Ren'Py Abandoned Student Affairs [Ch.2] [Tams-Senpai]

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

Tams-Senpai

Phantasmagoria of Lucid Insanity
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
Uploaded the latest release. Please see change logs.

P.S.
You'll notice that there are some down-scaled and repeatable images and the center is the main picture. I'm fixing that and will release an updated version soon.

Reactions: Demonic Ingrid
Jul 9, 2018
This is one of those few RPGMaker games who's got custom 2d art and Sprites as opposed to the endless stream of 3d daz and honey select asset games. It's nice to see games like this with it's own identity, however...

The game is at 90bucks per month upon writing this. The game uses assets that is most likely commissioned art which can be quite expensive and time consuming to produce. If this keeps up, despite several major updates, whether or not the game gets updated frequently and still remains on a sub 500buck income, then this game will most likely be abandoned when the devs run out of funds or or ultimately decides it's not worth the time.

Unless of course, more people would support the dev that is.

I'm looking at you, dev. is crying on . says he's not expecting to even get back the 10k he spent on the developing the game. (their game most likely uses commissioned 2d art as well.)

Reactions: Tams-Senpai
Dec 6, 2017
This is one of those few RPGMaker games who's got custom 2d art and Sprites as opposed to the endless stream of 3d daz and honey select asset games. It's nice to see games like this with it's own identity, however...

The game is at 90bucks per month upon writing this. The game uses assets that is most likely commissioned art which can be quite expensive and time consuming to produce. If this keeps up, despite several major updates, whether or not the game gets updated frequently and still remains on a sub 500buck income, then this game will most likely be abandoned when the devs run out of funds or or ultimately decides it's not worth the time.

I'm looking at you, dev. is crying on . says he's not expecting to even get back the 10k he spent on the developing the game. (their game most likely uses commissioned 2d art as well.)
Its fine to be skeptical but lets just hope it works out over time. Also not every project is the same but I see where you're coming from on Devs bailing out cause lack of funds. Honestly it's better to be positive about it and genuinely say a real opinion about the game than just labeling about how it 'may or may not' be worth looking at. Also nice jab at another content creator, agreed with that one.

Tams-Senpai

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
Hey guys there seems to be a bug in the timeline of the game and I'll fix that soon!

------------------------------------------------------------

The game is at 90 bucks per month upon writing this. The game uses assets that is most likely commissioned art which can be quite expensive and time consuming to produce. If this keeps up, despite several major updates, whether or not the game gets updated frequently and still remains on a sub 500buck income, then this game will most likely be abandoned when the devs run out of funds or or ultimately decides it's not worth the time.

I understand where you're coming from and I respect your valued opinion and most points are correct, yes they are expensive.
I get the gist of getting frustrated over an abandoned game due to the expenses.

If you noticed my patron is below $90, but I really don't care how much money I make on my game what I do care is what my current patrons are paying for, no matter how much or how many of them are I'll deliver quality to them, I even offer refunds to them if I made a delay on my deadlines.

The highest tier was supposed to be $5 but some of my patrons wants to have $10, that is why I up it with a disclaimer.

What I'm also fighting for is the under-rated costs of artists in my country, right now I'm paying 3 artist to do the Character design and scenes, one of them is creating a pixel characters and one of them is the fashion creator, creating the deluxe (cosplays, base coloring and dressses).

I want them to have decent jobs and receive the correct payment while getting famous.

One of the patron asks me if I can cover the cost of operations, I said I'm bleeding in cash but I got it, I don't need necessary help.
They can donate how much they want if they truly appreciate my game.

I will never ever cry about having no money or how much I've spent because it's all worth it.

The artists that is working for me are all my real life friends and I care for them.
If anyone wants to hire or take their commissioned art, I'm willing to share them as they need clients too but for now they decided to work solely on my game as they want to see the end.

I'm their client and I also act as their promoter, you can also ask them feedback about me.
I never intended for them to go poor.

I'm creating the game of my life which I dreamed about since the day I played True Love 95' when I was a teenager (illegal but its true lol).

I accept your challenge and you may save this reply of mine that the game will be finished.

See my post last february:

PS the only challenge that I have now is the delays due to our day jobs. That's all and I hope you guys enjoy my game and OUR passion!

Monsaic

Aug 5, 2018
Stuck on the weekend. No Dating possible since no money for gifts... Working exploitable, since no time change. Stuck on the morning... cooking, working ain't doing a thing. Sleeping not possible.

Option to always change time would be nice.

Otherwise I haven't seen enough of the game yet. Concept seems good. Writing seems ok so far. Arts only scratched the surface yet. Gameplay probably a little too much grinding. No overview over stats, character progression or art gallery.

Bacher

Dec 4, 2017
People that make games for the love of the game so to speak and cares about the game they make instead of just thinking "lets do this quick and get money" are the ones that gets the most support and money in the end and the more good games they do the more fans they get that stay as patreons as long as the dev is making them happy with the amount of content and quality that are expected per month or in some cases per release depending on how the game is created :D

Btw how much femdom are there in this game atm ? :p

Tams-Senpai

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
Hello all,

I'm well aware of some of the bugs and currently working them on now. :) Thanks!

- For the "time bug" something went wrong as I possibly neglected something or possibly deleted something.

For the stats overview on how much you gained love and lust will be changed soon, I'm just waiting for other scripts to be completed.

But so far, you can talk to the lampshade with red notebook which will provide the stats.

I'm really sorry for the bugs that you guys have encountered, I'm checking on why the "Time" bug is having some issues. It maybe when I made the public version versus the premium, I'm double confirming now and will update in awhile.

Phooploid

Jun 18, 2017
Seems decent, though after crawling under the bed, the sprite of my character permanently disappeared. Also, when working in the evening (the second time), it resets the day to the morning for some reason.

So overall this seems pretty buggy. Might try it again after a few updates.

GadorDev

Jul 20, 2017
As I advance the day at the end of the week, I have no one to date and I walk through the city and I do not see anything to pass the time

PS Sorry for my English

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes