Unity Onhold The Merits of Lust [v0.4.5 Public] [laxlenon]

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
I like the premise of this. I will be checking back when it gets closer to a 1.0 release. In the meantime I wish the dev the best of luck with it's development.

Also, dev you are reading this, please be sure to actively engage with your fanbase. Even if not on here, at least through your support channels.

niarrhhh

Mar 13, 2020
So no gameplay, no nothing, it's just .exe featuring few images from artist. Why would you even bother posting thi...

Ah yes, sweet Patreon money.
if you actually bothered to read the dev notes you would actually see that this is a very early concept build

the "actual" first release should be released around the end of this month or early july

ᴏᴄᴛᴏ

Jan 22, 2018
Finally, something that looks like an actual game, and not a 3dcg gallery with renders from Honey Select.

So no gameplay, no nothing, it's just .exe featuring few images from artist. Why would you even bother posting thi...

...oh.

hurrdurrderpderp

Apr 4, 2020
if you actually bothered to read the dev notes you would actually see that this is a very early concept build

the "actual" first release should be released around the end of this month or early july
If you really think someone would miss big ass hilighted message, dev notes, a fucking title with TEST VERSION along with version number and lots of zeroes - you probably have some brain issues. But thank you, I appreciate your concern and educated input. Now you can read my post again if you know context.

• Angry
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I don't know why the dev put it on patreon at this point. It has no "gameplay" to be tested for bugs really, so I will nitpick.

Credits area would be nice if the text had some drop shadow or outline to stand out against the background.

The relationship naming is a bit weirdly worded.

The bouncing animation for idleness is in my opinion too fast

Even at this early of a stage showing basic keys used for "playing" is a must.

The back button should look like the rest of the menus.

The pixel art is okay but lacks making each place look distinct. So one house's shower are looks like another, etc.

The pixel art for the character is I feel not defined enough.

Tell the "player" where they get into a loop. The area to the right of the lake dev will loop over and over if you continue right.

The aforementioned area does make a flash on the background screen when you enter and exit. I also think it moves the player up or down a few pixels.

Having a single locked door was silly, when every other door is open and the one in the bar can't be touched.

SlowDance

May 5, 2017

You're probably right. I'm sure this was released to gain interest from potential patrons, thus increasing the revenue the game makes. Which, as I'm sure you were alluding to, is why virtually all of these games are made. But the real test will be once the actual game itself starts getting updated. I'm looking forward to it. Cheers!

Reactions: bhbhjbhj and xlash

niarrhhh

Mar 13, 2020
If you really think someone would miss big ass hilighted message, dev notes, a fucking title with TEST VERSION along with version number and lots of zeroes - you probably have some brain issues. But thank you, I appreciate your concern and educated input. Now you can read my post again if you know context.
that would make sense if it had been the dev himself that posted it in order to "milk that patreon money"

turns out that it wasn't, so you're being a cunt for no good reason

pIuto

Aug 20, 2020
that looks f***ing promising. sidecrawler with rpgm vibes. nice!!!
best of luck my dude.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
that would make sense if it had been the dev himself that posted it in order to "milk that patreon money"

turns out that it wasn't, so you're being a cunt for no good reason
Seconded this.

I know there are a lot of unfinished/ abandoned games on here but this dev is just posting a proof of concept to guage interest and get feedback. That sounds like a good first step for a developer to make.

• Angry
Reactions: hurrdurrderpderp

Jack_Shark

Aug 16, 2020
Wonder if this is gonna be a mix a CGs and pixel animations for the sex scenes. Hoping for the pixelbits...

hurrdurrderpderp

Apr 4, 2020
Seconded this.

I know there are a lot of unfinished/ abandoned games on here but this dev is just posting a proof of concept to guage interest and get feedback. That sounds like a good first step for a developer to make.
I know I'm getting baited but ok.

Proof of concept of what? Of unity project made after reading 3 first chapters of every tutorial there is?

Get feedback of what? It's not even a game. There is no game. No gameplay, no most basic of basics of content. No nothing.

Good first step for developer to make in your eyes: setup patreon page, beg for money, make promises, make aggregator sites to get SEO working (already AT LEAST 5 different aggregators have this "game", google it, I only checked first page). Then package your project to .exe and upload.
You say there is abundance of abandoned games here, but let me tell you there is even more idiots getting baited on this kind of scam, and even more overhyped kids shilling on things that don't exist. That's what you've become. A simp, simp on just promises. But if you try to argue, that "muh two images" then I'll correct myself: you're not only a simp but also have extremely low standards. That's also based on your opinion on game developement.

If my complete disregard for h-"game" patreon beggers makes me a "cunt" - please, tell me - what does unconditional ass licking make you?

niarrhhh

Mar 13, 2020
I know I'm getting baited but ok.

Proof of concept of what? Of unity project made after reading 3 first chapters of every tutorial there is?

Get feedback of what? It's not even a game. There is no game. No gameplay, no most basic of basics of content. No nothing.

Good first step for developer to make in your eyes: setup patreon page, beg for money, make promises, make aggregator sites to get SEO working (already AT LEAST 5 different aggregators have this "game", google it, I only checked first page). Then package your project to .exe and upload.
You say there is abundance of abandoned games here, but let me tell you there is even more idiots getting baited on this kind of scam, and even more overhyped kids shilling on things that don't exist. That's what you've become. A simp, simp on just promises. But if you try to argue, that "muh two images" then I'll correct myself: you're not only a simp but also have extremely low standards. That's also based on your opinion on game developement.

If my complete disregard for h-"game" patreon beggers makes me a "cunt" - please, tell me - what does unconditional ass licking make you?
1- you clearly have no idea what a "proof of concept" demo is
2- you also have no idea on how to market a game, be it for financial backing or just for exposure, there's literally nothing wrong with posting your stuff online to gauge interst, financially backed or not
3- no one here even said anything about backing the dev
4- we have yet to see evidence that the dev is "begging for money" like you're implying, OP only put his patreon link there
5- if you're so salty about a dude presenting a project in its most primitive state, then go and do better, make a game from scratch: concept, programming, art, engine, optmization, scripting, everything. and do it out of your own pocket, no patreon, subscribestar, ko-fi or any other donation platform, since you despise them so much. and no sharing it in forums too, the game must attract players on it's own.

and make it decent while you're at it too

Last edited:

niarrhhh

Mar 13, 2020
i also just checked, along with f95zone, this game is found only on 2 other aggregator sites... which none of them seemed to be posted by the dev himself....

you're clearly just a clown, honestly

• Red Heart
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

hurrdurrderpderp

Apr 4, 2020
i also just checked, along with f95zone, this game is found only on 2 other aggregator sites... which none of them seemed to be posted by the dev himself....

you're clearly just a clown, honestly
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You can't even google one fucking thing, all of your arguments are invalid. You can also teach me about software developement and marketing, please do. Apparently you must have way more years of experience in this field that anyone I know.

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes