• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
the only things I've done with jenny were buying her panties and having her help roxxy
Helping Roxxy doesn't count, that is part of the French Teacher's arc, but I find it more fun to do after Jenny (changes the dialogue), but buying her panties does count. You will need a save from before that step. ...Sorry.

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
Helping Roxxy doesn't count, that is part of the French Teacher's arc, but I find it more fun to do after Jenny (changes the dialogue), but buying her panties does count. You will need a save from before that step. ...Sorry.
Can't believe they left that shit broken for so long. At least it'll probably get fixed when Jenny gets reworked... hopefully...

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Can't believe they left that shit broken for so long. At least it'll probably get fixed when Jenny gets reworked... hopefully...
Pretty sure that's why it hasn't been fixed yet, since it's the next main update. Probably more work than it was worth for something that is easy to avoid if you know about it. Besides, the way this is going with the mix of old and new code, doing more than one quest at a time is a bad idea anyway. :sneaky:

Reactions: llong0415 and DrFog

Balrog

Jan 10, 2018
I'v done some ressearch on Subscribe star and it look like a very very unsafe alternative to Patreon, they apparently steal info from people using their site, at least that's how the whole coding look like it's rigged to do.

Dark Cookie would be better off with switching to his own website with a systeme like patreon to support him, there are a lot of people out there that will do that for a very reasonable price and then he'd get almost the entirety of the money except for the few cents Paypal and the banks take.

Then not only would he get more money and bring the censored stuff back, he also won't have to worry about Subscribe star or any of the patreon alternative he would use, turning on him like Patreon did.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Dark Cookie would be better off with switching to his own website with a systeme like patreon to support him, there are a lot of people out there that will do that for a very reasonable price and then he'd get almost the entirety of the money except for the few cents Paypal and the banks take.

Then not only would he get more money and bring the censored stuff back, he also won't have to worry about Subscribe star or any of the patreon alternative he would use, turning on him like Patreon did.
Sadly that's really not the solution. Patreon isn't enforcing those changes because they really want to, but because they get pressured exactly by paypal and other payment providers like Visa and Master to incorporate those changes, since those companies want to keep their hands "clean". So if DC wanted to set up his own thing and have a guarantee that it'll run without troubles, it would have to be without paypal and possibly without visa/master card and other major payment providers to be safe.

That's basically the main reason why there are no viable patreon alternatives. They'd have to work without classical payment providers to not get the same problems as patreon does now, which is very unconvinient for users and thus not really the best business model.

Luxx

Jul 8, 2017
New Eve looks much better. She looks naughty as hell and has some nice curves. Old one just looked like a shy lameass with no hips and probably no ass.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Having the saves how the scenes can be reviewed?
They can't really. If you have the 'persistent' file, you can look at the gallery, or you can load the save and run around doing the repeatable scenes, but if you do either of those things, you miss most everything.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
To me, old Eve looked like a copy of every other girls, just shorter, with different hair and a hoodie but the same facial structure, same skin tone etc.
yeah agreed, her face looks so much better

New Eve looks much better. She looks naughty as hell and has some nice curves. Old one just looked like a shy lameass with no hips and probably no ass.
i thought that was a part of her appeal though, that she didn't look like the typical big tittied model type (see roxxy). her mia and judith are kind of the girls i would date IRL if i was still in highschool... you know they are all cute but they still look approachable

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
I just look at the new art, i like it.
I just play with the picture a little and if you take out the blue, she is completely different :^) View attachment 198484 View attachment 198487
beautiful, maybe it's going to be part of her storyline to change her appearance somehow. i mean she's going to get involved with her sister tattoo parlor thing so maybe in the end of her story we'll have to decide if she becomes blonde natural hair color eve or blue haired emo eve with tats and everything

idk dumb idea i know but i'm just excited for her story

Bruce_Wayne18

Mar 14, 2018
I'v done some ressearch on Subscribe star and it look like a very very unsafe alternative to Patreon, they apparently steal info from people using their site, at least that's how the whole coding look like it's rigged to do.

He doesn't even need to change platform or setup a payment plan through his site, in order to bring incest back and get around Patreon guidelines. Other games like 'A Town Uncovered' for example, 'hide' it and the only way to enable it is if you manually enter your relationship to the characters at the beginning of the game and then it specifically tells you it's your choice and they didn't influence you.

At this point I'm wondering if DC always wanted to remove it and Patreon just gave him an excuse to do so. It's so easy to bring it back but I don't think he will.

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
He doesn't even need to change platform or setup a payment plan through his site, in order to bring incest back and get around Patreon guidelines. Other games like 'A Town Uncovered' for example, 'hide' it and the only way to enable it is if you manually enter your relationship to the characters at the beginning of the game and then it specifically tells you it's your choice and they didn't influence you.

At this point I'm wondering if DC always wanted to remove it and Patreon just gave him an excuse to do so. It's so easy to bring it back but I don't think he will.
That wouldn't work very well at all though, considering he completely reworked all of the incest content to the point where it's much more complicated than just switching "Debbie" to "Mom," and such. Besides, he's said it will get added back in whenever the game is finally finished.

Bruce_Wayne18

Mar 14, 2018
That wouldn't work very well at all though, considering he completely reworked all of the incest content to the point where it's much more complicated than just switching "Debbie" to "Mom," and such. Besides, he's said it will get added back in whenever the game is finally finished.
I think it would work very well. It's simple to do it and it's not a complex mechanic. It would take some tweaking with the dialogue so it flows smoothly but that's what the incest patch does anyway (we just have to wait for it). And they already have most of the work done for them with all the patches up to date so I don't see why they can't do that. Plus they'd please more fans by doing it instead of telling them 'someday' so it's a win-win and everyone's happy.

Which is why I'm thinking they intended to remove it in the first place because it just doesn't make sense removing it all together, when other games worked around it since many developers got hit with the guideline strike. Heck, I know I saw it coming and told DC about it like a month ago before it happened (I think) when they updated their guidelines. It's not like no one saw it coming and they could have prepared for it but they didn't. They decided to remove it.

To be clear, I'm not saying it will never EVER return, just definitely not in the foreseeable future until the game is finished. So about 2-3 years I'd say. They keep saying they will introduce it back 'someday' and it's such a lame and irritating excuse. Which is pissing fans off since it's having a negative impact on the narrative and the story.

I told DC this would happen when he announced they were removing incest, but he was confident it wouldn't impact the story. The Roxxy update was solid because it wasn't driven by the family story. The 0.17 update was bad though. It felt like such a shallow and unsatisfying end to Diane's story and she is one of the main characters. They had 4 months to release it and the story they came up with isn't great. Just 'meh', which is not what fans have come to expect from this game and the team.

I love this game and I really don't like the way it's headed. Plus they haven't addressed fan concerns which is another bad sign.

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
I think it would work very well. It's simple to do it and it's not a complex mechanic. It would take some tweaking with the dialogue so it flows smoothly but that's what the incest patch does anyway (we just have to wait for it). And they already have most of the work done for them with all the patches up to date so I don't see why they can't do that. Plus they'd please more fans by doing it instead of telling them 'someday' so it's a win-win and everyone's happy.

Which is why I'm thinking they intended to remove it in the first place because it just doesn't make sense removing it all together, when other games worked around it since many developers got hit with the guideline strike. Heck, I know I saw it coming and told DC about it like a month ago before it happened (I think) when they updated their guidelines. It's not like no one saw it coming and they could have prepared for it but they didn't. They decided to remove it.

To be clear, I'm not saying it will never EVER return, just definitely not in the foreseeable future until the game is finished. So about 2-3 years I'd say. They keep saying they will introduce it back 'someday' and it's such a lame and irritating excuse. Which is pissing fans off since it's having a negative impact on the narrative and the story.

I told DC this would happen when he announced they were removing incest, but he was confident it wouldn't impact the story. The Roxxy update was solid because it wasn't driven by the family story. The 0.17 update was bad though. It felt like such a shallow and unsatisfying end to Diane's story and she is one of the main characters. They had 4 months to release it and the story they came up with isn't great. Just 'meh', which is not what fans have come to expect from this game and the team.

I love this game and I really don't like the way it's headed. Plus they haven't addressed fan concerns which is another bad sign.
..... By adding a way to switch the necessary content with text that would make incestual relationships make sense would in and of itself be violating Patreon regulations, regardless of if the player inputs "Mom" and "Sister" into the dialog boxes themselves. The only way it works is with unofficial mods, because otherwise DC would be liable for it, and it's definitely not worth trying to "hide" it, due to how much he stands to lose if Patreon rules against him. It would not be simple whatsoever. It would be if he hadn't reworked all the incest stories, but that's a different discussion. And again: he already said he would add it back in once the game is removed from Patreon.

Reactions: MerlinUSA

Bruce_Wayne18

Mar 14, 2018
..... By adding a way to switch the necessary content with text that would make incestual relationships make sense would in and of itself be violating Patreon regulations, regardless of if the player inputs "Mom" and "Sister" into the dialog boxes themselves. The only way it works is with unofficial mods, because otherwise DC would be liable for it, and it's definitely not worth trying to "hide" it, due to how much he stands to lose if Patreon rules against him. It would not be simple whatsoever. It would be if he hadn't reworked all the incest stories, but that's a different discussion. And again: he already said he would add it back in once the game is removed from Patreon.
Then how is GeeSeki doing it in A Town Uncovered and Patreon has allowed him to keep doing it?

4.20 star(s) 341 Votes