Ren'Py Abandoned Student Affairs [Ch.2] [Tams-Senpai]

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

Lorric17

May 25, 2017
This needs a lot more guidance to the player. I can go to school, talk to no one, go to work, cook, spy in the shower and creep on Izunami, who strangely sleeps in her school uniform. Well, I could, but I'm unable to "Sleep until midnight", that option is grey for no reason I can tell. There are no goals given, and no quests except that first one. Can't even tell what time of day it is or pass time manually. Lust or Love points aren't explained in the game.

It's not all bad, the graphics are nice enough and it looks like a setup for what could be a nice game.

But I'm going to give this a couple of updates before coming back ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tams-Senpai

Phantasmagoria of Lucid Insanity
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
Images that were down-sized/repeating in the corner is being remade as well to fit in 1080p resolution of the game since in before it was only sized "760.
(The Zoom was not working when I copied it from the Old project to the new project which is now.)

Bug tests are still in progress to see if there are any things broken or that was left out.

I left some experimental scripts that I forgot to sweep before rolling out the game. I'm really sorry for that, I'm trying to scan everything and it might take awhile before the next upload.

- Time bug from Monday to Sunday and Morning to Midnight transitions.
- Izanami dressing invisible bug. (Under the bed)
- Izanami staying on screen bug. (Talking during afternoon)
- Hirume avatar size being small in the grocery.
- Dating on Saturday and Sunday (weekends) no progress and unable to skip.
- When Dating Izanami protagonist's avatar is showing in the middle.

-------------

Looks awesome any chance for a Mac build?
To be honest I'm not sure yet, as much as I want to implement it on APK or Mac, I'll check and see.

---------------

This needs a lot more guidance to the player. I can go to school, talk to no one, go to work, cook, spy in the shower and creep on Izunami, who strangely sleeps in her school uniform. Well, I could, but I'm unable to "Sleep until midnight", that option is grey for no reason I can tell. There are no goals given, and no quests except that first one. Can't even tell what time of day it is or pass time manually. Lust or Love points aren't explained in the game.

It's not all bad, the graphics are nice enough and it looks like a setup for what could be a nice game.

But I'm going to give this a couple of updates before coming back ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Game was remade to progress via storyline which infact is now at 0-1% so as of now the only guidance that you have is "cooking" and after that.. boom nothing, this is being worked on and will be worked on from 3rd week march to 1st of April.

Guidance/quest is still being setup, the quest that you saw was experimental as I've said on my announcement
(not here but in patreon via public post)

Pixels are yet to be implemented, once all the patch has been implemented we'll be able to proceed on how it is supposed to be played after remaking it.

althworld

May 12, 2018
i really like the art style of this game so i am cheering for it. its also one of the more playable styles on rpgm platform. i usually hate the endless grinding rpgm has, especially its monotonous and frequent battles that seem to be there for no other reason other than to annoy people. this one has a much better play style.
but right now it seems kind of impossible to enjoy. there are many difficult to go through problems and bugs. i'll try to list a few i noticed.
1. time is a really big issue. especially if you go to the convenience store for work, the time flow is inconsistent.
2. you can't do anything else other than go to school in the weekday mornings. there should be an option to skip. i had to wait till the weekend to meet shady merchant.
3. no option to progress time, i cant even sleep to pass time. that's how i got stuck during the Sunday morning. i worked at the arcade in the morning yet the time didn't move and it was still morning. the yes option to sleep was gray.
4. wake up at midnight is gray too.
3. spying at midnight doesn't have the option of looking up and down like before.
4. if you choose to undress at midnight, the screen turns black and it becomes impossible to play anymore.
other those there are other issues too but those are what i currently remember. i am now stuck on Sunday morning. i really wish to play a more complete and problem free version so i am going to wait for it to get better.
btw, are there any other games out there with similar art style?

Reactions: polky
Dec 6, 2017
i really like the art style of this game so i am cheering for it. its also one of the more playable styles on rpgm platform. i usually hate the endless grinding rpgm has, especially its monotonous and frequent battles that seem to be there for no other reason other than to annoy people. this one has a much better play style.
but right now it seems kind of impossible to enjoy. there are many difficult to go through problems and bugs. i'll try to list a few i noticed.
1. time is a really big issue. especially if you go to the convenience store for work, the time flow is inconsistent.
2. you can't do anything else other than go to school in the weekday mornings. there should be an option to skip. i had to wait till the weekend to meet shady merchant.
3. no option to progress time, i cant even sleep to pass time. that's how i got stuck during the Sunday morning. i worked at the arcade in the morning yet the time didn't move and it was still morning. the yes option to sleep was gray.
4. wake up at midnight is gray too.
3. spying at midnight doesn't have the option of looking up and down like before.
4. if you choose to undress at midnight, the screen turns black and it becomes impossible to play anymore.
other those there are other issues too but those are what i currently remember. i am now stuck on Sunday morning. i really wish to play a more complete and problem free version so i am going to wait for it to get better.
btw, are there any other games out there with similar art style?
He'll be fixing all the bugs once he releases another patch for it soon.

Tams-Senpai

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
Download .

v0.0.6b (Public)
- Various bug fixes has been applied.

0.0.6b note:

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE MAPS ARE GETTING LOOPED DUE TO ZOOM PLUG IN REMOVAL.
THIS IS NOW BEING WORKED ON AND WILL TAKE TIME DUE TO THE NUMBERS OF EVENTS AND IMAGES THAT NEEDS TO BE ADJUSTED!

Thank you for understanding!
Pixels are yet to be replaced.

Tams-Senpai

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
undressing izanami at night still turns the screen black. is it a problem with the old saves?
No it shouldn't be. But I disabled some for the meantime as we are fixing the resolution of the images, as it was repeating.

Incase, if you proceeded with greater than 40 lust points you can view the boobjob scene.

This will be fixed along with the map that we are resizing to eliminate looping.

Deleted member 563623

Apr 19, 2018
Nickle and dimeing for premium content is probably not a great way to build the good will necessary for fanbase support and something i could never support myself. Judging in part by the game's lack of success i think it's safe to say this is a widely held sentiment. I did have interest in the game but that cratered after learning about the predatory business tactics.

M_Trav

Oct 29, 2018
Download .

v0.0.6b (Public)
- Various bug fixes has been applied.

0.0.6b note:

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE MAPS ARE GETTING LOOPED DUE TO ZOOM PLUG IN REMOVAL.
THIS IS NOW BEING WORKED ON AND WILL TAKE TIME DUE TO THE NUMBERS OF EVENTS AND IMAGES THAT NEEDS TO BE ADJUSTED!

Thank you for understanding!
Pixels are yet to be replaced.
i think im stuck at night time cause ive been clicking the drawer and can't seem to change clothes

Tams-Senpai

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
Map resizing and re-enabling of Izanami's night scene is in progress. Will provide an update soon.

i cant seem to change clothes next to the drawer
Did you use the old save? If yes, it might cause a bug where in you can't talk to the drawer. Unless you use the old save and went on weekday the transition would be okay and you can talk to the drawer.

i can't save
Did you delete the www\save folder? If so, you might need to create a folder again inside together with the .exe file.

How to cause this scene?
The lust can be attained by doing malicious things (going under the bed to spy when she is dressing, shower and etc.) and it was upgraded to a notch so it wouldn't be a 20 minute grind of lust to attain 20+ lust.

Nickle and dimeing for premium content is probably not a great way to build the good will necessary for fanbase support and something i could never support myself. Judging in part by the game's lack of success i think it's safe to say this is a widely held sentiment. I did have interest in the game but that cratered after learning about the predatory business tactics.
I'm not interested in having alot of support but if I did have that's good, but what interests me is we view some game developers as who just wants to get money from people.

I only intend to help the artists behind me as I've said on my previous post and to protect the requests of my patrons no matter how much they pay or how many they are, I entertain request from patrons. If I really wanted to earn a nickle and dime I would have upped my patron subscriptions with these quality of art (well gameplay is abit boring as it is still at 1% rebuilt).

Thus thanks for the interest, as the game is free nobody is being forced to pay as I also update the public version along with premiums :)

P.S. F95zone is a great community I wanted to give back to this community by finishing a game even though it is below $100 or even if 1 patron or $1 has been left or $0 at all.

I also take suggestions to people who give constructive feedback like the one in the 2nd page where in I remade all my maps because he provided me a constructive points on what and why it is inefficient to have a huge map versus an efficient and beautiful map.

althworld

May 12, 2018
i think instead of releasing the game in increments after one or two bugfixes is less efficient unless you want our opinion on the bugs. instead, it would be better if you released it after making it more complete even if it took some time. you can just improve the minor bugs that are missed at a later version. the current way of releasing makes people lose interest. for a good enough game, we are willing to wait a bit and would be happier to play it.

Reactions: Tams-Senpai

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
i like the art in the previews..but am wary of RPGM usually....can someone tell me if there is alot of the typical travelling around a top down map wander aimlessly through town to find a sparkly door?..if that is not in this i will give it a shot...maybe just a screenshot or two if that issue exists..lol..picky aint i?... :D

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes