Mod Ren'Py SuperPowered: Radioactive [v0.45.03-RA12] [T.Geiger]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

allenandarth

May 30, 2017
the only reason i'm not play 0.30 yet, is because our lord and savior T-Geier hasn't updated his mod yet

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
@T.Geiger
Possible to get this mod soon for 0.30? we have to wait for getlucky mod also tho.
You should not expect an update before Monday. I am hosting a PPV tonight, and have to get ready for that. Additionally, I need to wait for GetLucky to be updated. (v0.29.00 is not going to work.)

I have the first draft of the update complete, but none of the new stuff has been added into Radioactive yet. I can also tell you that after looking at the code in the base game, there isn't so much new content that you should be getting overly excited. There's probably been more lines corrected for spelling than new content. (But let me be clear, there are several hundred lines that have been spell-corrected.) And there will probably need to be some significant bugfixes to the base game as well. (At the moment, I think if you have Lv3 Armor, you can't recover from being knocked out.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kara Zor-El

allenandarth

May 30, 2017
Niiice, it's fine, i can wait just fine...when it comes to these things i'm already a veteran in the Waiting-For-Updates sect

Reactions: eirendur

darcono

Oct 20, 2018
I know it's a bit late for help/fixes to ver. 0.29.01, but I tried following all the instructions to install this for ver. 0.29 and the game won't parse the script because it seems to recognize nearly everything as being defined twice, once in the .rpy file and once in the .rpyc file. Am I missing something simple? I'm on Mac if it changes anything.

Last edited:

bbnn

Mar 22, 2018
I know it's a bit late for help/fixes to ver. 0.29.01, but I tried following all the instructions to install this for ver. 0.29 and the game won't parse the script because it seems to recognize nearly everything as being defined twice, once in the .rpy file and once in the .rpyc file. Am I missing something simple? I'm on Mac if it changes anything.
you must use getlucky.src for 29
@T.Geiger can you provide this mod in rpyc format pls. I am on android. Pls get lucky too.
Game is 0.30 now need to wait for dark philosopher to update getlucky before installing this mod.
That's the problem

Last edited:

darcono

Oct 20, 2018
you must use getlucky.src for 29

That's the problem
I'm actually using base game ver. 0.29, so all the versions should line up, but thanks for the tip on using getlucky.src. However, it still doesn't help - GetLucky works but not Radioactive. I've copied the parsing failure below - I don't know how to get to the .rpyc files or I'd try fixing this myself...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
I've copied the parsing failure below
Please attach rather than paste your errors in the future. Trying to reply to a post that large can crash the browser page.

These error messages are common on first run. Have you ran it more than once, per the installation instructions? (While the vast majority of RenPy games only need be run a second time to get source mods to work, I would suggest a third attempt if necessary.) You also should have gotten similar errors from GetLucky if you installed the source version from scratch. (If you installed it over an existing GetLucky archive, nothing will be significantly changed.)

If the errors persist, there isn't really much I can do to help. Either you've installed it wrong, you have a unique configuration issue, or you're the first person to tell me it doesn't work on Mac.

can you provide this mod in rpyc format pls. I am on android. Pls get lucky too.
I definitely cannot provide GetLucky, as that's not mine. I am also not interested in providing a specialized distribution I cannot test. Sorry.

Greetz

Oct 9, 2018
Damn, @T.Geiger your mod is simply too good. Playing the new version without your improvements was a baffling experience, like, why aren't those things in the base game?

darcono

Oct 20, 2018
Please attach rather than paste your errors in the future. Trying to reply to a post that large can crash the browser page.

These error messages are common on first run. Have you ran it more than once, per the installation instructions? (While the vast majority of RenPy games only need be run a second time to get source mods to work, I would suggest a third attempt if necessary.) You also should have gotten similar errors from GetLucky if you installed the source version from scratch. (If you installed it over an existing GetLucky archive, nothing will be significantly changed.)

If the errors persist, there isn't really much I can do to help. Either you've installed it wrong, you have a unique configuration issue, or you're the first person to tell me it doesn't work on Mac.

I definitely cannot provide GetLucky, as that's not mine. I am also not interested in providing a specialized distribution I cannot test. Sorry.
Guess I need to check my install - the parsing error isn't going away after multiple tries. Hopefully it's not a unique configuration issue, because that would suck.

Hanshin

Sep 13, 2018
a little test: when you upgrade to 030 please make sure to change the code which checks if you have more than 3 points in poly upgrade dna skills. since you can't use poly combat power's when you do.

Last edited:

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
a little test: when you upgrade to 030 please make sure to change the code which checks if you have more than 3 points in poly upgrade dna skills. since you can't use poly combat power's when you do.
Done within minutes of my response in the main thread.

iamloser

Jan 26, 2018

I can understand.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Updated for SuperPowered 0.30.00!

0.30.00-RA1 (2018.11.27)
  • Tracking - Complete rewrite for easier maintenance and additional features. (More to come.)

If I've written my code correctly, you should notice little immediate difference in the way tracking is working. More visible changes will be coming in the future.

GetLucky has been temporarily included with this archive. It is a compatibility update to v0.30.00, with no additional features (not even adding a cheat to the new power). If DarkPhilosopher is unable to update GL by 0.32, I will consider making a more proper update to the mod.

Last edited:
Reactions: McIgga

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
combat powers poly disabled?
Ah, oversight on my part. While you won't be locked out with the "cheater" message, the menu isn't enabled until you hit exactly level 3. So Level 9 or 10 won't quite work. I'll have a fix up tomorrow. In the meantime, you can workaround this with player.power_APP = 3 at the console.

(A different "cheater" message might be shown while the power is on cooldown, but will go away once the cooldown expires... which will be a small eternity later. I'm still trying to figure out what it is actually checking here.)

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes