chax_

Jun 4, 2018
what do i need to do to select another giver (other than the mc)?
been hunting good traits in random encounters for hours then realized i can't figured how to do it.

max1970

Apr 5, 2018
hey every time I start strive a blue orb shows up and then it goes down, something about an error that shows up multipole times before it goes off, anyone got any idea on what's going on here? I just in updated it so I really don't know what the problem is

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
the orb could either be the loading screen or your cursor showeing activity?
honestly without any visual or more descriptive error report you won't get much help I am afraid

Narbodi

Feb 3, 2018
Is there any known fix for the bug of the shopkeepers gradually getting closer and wandering off the bottom of the screen? I'm pretty sure it's tied to Maple's "float" animation, since she's the only one that moves around on the screen. After about an hour of play, it looks like everyone's talking to my belt buckle, which might be an attractive feature to some, but I prefer to keep business and pleasure separate.

Feb 17, 2017
...I'm pretty sure it's tied to Maple's "float" animation, since she's the only one that moves around on the screen...
I haven't tested this, like at all. Also, you are probably talking about slave guild shops, not item shops. Also, frankly I'm not like 100% sure that animation is responsible for the "sinking", it may though. But you can try this: in Mansion.gd replace.
Code:
            tweennode.seek(0)
            tweennode.set_active(false)
With:
Code:
            tweennode.stop_all()
            tweennode.reset_all()
or just simply disable the floating animation altogether by deleting/commenting the:
Code:
get_parent().repeattweenanimate($charactersprite, 'fairy')
line in outside.gd

max1970

Apr 5, 2018
the orb could either be the loading screen or your cursor showeing activity?
honestly without any visual or more descriptive error report you won't get much help I am afraid
well I managed to stop for minute, luckily I might add and got this,

ERROR: ImageLoader::load_image: Error opening file: res://files/buttons/abils/Acid spit2.png
At: core\io\image_loader.cpp:53
ERROR: Failed loading image: res://files/buttons/abils/Acid spit2.png
At: scene\io\resource_format_image.cpp:116
ERROR: Failed loading resource: res://files/buttons/abils/Acid spit2.png
At: core\io\resource_loader.cpp:210
ERROR: Failed loading resource: res://files/buttons/abils/pregnant.png
At: core\io\resource_loader.cpp:210
SCRIPT ERROR: GDScript::reload: Parse Error: Expected end of statement after expression.
At: res://files/scripts/event/event_requirement_check.gd:21
ERROR: GDScript::reload: Method/Function Failed, returning: ERR_PARSE_ERROR
At: modules\gdscript\gd_script.cpp:507
SCRIPT ERROR: GDScript::reload: Parse Error: Expected end of statement after expression.
At: res://files/scripts/event/event_builder.gd:27
ERROR: GDScript::reload: Method/Function Failed, returning: ERR_PARSE_ERROR
At: modules\gdscript\gd_script.cpp:507
At: res://files/scripts/event/event_result.gd:18

would this be better?

max1970

Apr 5, 2018
@max1971 reinstall the game
alright done that now its open with opengl 3.3 not supported, I looked it up and this problem seems to hit people who want to play 3ds games on their computer, and this is getting abit odd now, so you know how to fix opengl 3.3?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
first step check wether or not your graphic card actually supports opengl 3.3
If yes try to upgrade you driver
If no you already have your answer

max1970

Apr 5, 2018
first step check wether or not your graphic card actually supports opengl 3.3
If yes try to upgrade you driver
If no you already have your answer
ok I'm not gonna brother with trying to check simply do to the fact that iv been wanting to upgrade my computer in some way, that being said how do I upgrade my driver?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
depends on your card and your OS.
Most graphic cards (from reputable companies) within the last 5 years had a GUI that allowed download and installation.
otherwise google should be your friend...
Windows offer the hardware manager, and programs like Everest can also help

ArcherC

Sep 1, 2017
Well, here's my collection of images. They'll cause "incorrect sRGB profile" warnings in the console, but otherwise will work. Drop this into your C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Strive\ folder and extract there.

Reactions: brynhildr

Fire Fall

Jan 8, 2018
can futa girls get other girls pregnant?
Yes. They can get pregnant too.

I got some questions about Traits.
Which files besides the "traits" one do you have to edit in order to make new traits appear randomly on purchased/captured characters?

Also, is it possible to put a new preference as a trait? As in, make a character a "Slime Lover", or giving a trait of "Likes them tall" or something like this ...

Oh, and while going through the save files I noticed that there is a pubic hair option. Was it ever used? It looks like it is always clean and there is no mentioning of it in game.

Feb 17, 2017
Which files besides the "traits" one do you have to edit in order to make new traits appear randomly on purchased/captured characters?
No, for that alone you don't need edit anything else.

About traits. 3 things:
1. traits.gd - List of all traits in existence.
2. trait can effect character stats(globals.gd->"person" class->"stats" dict). This type of effect is described back there, in traits.gd, it is applied when trait is added and reverted when trait is removed. Simple.
3. trait can have specific effect during specific situation. This is hardcoded in that specific situation code.

So
is it possible to put a new preference as a trait
Yes. But, you'll need to identify every part of game code that your trait should have effect in. Then simply add there a check for existence of your trait and then add effect code if previous is true.

I noticed that there is a pubic hair option.
It is an old deprecated or unimplemented feature. I don't remember which. I think someone talked about that here before.

4.20 star(s) 47 Votes