VN Ren'Py Straight!? [Revamp v0.10.1] [Aaryn]

4.90 star(s) 49 Votes

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Thanks for responding Aaryn.
Happy to know that French is provided in translation, it touches me because this game is a real marvel for me and knowing it translated into my language is a real joy.
thank you for the kind words, the interest, and the support. it'll be awhile but hopefully we'll eventually get there. i just hope with as much slang as i write with, that it translates well enough

LouisRenekton

Oct 5, 2023
so i've began discussing translation options on my discord. the translations will likely be done by fans and we'll oversee the process using the discord. however, i'm going to really limit the translations to start with (mostly because idk what i'm doing and we're not exactly sure how to go about doing it). we would only be doing the revamp as well since the revamp will replace the original version. however, that kinda got put on hold but i'm gonna be looking at it again in the very near future.
I would very much like to translate this story into simplified Chinese. But I don't know how to get all the text directly. In fact, I don't know anything about game creation, and I don't know anything about how the text is displayed in the game. If you can provide me with a file similar to the .txt format I would be more than happy to translate the text.

Reactions: Aaryn

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
so i've began discussing translation options on my discord. the translations will likely be done by fans and we'll oversee the process using the discord. however, i'm going to really limit the translations to start with (mostly because idk what i'm doing and we're not exactly sure how to go about doing it). we would only be doing the revamp as well since the revamp will replace the original version. however, that kinda got put on hold but i'm gonna be looking at it again in the very near future.
Not sure what degree you went with the discussion.
But I find it the best way is to use a "Community Translation Tool" - Kinda like open source Modding, Especially for an ongoing / WIP project. Cuz this way:
  • You don't need to deal with every random person who want to translate your game
  • You don't need to oversee every translation - especially if you don't know the language
    • Hence you don't hold liability of the translation
  • Every fan can get a hand on the translation if they want to
  • Translation will be much quicker than thru the devs
Tho it also has some cons:
  • It won't work if fan base is really small
  • You can't control / monetize the translation
  • I've No idea how easy to create such a tool :LOL:

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I would very much like to translate this story into simplified Chinese. But I don't know how to get all the text directly. In fact, I don't know anything about game creation, and I don't know anything about how the text is displayed in the game. If you can provide me with a file similar to the .txt format I would be more than happy to translate the text.
yeah, i didn't know the first thing about any of this stuff when i started either. literally googled or watched a video or scrolled forums for every single thing i ever did-- partially why it took so long. So right now we're doing a test run for a Spanish translation that i'm going to try and work out some of the early how-to's about it. much of the early issues are related to trying to get a way to get the translation back into the code. my test got put on hold tho due to some family stuff and merch design. plus the game updates are always priority so most of this extra stuff i'm just doing in down time when i'm taking a break from update development. i'm going to take a look at translations again very soon tho

Not sure what degree you went with the discussion.
But I find it the best way is to use a "Community Translation Tool" - Kinda like open source Modding, Especially for an ongoing / WIP project. Cuz this way:
  • You don't need to deal with every random person who want to translate your game
  • You don't need to oversee every translation - especially if you don't know the language
    • Hence you don't hold liability of the translation
  • Every fan can get a hand on the translation if they want to
  • Translation will be much quicker than thru the devs
Tho it also has some cons:
  • It won't work if fan base is really small
  • You can't control / monetize the translation
  • I've No idea how easy to create such a tool :LOL:
thanks for the recommendation, i can look into it. the logistics is definitely something that is gonna take some work. i also wanted a team approach to the translation to help get multiple ideas on how to keep things as close to the original text as possible--- which is gonna be pretty difficult considering i write with a lot of western slang

Reactions: nackedsnake

renektonzqg

Mar 15, 2022
I played through the old version of the game yesterday. I noticed that the story line wrapping up at the end seemed a little bit strange. You entered the game as a bystander and listen to Z tell the whole story. And B sat across from Z for three hours and Zach surprisingly didn't notice at all? Also, no offense, I'm kind of curious if this story is a true reflection of you personally? I thought you were Zach at first, but I might even have thought you were B. By the way, damn, B is so hot when he blows to Z, he is such a natural 0

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I played through the old version of the game yesterday. I noticed that the story line wrapping up at the end seemed a little bit strange. You entered the game as a bystander and listen to Z tell the whole story. And B sat across from Z for three hours and Zach surprisingly didn't notice at all? Also, no offense, I'm kind of curious if this story is a true reflection of you personally? I thought you were Zach at first, but I might even have thought you were B. By the way, damn, B is so hot when he blows to Z, he is such a natural 0
thanks the reply.

Massive Spoilers in my reply here:

The ending of the game is very purposely written to leave a lot open to the imagination. Fans were very attached to these characters and I felt like putting the power for interpretation in their hands was way more mature and true to the story than me telling people how it ends. While you can interpret it on a very surface-level, I always expected the reader to be more analytical about the story than that never intended for it to be interpreted that way. There's a lot going on in that final chapter and the ending can have some pretty crazy-fun interpretations.

1. Why didn't Zack notice Braden sit down at some point? This question has only come up a few times and I think that's mostly because the bulk of people found it completely believable that Zack wouldn't notice. Why would he? Throughout the entire story, Zack is in his head and is completely oblivious to the real world. It's a black screen or a storm even. He's very introspective and always blocks out the entire world. This is seen in every chapter of the story without exception. But the end is even more complex because he has regret and he's sorta going through his own feelings in real time as he's telling this story-- to me that's another layer of introspection that would block out even more of the real world. So of course he isn't paying attention to anything around him. He's just lamenting because things finally clicked for him and he thinks it's too late while he spills his soul to some stranger.

2. Another fun fan theory is that the epilogue and the train station never happened. If you wanna go a step further, it's completely believable that the epilogue is not actually accurate to what happened. The ending of Chapter 10, without the Epilogue, is a perfect ending to Zack's story. His story was never about the romance, it was about him solving his self-hatred and finding acceptance. Thus, the epilogue isn't even required to tell Zack's story. The Listener, himself, even states that he hopes he does the ending justice and then walks away. He never heard or saw anything after that point and could have just wrote Braden into the story to make it happy. The entire ending could have been fabricated for those readers that want that mindfuck ending and want a lot of depth to an ending. I actually like this ending the best because it turns the whole story upside-down again and gave me a lot to think about for weeks. Obviously, you could still fill in your own happy ending just like the Listener did and still have closure but i do like endings that flip stories every which way and this perspective certainly changes everything.

3. A third interpretation could be that the version of the story we're experiencing is written by the Listener, who also has his own baggage and thus blends himself into Zack's narrative, the same way that a reader of the story could self-reflect on themes throughout the story. Thus, the "Zack" we see in the story is like 50% real Zack and 50% Listener. We already know throughout the story that Zack is an unreliable narrator so who's to say the Listener is and when their characters don't bleed into one another? So if we as a reader were to tell Zack's story after playing the game, we may insert ourselves or own morals into the story to personalize it more. In this regard, the story almost becomes like a legend or a folk tale that changes and morphs over time with every telling as it's passed down.

4. You mention being a "bystander" so I guess your interpretation is that you were the Listener-- but I'm not sure if that's what you're saying or not. If it is, I haven't heard that interpretation yet. That would seem harder to prove since the Listener specifically says that he'll try and tell the story. Which means it would be you writing the story to yourself. I'm not sure if that would track with much of the themes in the story but if you like that interpretation, you're more than welcome to roll with it. I would just see a lot of evidence in the story that would contradict that the player is the Listener. I haven't heard anyone build a case for that one yet but I'm open to it.

In terms of if the story is about me, it's not in so many words. There's a lot of self-reflection and honesty in the writing. I asked myself some hard questions but I'm not one specific character-- if anything my personality is split across the 4 mains. If you want more details regarding that specific question, I'll link some articles on my Patreon that give more personal background

Reactions: Kallumin

LouisRenekton

Oct 5, 2023
thanks the reply.

Massive Spoilers in my reply here:

The ending of the game is very purposely written to leave a lot open to the imagination. Fans were very attached to these characters and I felt like putting the power for interpretation in their hands was way more mature and true to the story than me telling people how it ends. While you can interpret it on a very surface-level, I always expected the reader to be more analytical about the story than that never intended for it to be interpreted that way. There's a lot going on in that final chapter and the ending can have some pretty crazy-fun interpretations.

1. Why didn't Zack notice Braden sit down at some point? This question has only come up a few times and I think that's mostly because the bulk of people found it completely believable that Zack wouldn't notice. Why would he? Throughout the entire story, Zack is in his head and is completely oblivious to the real world. It's a black screen or a storm even. He's very introspective and always blocks out the entire world. This is seen in every chapter of the story without exception. But the end is even more complex because he has regret and he's sorta going through his own feelings in real time as he's telling this story-- to me that's another layer of introspection that would block out even more of the real world. So of course he isn't paying attention to anything around him. He's just lamenting because things finally clicked for him and he thinks it's too late while he spills his soul to some stranger.

2. Another fun fan theory is that the epilogue and the train station never happened. If you wanna go a step further, it's completely believable that the epilogue is not actually accurate to what happened. The ending of Chapter 10, without the Epilogue, is a perfect ending to Zack's story. His story was never about the romance, it was about him solving his self-hatred and finding acceptance. Thus, the epilogue isn't even required to tell Zack's story. The Listener, himself, even states that he hopes he does the ending justice and then walks away. He never heard or saw anything after that point and could have just wrote Braden into the story to make it happy. The entire ending could have been fabricated for those readers that want that mindfuck ending and want a lot of depth to an ending. I actually like this ending the best because it turns the whole story upside-down again and gave me a lot to think about for weeks. Obviously, you could still fill in your own happy ending just like the Listener did and still have closure but i do like endings that flip stories every which way and this perspective certainly changes everything.

3. A third interpretation could be that the version of the story we're experiencing is written by the Listener, who also has his own baggage and thus blends himself into Zack's narrative, the same way that a reader of the story could self-reflect on themes throughout the story. Thus, the "Zack" we see in the story is like 50% real Zack and 50% Listener. We already know throughout the story that Zack is an unreliable narrator so who's to say the Listener is and when their characters don't bleed into one another? So if we as a reader were to tell Zack's story after playing the game, we may insert ourselves or own morals into the story to personalize it more. In this regard, the story almost becomes like a legend or a folk tale that changes and morphs over time with every telling as it's passed down.

4. You mention being a "bystander" so I guess your interpretation is that you were the Listener-- but I'm not sure if that's what you're saying or not. If it is, I haven't heard that interpretation yet. That would seem harder to prove since the Listener specifically says that he'll try and tell the story. Which means it would be you writing the story to yourself. I'm not sure if that would track with much of the themes in the story but if you like that interpretation, you're more than welcome to roll with it. I would just see a lot of evidence in the story that would contradict that the player is the Listener. I haven't heard anyone build a case for that one yet but I'm open to it.

In terms of if the story is about me, it's not in so many words. There's a lot of self-reflection and honesty in the writing. I asked myself some hard questions but I'm not one specific character-- if anything my personality is split across the 4 mains. If you want more details regarding that specific question, I'll link some articles on my Patreon that give more personal background

Thanks for the answer. One of the most obvious reasons I think "I" am a bystander is that there are actually scenes in the game that don't include Zack. If "I" was just listening to Zack's descriptions to complete the story, the dialog that Zack didn't know about would be a bit out of place. Of course, this could be considered an artistic creation. But I prefer that the story was actually written by Z and B together. Rather than a listener's own description and imagination.

By the way, is it possible for this story to continue? Because in our country, college is actually four years. They will go back to school after their vacation, right? I'm still a bit curious about Z and B's campus life after they established their relationship (since they confirmed their relationship then more sex becomes reasonable~) and Ash's development with M after he came back from the army and so on.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Thanks for the answer. One of the most obvious reasons I think "I" am a bystander is that there are actually scenes in the game that don't include Zack. If "I" was just listening to Zack's descriptions to complete the story, the dialog that Zack didn't know about would be a bit out of place. Of course, this could be considered an artistic creation. But I prefer that the story was actually written by Z and B together. Rather than a listener's own description and imagination.

By the way, is it possible for this story to continue? Because in our country, college is actually four years. They will go back to school after their vacation, right? I'm still a bit curious about Z and B's campus life after they established their relationship (since they confirmed their relationship then more sex becomes reasonable~) and Ash's development with M after he came back from the army and so on.
i dont actually recall any scenes where zack isn't present but i'm always open to people interpreting something in their own way to check a box or make things unique to their own experience of the story.

i dont have active plans to continue the story right now. college here is typically 4 years as well but i also don't want to run the story into the ground. I've told the specific story that i wanted here and i wanted to be careful not to just keep making sequels just for the cash. the story ending on it's own terms in a realistic way is way more important to me. plus, i worked really hard on that ending for it to work out the way that it did. a sequel would undo that and force the ending to be a specific canon and i really dont want to take the individual interpretations away from the reader. Thus, i've stated that the only way i will do a sequel is if i 100% feel the sequel would blow this one out of the water. This story was about communication and acceptance. I've flirted with some ideas for a sequel but I'd have to be insanely confident to actually do it. Plus, the main focus right now is the revamp and polishing things up then once that's done we'll see where we are.

• Love
Reactions: Moosica

LouisRenekton

Oct 5, 2023
i dont actually recall any scenes where zack isn't present but i'm always open to people interpreting something in their own way to check a box or make things unique to their own experience of the story.

i dont have active plans to continue the story right now. college here is typically 4 years as well but i also don't want to run the story into the ground. I've told the specific story that i wanted here and i wanted to be careful not to just keep making sequels just for the cash. the story ending on it's own terms in a realistic way is way more important to me. plus, i worked really hard on that ending for it to work out the way that it did. a sequel would undo that and force the ending to be a specific canon and i really dont want to take the individual interpretations away from the reader. Thus, i've stated that the only way i will do a sequel is if i 100% feel the sequel would blow this one out of the water. This story was about communication and acceptance. I've flirted with some ideas for a sequel but I'd have to be insanely confident to actually do it. Plus, the main focus right now is the revamp and polishing things up then once that's done we'll see where we are.
thx bro.u're the best. keep do yourself

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Updated OP with new revamp v0.08 release. Also finally updated the screenshots to reflect the ongoing revamp version rather than the original version.

drago30

Jul 28, 2018
Used to love this game so much and played old version twice! Because i've been really busy,i didn't have the time to play this one. I have a question though and i know i might sound like a total noob:ROFLMAO: but....what exactly is "revamp" version? I mean,is there continuation of the story,new content,etc or is it something different? Maybe i am also confused cause English is not my native language. Thanks!

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Used to love this game so much and played old version twice! Because i've been really busy,i didn't have the time to play this one. I have a question though and i know i might sound like a total noob:ROFLMAO: but....what exactly is "revamp" version? I mean,is there continuation of the story,new content,etc or is it something different? Maybe i am also confused cause English is not my native language. Thanks!
no worries at all. i talk with a ton of slang too so hopefully i make sense and if not, feel free to ask for clarification. The original game was a passion project and i didn't know anything about game creation, art, or writing. As the game progresses, I learned more and more so the quality of the story and the art get better. By the time I got the end, the entire story really deserved the attention and love that I had applied at the end. So now, with more experience and better hardware, I'm redoing the game from the beginning. All new shots, now there is sound effects, a fully legal and licensed musical soundtrack, and all new expanded scenes and dialogue. If you liked the original, this current version blows it out of the water.

updates are slower right now because the beginning was very rough but are progressively getting faster.

oh... and there's a few animations now too.
Comparison.png
here's a shot off my patreon that just shows a quick side-by-side comparison of the original versus the revamp

This does not continue the original story. it's a remake of the original. same story, same script but lot of polish to the writing

drago30

Jul 28, 2018
no worries at all. i talk with a ton of slang too so hopefully i make sense and if not, feel free to ask for clarification. The original game was a passion project and i didn't know anything about game creation, art, or writing. As the game progresses, I learned more and more so the quality of the story and the art get better. By the time I got the end, the entire story really deserved the attention and love that I had applied at the end. So now, with more experience and better hardware, I'm redoing the game from the beginning. All new shots, now there is sound effects, a fully legal and licensed musical soundtrack, and all new expanded scenes and dialogue. If you liked the original, this current version blows it out of the water.

updates are slower right now because the beginning was very rough but are progressively getting faster.

oh... and there's a few animations now too.
View attachment 3082086
here's a shot off my patreon that just shows a quick side-by-side comparison of the original versus the revamp

This does not continue the original story. it's a remake of the original. same story, same script but lot of polish to the writing
Downloading already!!! Thanks!!

• Yay, new update!

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
Straight-0.08.2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
There are month that is fever only Futa and Gay game. :KEK:
I'm gonna assume you're a troll since you facepalmed my OP then actually took time out of your no-doubt, busy and emotionally fulfilling life to scroll to the last page of my existential gay romance story and masterfully contribute.

What you posted... well... none of us have any idea because that is quite possibly the most nonsensical sentence attempt I've ever read in my life. But you tried and you seemed so confident that you even ended it with a :KEK: that I don't wanna take that from you. So good job, Sport! Complete and utter domination that was so skillful you didn't even have to make any sense doing it.

Thanks for the facepalm and the post, it still counts as engagement and boosts my project ;)

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
If we already played the original story do you recommend playing the Revamp or is it more or less the same?
the revamp is a very new experience imo. freshens up the old stuff and the quality is a massive upgrade, plus sound, and music, and some annoying early game features are removed (and there's more than 4 fucking people at the college :ROFLMAO:)

Reactions: pilgrim2003
4.90 star(s) 49 Votes