Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
@Twistty

Good call on the mega folder; for the release later this week (.21 I'm targeting Jan 5th, as I'm aiming at a more substantial update), I'll add the new folder to Mega. Would it be helpful if I drop you a PM? Or just post here?
I always reed my PM's - so.... Lol

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Post-poned the Sword of Wonder release until later today, as I just finished the Romancing the Kingdom update.

Also given the poll results this morning and the interest in SoW so far, I think waiting until later in the week to make sure the next update has a lot more content might be a good idea.

If you're interested in beta testing, lemme know.

Reactions: botc76

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Thanks for that, @UncleVT

Wanted to ensure people understand what I'm after and if they want, how they can get the latest updates for free at the same time, or even earlier, as my top tier supporters. Basically: help.

I've seen in a month what dedication and learning can do for my game progress. This game has blown away my expectations, I have a fully fleshed out medieval routine for the objectives that tie into plot and lifestyle...basically, everything that I heard from what was wrong with the other game has been poured into this one.

Sadly, that means very little nudity or adult content (so far - that is changing for the .22 release next...).

If you do want to help beta test, etc, get in touch. As they say, I ain't hard to find.

215303j

I may be the only person caring about this, but I don't really like the design of the Sword.
The hilt is extremely unpractical and unhistorical. The blade is also useless.

Here are some better swords:

The one on the right is a bit more elaborate and fantasy-ish, possibly a good choice for The Sword of Wonder.

Or, if you prefer more historical swords:

The second from the left could be close to the "historical" Excalibur.

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Hey @Thialf those are some beautiful swords.

Why did I use the current design (and yes, I have more sword props than just the one...)?

Simple. The tie in to the shape of the Daz3d Oracle of Time Outfit, specifically, the crown. It makes the connection between sword and rule more clear, despite the fact that it's not nearly as historical or realistic as it could be.

I think, given that goal, it's an okay trade-off. I'm certain many will disagree :)

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Found two errors :
village.rpy:160 -> Should be spring stat and not polly's one.
village.rpy:344 -> Should be summer stat and not briley's one.

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Thank you @anne O'nymous

If you are interested in getting a release before other folks, happy to ship you a build. Incredibly helpful to not just know "there's a bug," but the lines of code where I can fix it.

So helpful :) Just fixed both of those.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

These were the

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Thanks for that, @UncleVT

Only thing missing from the weekly retro was the attached image (see below).

It's not game art, but, it's a POC for the elements for two upcoming mini-games.

chickentest03.png

Reactions: UncleVT

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Hm, misleading in the sense that when I posted the weekly update, was ~8 AM my time. Not precise but close enough, I guess - just wanted to make sure people didn't think I was slacking :)

While I appreciate the posts here @UncleVT if you skip the punchline, they're so much shit on a sidewalk.

In this case, if you read the update, here:

(free post)

...the punchline that was most important was that I'll be sharing a supporter only update tomorrow.

Do me a favor, if in the future you're going to continue to copy my stuff here...at least share the whole story :)

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
I've learned: ya'll are some of the most critical *and* supportive people in the adult games category. So...I wanted to share this patron only post. True, it cost a dollar a month to read but I am hoping that as I learn and do better at listening, it pays off in attention, interest and hopefully positive word of mouth.

That being said, I've had *amazing* feedback from a forum member here and don't want to call their attention unless they want it. It's been super helpful and has resulted in a far better experience. On that note, if you're willing to play, give feedback and be detailed in how you deliver, I'd be honored to send you an advance beta copy as I've done with a few verbal people already.

If you just wanted the notes, unlock the spoiler.

Reactions: botc76 and Palanto

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Okay. Hm.

The .22 isn't the official release as it doesn't come out until next month. This was a preview to test the new mechanics, etc. If you've already played it, @Dole, would you mind sending me a note here with your thoughts?

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Okay. Hm.

The .22 isn't the official release as it doesn't come out until next month. This was a preview to test the new mechanics, etc. If you've already played it, @Dole, would you mind sending me a note here with your thoughts?
Because you asked so nice I played it (I have a lot of Games downloaded and havent played it).

I dont like it when I cant use my old save and begin new it takes a lot of time (we have here a lot of Games).

So I must begin new the problem is skipping dont work because the fight with the Bandit. So best is when you make a save point before with skipping text only you dont know first why you get the Game Over.

My homelanguage is not English so I try it easy and short to explain.

The Girls looks for me Good and I have my favorites and I hope I would see them in the future in action or more action. ;)

The Card Game was to easy in my eyes. I have around 25 seconds left in each Game.

For Proofreading your story I am the wrong person.

I hope in the future you can see the Archivements so you can see if you miss a Archivement (at the moment you see only the picture and it is gone).

Aso I dont like in Games when I have the possible between answers and I see no difference as the text (I have to think about the answers and maybe what reaction can come and maybe look online if I translated it correct in my homelanguage. And so I lose a lot of time when all both possibles have no consequences.) Here is the possible to make a lot of Archivements with funny story/answers or bad ends.

The Game have this bug:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Sayer 'spring' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 1067, in script call
File "script.rpyc", line 1481, in script call
File "script.rpyc", line 1481, in script call
File "memoria.rpyc", line 239, in script
File "D:\Downloads\SwordofWonder- 0.22-win\renpy\ast.py", line 615, in execute
who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
File "D:\Downloads\SwordofWonder- 0.22-win\renpy\ast.py", line 528, in eval_who
raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))
Exception: Sayer 'spring' is not defined.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3135
SwordofWonder .22

Reactions: jillgates

jillgates

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
Gotcha, thanks! So the pirate version isn't the same as on my Patreon, as I've already fixed that bug (am not going to name names as to who first reported it but they were SUPER helpful). So patrons can enjoy the .22 beta bug free if they have access ;)

Pirates end up suffering. I'm OK with that :)

The card game this time is supposed to be "Easy," and the next it will certainly be harder. I believe introducing a game mechanic should be a gradual increase of difficulty to ensure accessibility and enjoyment by players of varying skill levels.

I'm not sure why the save from the last version didn't work, I apologize for that. I'll try to ensure to the best of my ability new releases have better continuity as I hate not being able to use a prior save.

Really appreciate the write up and that English isn't your native language. I'm good with Spanish as well if you want to send me a note in that language feel free.

3.10 star(s) 7 Votes