Ren'Py - Completed - Sword of Wonder [v0.99] [Jill Gates]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Crosaith.

Nice - Solid story and most of the women are good-looking and have interesting personalities. None of that cookie-cutter stuff here.

Meh - Sex scenes are about average length and slightly below average quality. I would have rated them better if we played as a more competent protag. He's not very assertive in bed... or anything really.. You'd think that a Captain would have more assertiveness/leadership. He's also kinda lame in bed. Who wants to play as a protag that almost cums before he puts it in..? Wasn't impressed by one of the girls playing with a sausage that was bigger than the protags.

Trash - Gameplay is tedious af. Too much time is wasted navigating menus and doing repeatable events. Most of the choices are fake dead ends.

Overall... I'd say this game is only worth playing if you are patient and have extra time on your hands.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Azt1234

Worth to give it a try.

Game's long and have decent amount of scenes (including animations). Can be finished and have few separate endings. All minigames can be skipped, and it isn't kinetic novel, there's some gameplay (kinda?)

Not as good as "Long Live the Princess", but it has similar vibe and if you're into fantasy, you should give it a try.

Also i don't recommand compressed version. IN my case, it was broken and impossible to finish the game. Official release works fine tho, you should stick with that.

review for version 0.43
  3. 4.00 star(s)

BeastMaster59

My Rating of this Game is:

Pros:
    -Nice Renders
    -Nice Story
    -No grinding
    -Nice Milf
    -Different Ending
    -Easy Playing

Cons:
    -None

Conclusion:
    Nice Excalibur Story with hot ladies and no grinding,lots of Paths to take,so its good to save a couple of times after making choices.
    Game Play is very long and lets time fly fast.
    For me this Game was great and hope to see more from this Dev.

worth the download.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Led

Gave this game a few tries. It's by far not the greatest game around. There's quite a lot of grinding involved. You have to keep going back and forth to try and make progress in the game. I find that quite annoying. It's like spinning around in circles and hoping you'll somehow achieve some progress while doing the same thing over and over, again. The renders are not bad, but pretty poor, compared to the quality fellow developers deliver, these days. In short, I'm sorry, but I can't really recommend this game.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Giovany

what a dump no wonder nobody interested in this "game" there is nothing good
    story is cliche dialogs are cringe models are ugly, not appealing none of the choises matter
    it gives you 2 choises "pick a or gameover "
    this thing is a insult to all the good games in this site
  6. 5.00 star(s)

dussalant

Visuals:
    The characters are well done and the background is unique.

Writing:
    The writing is quite interesting especially the MC's internal monologues that can be quite comedic. The writing also manages to immerse the reader most of the time within the time and place of the story. There are some sections during the story that seem a bit rushed (Just the beginning part).

Overall it's a pretty good game even though the clicking sections can be a bit buggy at times.

Wish I could be more helpful but I'm not all that good at reviews.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.18...

Originally Reviewed on 12/28/2017

I tried this one out and it's alright, being that it's so new and so early into it's development...

The visuals of the characters are done well and befitting of the fantasy genre... The backdrops are unique and creative... The panning in the city was a bit confusing as the building the script mentions as the Inn during the panning shots didn't really look like the building you click on, but I liked the creativity of using panning shots...

The script is alright with interesting dialogue and monologue... Obviously the story is a different take on the King Arthur legend... There were a few moments during the male protagonists dialogue that the immersion was sort of lost due to how modern his talking style was compared to the background the story takes place in... It made me wonder if this VN/Game was meant more as a Comedy style or if it was unintentional? But most of the time the script seemed to stay immersed in the place and time the story was taking place in... Being that it's so early in production, there were also a couple moments that the story felt rushed, but all in all it flowed well... I enjoyed the story so far, even though it was another rehash of the King Arthur legend...

There was a moment of repeated text, such as when the protagonist goes out to find the brigand he had fought earlier, to get proof for the innkeeper... The dialogue was a complete copy of what the innkeeper has said before, when bringing back the money bag... Now in typical MMORPG's you see quest text repeated, so it's not like this was any different then that, but as this is following a more VN/Game type story progression I would have expected different dialogue when returning with the bag... And the jaunt into the forest to find the money bag was uneventful, with what seemed to be superfluous scene repetition, going back and forth between the town and the lake a few times, before finally finding the bag...

Overall I enjoyed this VN/Game mostly, even with it's quirks... It is very much in it's early stages of development, and it does appear thus far that it will have a fun and story driven plot... I will definitely revisit this one a bit later into it's production... And I hope it will turn out to be a deep and creative story telling experience, balanced with what ever erotic material the author/s have planned... It definitely shows promise...