Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
Well, the Mind control will be gone. Corruption as in breaking down moral objections will likely stay. Corruption as in influencing the Election to get a corrupt Sarah into office so we can get in her pants will likely stay. Blackmail is tricky, catching Cheer Bitch doing bad things and using it against her I think might stay, but framing her with planted drugs is likely gone.

It's hard to say what the stats will be now. Will Depravity be for everyone or just MC. Will we have influence or control?? Will there be a love or lust stat?? It's tough to say what we will see (though I hope for the all female school swim team).

For my self I'll just wait patiently for the update. I will not check Deem's Patreon more than 5 times an hour until we get it. I will not beg for fewer cookies (I want MORE). :)

Just some thoughts. :)

Reactions: Caligula

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Well, the Mind control will be gone. Corruption as in breaking down moral objections will likely stay. Corruption as in influencing the Election to get a corrupt Sarah into office so we can get in her pants will likely stay. Blackmail is tricky, catching Cheer Bitch doing bad things and using it against her I think might stay, but framing her with planted drugs is likely gone.

It's hard to say what the stats will be now. Will Depravity be for everyone or just MC. Will we have influence or control?? Will there be a love or lust stat?? It's tough to say what we will see (though I hope for the all female school swim team).

For my self I'll just wait patiently for the update. I will not check Deem's Patreon more than 5 times an hour until we get it. I will not beg for fewer cookies (I want MORE). :)

Just some thoughts. :)
blackmail to make her give you a blowjob and anything sexual is certainly out, blackmail to make her vote on sarah is another story

ShadrachVS

Jun 13, 2017
I guess it really is fatalistic and edgy to expect the same thing that has already happened to hundreds of patreon games. And it's hilarious that you call my post cringe worthy while mentioning this cringe inducing shitty cookies meme.

I really do hope deem is different, but like I said hundreds of game have been abandoned and every single time there's people who swear by the developer like he is a saint.
The fact you must defend your view from a non-specified statement, should be an indicator... as for the insult, who cares, you opinion differs from mine. Good for you.
However, the intent of my post is that negativity and constant whining/complaining/grumbling (whatever) accomplish Nothing; whilst the cookie meme is at least entertaining to a portion. Since I know that I can not please all, I choose instead to please some; with a particular focus on those that are actually likable to me. Oh my, I just admitted I discriminate... how horrible of me... pfft.

Now back to the originally scheduled programming________
Yes as far as I know blackmail is going to be removed, this would mean we will have to see a different method of plot device to move Kaitlyn from Uber-B&*^# to Your Uber-B#(#(... I see no issue with that, but it isn't one of my kinks.

Reactions: vir_cotto

Dreqt

Nov 12, 2017
The fact you must defend your view from a non-specified statement, should be an indicator... as for the insult, who cares, you opinion differs from mine. Good for you.
However, the intent of my post is that negativity and constant whining/complaining/grumbling (whatever) accomplish Nothing; whilst the cookie meme is at least entertaining to a portion. Since I know that I can not please all, I choose instead to please some; with a particular focus on those that are actually likable to me. Oh my, I just admitted I discriminate... how horrible of me... pfft.

Now back to the originally scheduled programming________
Yes as far as I know blackmail is going to be removed, this would mean we will have to see a different method of plot device to move Kaitlyn from Uber-B&*^# to Your Uber-B#(#(... I see no issue with that, but it isn't one of my kinks.
That's saddening, one of the main reasons why I liked the game so much was because of the blackmail on the cheerleader.

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
It's just bad when they go around censoring stuff, we all got our fetishes. And I for one believe that living/enjoying them in a game is healthier than in life, especially that weird consensual sex with the wife... ugh.

Jokes apart, censoring this is bad mmmkay. Incest and blackmail and drugging got their erotic appeal because they're forbidden and punished by law so... just a game, why Patreon doing this shit man...

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I agree with you, we've become such a PC world BUT in saying that where do we stop regarding what is allowed and not allowed. I think more people who uses Patreon will frown or have a problem with certain things like allowing game devs to write incest/blackmail type games and advertise it. Although over half of those who complain also have their fetishes as you have said. It's not so gray as we may think.

It's just bad when they go around censoring stuff, we all got our fetishes. And I for one believe that living/enjoying them in a game is healthier than in life, especially that weird consensual sex with the wife... ugh.

Jokes apart, censoring this is bad mmmkay. Incest and blackmail and drugging got their erotic appeal because they're forbidden and punished by law so... just a game, why Patreon doing this shit man...

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
I agree with you, we've become such a PC world BUT in saying that where do we stop regarding what is allowed and not allowed. I think more people who uses Patreon will frown or have a problem with certain things like allowing game devs to write incest/blackmail type games and advertise it. Although over half of those who complain also have their fetishes as you have said. It's not so gray as we may think.
Reminds me of the days of people trying to get GTA games banned.

Why is it that there seems to be far more censorship when it comes to games than there is for movies/TV shows/books/etc?
There's plenty of rape/torture/violence/murder/incest/etc. present in movies/TV shows/books/etc., but when it comes to games it seems to be far stricter.
Take Game of Thrones for instance. There's plenty of incest and the like going on there.

I think the ones that try to get everything censored/banned are the ones that really have a problem. They seem to be the ones that truly have a difficulty differentiating between reality and fantasy/fiction/make believe.

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
It's been happening in the last few years, as places become mainstream they're forced to adapt to what's PC
Reminds me of the days of people trying to get GTA games banned.

Why is it that there seems to be far more censorship when it comes to games than there is for movies/TV shows/books/etc?
There's plenty of rape/torture/violence/murder/incest/etc. present in movies/TV shows/books/etc., but when it comes to games it seems to be far stricter.
Take Game of Thrones for instance. There's plenty of incest and the like going on there.

I think the ones that try to get everything censored/banned are the ones that really have a problem. They seem to be the ones that truly have a difficulty differentiating between reality and fantasy/fiction/make believe.
I'll tell you what's the difference, the difference is what's currently mainstream and accepted and what's not! playing H games on PC? Boooooo! watching brother and sister bang on series and throw a kid off a tower? MASTERPIECE! must watch! (series are great tho, but yeah... different)

Take for instance picture, imagine for a moment that being a guy staring like that. What's the difference? public opinion. Public.Opinion.

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
Censorship is always harder on newer media. Lady Chatterley's Lover was first published in 1928, two years before Hollywood widely adopted the Hays Code, which forbade showing a man and a woman even sitting on the same bed.

Reactions: GeorgeMarty

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
Censorship is always harder on newer media. Lady Chatterley's Lover was first published in 1928, two years before Hollywood widely adopted the Hays Code, which forbade showing a man and a woman even sitting on the same bed.
Differing standards for different forms of media (i.e. textual and visual) makes sense, but when both media are in the same form then it really makes no sense to have different standards.

Reactions: lowcody

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
Differing standards for different forms of media (i.e. textual and visual) makes sense, but when both media are in the same form then it really makes no sense to have different standards.
I'd say the interactivity of games/VNs is to the visual nature of movies, as the visual nature of movies is to the textual nature of prose. The interactivity is the novel aspect that draws the additional heat. That's my guess, could be wrong. But it's hardly for no reason.

Dasati

May 30, 2017
I'd say the interactivity of games/VNs is to the visual nature of movies, as the visual nature of movies is to the textual nature of prose. The interactivity is the novel aspect that draws the additional heat. That's my guess, could be wrong. But it's hardly for no reason.
To elaborate on that, I think it's also due to agency. When you read a book/watch a movie your a passive observer, there's a clear break between the actions of the characters and your own. With games, you play a more active role, making decisions and performing actions. Some people seem to believe that people would be unable to differentiate their actions in game to their actions in real life. Much of the outcry/attempted censorship aimed at GTA for example boils down to "we don't think your capable of seeing this as fictional. So we'll ban it to protect you". Its rather insulting towards peoples intelligence imo.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes