DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
The thing with Eve is that she doesn't really have a story until now. With every other schoolgirl it was more or less clear what's going to happen from the start. Roxxy turns from "bitch" to proud girlfriend, cute and studious Mia rebells against her upbringing and her religious mother, Judith gets more confident and stops being that unimpressive wallflower, Annie will be freed from Mrs. Smith and the cult, MC will have to convince Ronda that he's not a weak loser, etc. (maybe June being the exception, though I'm not even sure wether she'll even get a full story...) But for Eve there's really no hint until now how her story would go. She seems happy as she is, doesn't have any problems, is on good terms with MC, there don't seem to be troubles with her sister, she has a gang, etc.

But of course that can very well be a coincidence.
This is very true, I never thought about it like that. Except for June. June is the cosplayer, she doesn't need a detailed storyline, just a slew of increasingly slutty cosplaying outfits to smash her in until we go do some exhibitionist crap at some comic festival.

Is anyone else sad about how things are working out with this game? Because to me it went from the best incest game on the internet to Just a tedious , and almost infinite, wait to see barely nothing new (talking about 0.17). The last update was BS to me. And now, after 3 weeks from the release, 0.18 is at fucking 1%. I am not a patreon, but if i were one i would stop supporting DC, i really think that giving him money will just make the wait longer.
I'm really not too sure why his Patreon income is so freaking high. I only support people on Patreon when I get something out of it, and being able to vote in polls and shit is not worth it. I support Palmer because I don't want to wait 2 months for the next DfD episode, but seeing as how SS is available pretty much at the same time for both patrons and non-patrons, I don't really see the point.

i kinda expect all of you who don't like new eve to like her new design once you get used to her. objectively (if you can say that) she looks way better drawn, more sexier, she has a more interesting and cuter face. the only flaw i see with are her legs and ass, they don't look like they fit her very well. it is true that she looks a little older now, which makes her stand a little from the other school girls (she looks like she's just slightly younger or the same age as her sister grace). maybe dc can find a way to improve but tbh i definitely don't want him to go back to the old design and i'm saying this as a huge eve fan from day 1. trust me guys you will start to like her once we see more of her poses and stuff.
I'm okay with the new Eve, I just really don't see why it was necessary. The old Eve was hot, the new Eve is hot. On a side note: if Eve is the trap, are you going to divorce her?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
This is very true, I never thought about it like that. Except for June. June is the cosplayer, she doesn't need a detailed storyline, just a slew of increasingly slutty cosplaying outfits to smash her in until we go do some exhibitionist crap at some comic festival.
Considering her first costume was little more than body paint (topless and bottomless), there isn't far to go to get there! :LOL:

Reactions: llong0415 and DrFog

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
Considering her first costume was little more than body paint (topless and bottomless), there isn't far to go to get there! :LOL:
True. Hopefully there's a full rework down the line that amends that. I'd want to slowly corrupt her as opposed to her being okay with dressing like a fantasy slut right off the bat.

Reactions: TheDevian

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I'm really not too sure why his Patreon income is so freaking high. I only support people on Patreon when I get something out of it, and being able to vote in polls and shit is not worth it. I support Palmer because I don't want to wait 2 months for the next DfD episode, but seeing as how SS is available pretty much at the same time for both patrons and non-patrons, I don't really see the point.
I think there are quite a few reason. First the game is pretty good, has a lot of content and there's a clear promise for more. Second there are certainly DC's streams, where everybody can talk to him, can see how it goes, will get a "dose of SS" even if there's no update, may even be able to influence the game and get his tiny bit of content, etc. - that's going to make people spend a bit of money, simply because they like him and it's going to make people forgive if something isn't as good as expected or lasts a bit longer.
Else one can say that DC has a ton of 1$ patreons who often don't really care that much about that money anyway and get access to his stream archive in return. Next to that there are actual rewards you get for pledging 5$ where you get access to the archive, tracker and the possibility to vote. So I'd guess that the 1$ and 5$ tier are the key to his success in this case, especially since people are a lot more generous and patient when it's about rather small sums of money.

Last but not least his #4 position on patreon in general and #1 within the NSFW games department will have an impact as well. Many people know the game, many will recommend it, random people much more likely to stumble accross it by accident, etc. - that's going to compensate quite a bit and will bring new patreons.

Other devs who actually "sell" their game (i.E. you pledge and only those who pledge get to download the game, the higher the pledge, the earlier you'll get it), depend more on high tier patreons and are under a lot more pressure to actually release something.

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
I think there are quite a few reason. First the game is pretty good, has a lot of content and there's a clear promise for more. Second there are certainly DC's streams, where everybody can talk to him, can see how it goes, will get a "dose of SS" even if there's no update, may even be able to influence the game and get his tiny bit of content, etc. - that's going to make people spend a bit of money, simply because they like him and it's going to make people forgive if something isn't as good as expected or lasts a bit longer.
Last but not least one can say that DC has a ton of 1$ patreons who often don't really care that much about that money anyway and get access to his stream archive in return. Next to that there are actual rewards you get for pledging 5$ where you get access to the archive, tracker and the possibility to vote. So I'd guess that the 1$ and 5$ tier are the key to his success in this case, especially since people are a lot more generous and patient to when it's about rather small sums of money.

Last but not least his #4 position on patreon in general and #1 within the NSFW games department will have an impact as well. Many people know the game, recommend it, people much more likely to stumble accross it by accident, etc. - that's going to compensate quite a bit and will bring new patreons.

Other devs who actually "sell" their game (i.E. you pledge and only those who pledge get to download the game, the higher the pledge, the earlier you'll get it), depend more on high tier patreons and are under a lot more pressure to actually release something.
Right, right, right, I get all of this. I guess what I meant to say was, I don't really get all the people complaining about progress if they're patrons, because if you're DC's patron, you're basically just showing support for a game you like, not because you have to in order to unlock certain features.

DildoWeilder

Jul 30, 2017
Anyone else having save issues? The game saves fine, but when I go to load it it loads in a completely random spot, every time waaaaaaay farther back than what I wanted to load so I have to redo everything up til the point I wanted to load at.

0uK

May 18, 2017
Anyone else having save issues? The game saves fine, but when I go to load it it loads in a completely random spot, every time waaaaaaay farther back than what I wanted to load so I have to redo everything up til the point I wanted to load at.
Download the last version, that bug got fixed

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Did you by chance take the potency pills from Dr. Signh?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I did, is that what caused the issue?
Yeah, they're bugged, won't get fixed until the next update. Hopefully we will get a holiday one with it, but if not, we will have to wait for 18. Unfortunately, you will have to load an old save from before you took the pills, you can talk to the doc, but actually taking the pills is a no-no.
As nice as it would be to see more of her, the pills themselves didn't seem to change your chance to knock her up anyway. :confused:
Good luck.

Cago

May 27, 2018
Sadly, that is the entire problem, her new face. It kind of ruined her for me, and she was my favorite. Her old faces were great, now she looks like everyone else. No longer is she a unique flower, now she is just another dandelion. :p

If you tried to trigger Jenny's scene, before doing Debbie's arc passed a certain point, the diary will not trigger. You need to load a save from before you started Jenny's story, and finish Debbie's first, then you can go back to do that.
You will then just need to talk to her while she is lying on her bed at the time, and tell her that Debbie is looking for her. You will see her reading/writing in it when you enter the room.
the only things I've done with jenny were buying her panties and having her help roxxy

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
the only things I've done with jenny were buying her panties and having her help roxxy
Helping Roxxy doesn't count, that is part of the French Teacher's arc, but I find it more fun to do after Jenny (changes the dialogue), but buying her panties does count. You will need a save from before that step. ...Sorry.

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
Helping Roxxy doesn't count, that is part of the French Teacher's arc, but I find it more fun to do after Jenny (changes the dialogue), but buying her panties does count. You will need a save from before that step. ...Sorry.
Can't believe they left that shit broken for so long. At least it'll probably get fixed when Jenny gets reworked... hopefully...

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Can't believe they left that shit broken for so long. At least it'll probably get fixed when Jenny gets reworked... hopefully...
Pretty sure that's why it hasn't been fixed yet, since it's the next main update. Probably more work than it was worth for something that is easy to avoid if you know about it. Besides, the way this is going with the mix of old and new code, doing more than one quest at a time is a bad idea anyway. :sneaky:

Reactions: llong0415 and DrFog

Balrog

Jan 10, 2018
I'v done some ressearch on Subscribe star and it look like a very very unsafe alternative to Patreon, they apparently steal info from people using their site, at least that's how the whole coding look like it's rigged to do.

Dark Cookie would be better off with switching to his own website with a systeme like patreon to support him, there are a lot of people out there that will do that for a very reasonable price and then he'd get almost the entirety of the money except for the few cents Paypal and the banks take.

Then not only would he get more money and bring the censored stuff back, he also won't have to worry about Subscribe star or any of the patreon alternative he would use, turning on him like Patreon did.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Dark Cookie would be better off with switching to his own website with a systeme like patreon to support him, there are a lot of people out there that will do that for a very reasonable price and then he'd get almost the entirety of the money except for the few cents Paypal and the banks take.

Then not only would he get more money and bring the censored stuff back, he also won't have to worry about Subscribe star or any of the patreon alternative he would use, turning on him like Patreon did.
Sadly that's really not the solution. Patreon isn't enforcing those changes because they really want to, but because they get pressured exactly by paypal and other payment providers like Visa and Master to incorporate those changes, since those companies want to keep their hands "clean". So if DC wanted to set up his own thing and have a guarantee that it'll run without troubles, it would have to be without paypal and possibly without visa/master card and other major payment providers to be safe.

That's basically the main reason why there are no viable patreon alternatives. They'd have to work without classical payment providers to not get the same problems as patreon does now, which is very unconvinient for users and thus not really the best business model.

4.20 star(s) 341 Votes