Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
this was in "files" when i tried to run it after extracting the files from the zips
The error says it all:

"Naughty Tribute Mod game_overrides found in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game. Must be in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files"

You placed the game_overrides inside the game folder. It has to be on the same level instead, besides the game folder.

Note that in contrast to that, the mod itself comes inside the game folder, not besides it. You seem to have installed that right. So just move the game_overrides one level up.

Reactions: Minecraftnoob

DrikoBR

Jan 5, 2020
Hello, I'm trying to activate the online translation of everything and I can't, I want to put the game in PT because the official translation is out of date, can anyone help me do this? thanks

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hello, I'm trying to activate the online translation of everything and I can't, I want to put the game in PT because the official translation is out of date, can anyone help me do this? thanks
Online translation only works with the PC version (it does not work on Android or other OS). Also, it's required to have a working translation pack already installed even if it's outdated, to have the language available.

> I want to put the game in PT

I don't understand what you mean by that.

Sgtlothar

Jan 29, 2021
Online translation only works with the PC version (it does not work on Android or other OS). Also, it's required to have a working translation pack already installed even if it's outdated, to have the language available.

> I want to put the game in PT

I don't understand what you mean by that.
That probably is shorthand for Portuguese

Aracnidio

Nov 25, 2022
Hi! I ve been trying to install the mod on Android but the game crashes and show one of these two error messages right after the Kompass logo loading screen. I think I did everything right, and put the files in the "game" folder. If i remove the mod files the vanilla game works perfectly.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi! I ve been trying to install the mod on Android but the game crashes and show one of these two error messages right after the Kompass logo loading screen. I think I did everything right, and put the files in the "game" folder. If i remove the mod files the vanilla game works perfectly.
Especially on Android the first start will take a long time (several minutes even on my Galaxy S20 Ultra). This is because all the filles need to be compiled once. I imagine the error you get comes from the game engine thinking that all this takes too long.

However, if you start the game again after it crashed like that, it should proceed and compile the remaining files, eventually finishing the process. Did you try to re-start the game after crash i.e. twice or more times before you deleted the mod again?

Aracnidio

Nov 25, 2022
Especially on Android the first start will take a long time (several minutes even on my Galaxy S20 Ultra). This is because all the filles need to be compiled once. I imagine the error you get comes from the game engine thinking that all this takes too long.

However, if you start the game again after it crashed like that, it should proceed and compile the remaining files, eventually finishing the process. Did you try to re-start the game after crash i.e. twice or more times before you deleted the mod again?
Oh i can 't believe it. Im so dumb. I reinstalled everything and tried to start the game.It showed that error message 2 times but on the third time it worked. Now it opens perfectly. I'm sorry to bother you.

Reactions: srksrk 68

Vendovah

Nov 14, 2022

Gotta love it when the solution to a tech support problem is "Did you try turning it off and on again?" Lmao

jmerrick1001

Sep 14, 2022
Hey, love the mod, been playing with it on my second run. However, is there a way to convert modded saves to regular vanilla saves? I want to move my progress over to my phone, but my I cannot install the mod on Android (I have Android 14). Obviously, modded saves will not work on a vanilla game, but is a converter out there somewhere? Thanks!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ifllslonly

FusiFranse

Apr 28, 2020
Could someone be of assistance and mention the concole command for the time setting of the 'Auto-Forward' ( afm - Settings ) function.
I'm sick of the skip-disable code implemented

Edit: found it, so nvm.
preferences.afm_time = 1

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hey, love the mod, been playing with it on my second run. However, is there a way to convert modded saves to regular vanilla saves? I want to move my progress over to my phone, but my I cannot install the mod on Android (I have Android 14). Obviously, modded saves will not work on a vanilla game, but is a converter out there somewhere? Thanks!
I guess if you cannot make it work without wizzardry, you are out of luck. You might try to do a clean save in MCs bedroom, with no quest active at the time. Disable all mod features with the config setting VANILLA to 1, save and load, then DISABLE_MOD and save again, then try to use that save. But I think that save will still not work in the unmodded game. That last option is there to completely disable the mod, leaving you with basically the vanilla game and saves still working, but obviously the mod must be installed for that to work...

You might try to put the attached file into the game/scripts folder of your phone to make it work -- if Android lets you.

Last edited:

BoboButtz69

Aug 19, 2023
can you recommend any resources/ tips for creating mods like this one?

edit ; for context, i'm wanting to add futa/ M-preg content for eve, so im thinking that i would want to modify the code for impregnation on male eve. is there a way with your "game_overrides" ? thx for any help you can provide

Last edited:
Reactions: Ifllslonly

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
can you recommend any resources/ tips for creating mods like this one?

edit ; for context, i'm wanting to add futa/ M-preg content for eve, so im thinking that i would want to modify the code for impregnation on male eve. is there a way with your "game_overrides" ? thx for any help you can provide
You can use the game_overrides folder to change the visuals, but that will not make male Eve pregnant. As for modding resources, you should visit the official RenPy forums and read around. Then maybe compile the demo game or read the sources of some free games. For Summertime Saga, you would need to get familiar with tools to extract the sources first. This cannot be described in a post like this, unfortunately.

fsvgdacgaf

Feb 23, 2024
i was confused on how install the mod, i know that i need to extract the mod and put in the game folder but it just end up crashing the game when i start the game as it say " File "game/scripts/01TributeModConfig.rpy", line 831, in <module> raise Exception(details_follow) Exception: Naughty Tribute Mod game_overrides found in C:\Users\xxx\xxx\xxx\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\game. Must be in C:\Users\xxx\xxx\xxx\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc Hint: This is not a problem with the mod but with how you installed it. Solution: Check your installation " when i try to overiders the imaga and script file, i didn't put the mod in the game folder

Last edited:

KingProphet!

Jan 31, 2023
You can use the game_overrides folder to change the visuals, but that will not make male Eve pregnant. As for modding resources, you should visit the official RenPy forums and read around. Then maybe compile the demo game or read the sources of some free games. For Summertime Saga, you would need to get familiar with tools to extract the sources first. This cannot be described in a post like this, unfortunately.
Make a tutorial vid!!!

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes