, 2018
The first thing I noticed when I started the game was that it has a good art, second was total lack of sound, any sound at all. Then I was told to go to kitchen to talk with Marian... The only thing which told me where the kitchen is was Marian herself, if not for her I would have never guessed a long table counts like one(like seriously, you expect to have at least one source of heat at any kitchen).

Another thing I noticed was that when MC is running you can sometimes see his image twitch. Also since gameplay is built on using keyboard it's pretty strange decision to make it so you can change the time of day(rest) only by using mouse which aren't used anywhere else in gameplay, would be great if there was keyboard alternative.

May 9, 2021
Cool start, I like it very much!

A couple of suggestions from me:
- sprint button (I noticed if you run while pressing the up key it makes you walk? Or atleast run slower, but I need faster hehe)
- holding E for continuos skip of dialogue, instead of repeatedly having to tap E
- button for hiding HUD/text windows and stuff

Looking forward to this game!
I appreciate the feedback.

There won't be a sprint, but there will be a dash that can be unlocked later on in the game which will allow for quicker movement. Holding E for continuous skipping could be annoying to setup, but I should be able to do that and will put that on the list of things to add(I can't guarantee that it will be ready for the next update). Lastly, I am adding a HUD for the combat and probably time of day, which can be hidden, but hiding the text windows will prove problematic the way that I have it setup right now, but I can see what I can do.

The first thing I noticed when I started the game was that it has a good art, second was total lack of sound, any sound at all. Then I was told to go to kitchen to talk with Marian... The only thing which told me where the kitchen is was Marian herself, if not for her I would have never guessed a long table counts like one(like seriously, you expect to have at least one source of heat at any kitchen).

Another thing I noticed was that when MC is running you can sometimes see his image twitch. Also since gameplay is built on using keyboard it's pretty strange decision to make it so you can change the time of day(rest) only by using mouse which aren't used anywhere else in gameplay, would be great if there was keyboard alternative.
The pixel art is very much temporary, and bad to put it simply, and once the budget increases I would very much like to hire an experienced pixel artist to overhaul the look of the game. Same thing for the sound design, I would like to hire a sound designer when I can, but for what it's worth, in the next update there will be some simple click sounds when pressing buttons.

As for the keyboard alternative, that will be included in the next update with the ability to change controls, as well as gamepad support.

Reactions: Nazeaj

zandalari

May 4, 2019
I appreciate the feedback.
Oh hey, a fresh dev. Props for interacting with the community. I recommend you apply for a developer role with one of the staff, it will make it easier for people to find your posts when the game grows bigger. Good luck with the game!

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes