VN Ren'Py Straight!? [Revamp v0.10.1] [Aaryn]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
This game has definitely got my attention since there isn't that many gay games on here and as far as I'm concerned any holes a goal and it's only gay if the balls touch
I'll see what I can do to mitigate ball touching. Ok....that's a lie. They'll def touch :p

this game is awesome, thank you. i've been waiting for a game like this for a long time.
Hey, thanks, Druid. I'm humbled by your thoughts and really appreciate it :)

There is definitely a lot of things that still need some work: in particular my use of lighting needs work and my computer hardware sucks so I can't render images in the quality that I would want for a finished product. Odds are that will be fixed slowly along the way.

Honestly, I hope more people use it as a motivator to create their own games; particularly those who are unhappy with my version. One thing I really like about this site is the collaboration of creators. There seems to be something for everyone. Just not a lot in the gay genre. Even if my game sucks, I'm hoping others will take up the torch: those who are a lot more experienced or talented than I am.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I want more hehe, this is really nice, it drive me crazy that i have to wait but it going to be woth it i think
I hope so. I just dropped the new update today so the free version will be posted in a few weeks. Hopefully any bugs will be worked out by then (already found 2 that I got corrected)

Reactions: elleo
Nov 9, 2017
Speaking of, I"m on 2.0 and is there anyway to pull Braden's shorts all the way down? Keep trying but he keeps fidgeting and ending the scene

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Speaking of, I"m on 2.0 and is there anyway to pull Braden's shorts all the way down? Keep trying but he keeps fidgeting and ending the scene
Not right now. there's only about 3 sequences for that event right now. I'll slowly add to it as the story allows, though. Until then, you'll suffer with the rest of us...

Reactions: elleo

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
waiting for that v0.3
I'll post v0.31 probably around the 20th-ish. v0.3 had 2 bugs in it so I quickly corrected it to v0.31. That's the most recent and the one I"ll be posting. Just letting ya know in case you stumble across a version v0.3. Unlike v0.2, it has a clear cut ending. I learned my lesson on the ambiguous update that was v0.2.

I really appreciate the interest, though :)

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Updated to v0.31 a few days early. Let me know if you guys find bugs. Because of the holidays coming up, I wanted to give myself some extra time to unfuck things before the next update. Feedback always welcome

Wayne

Life's pretty Straight without twisties
Donor
Nov 16, 2016
mm Might want to change the title to Yaoi Paradise or something because straight would Be misleading

Nov 9, 2017
mm Might want to change the title to Yaoi Paradise or something because straight would Be misleading
Doesn't come off like Yaoi to me. Neither guy is long or slender enough

Edit: Found a typo. During the peeking scene at night, it says "All I can see if the shadow of his pubic hair". Should change that "if" to an "is"

Last edited:
Reactions: Leotwo

JohnJameson

Jan 19, 2017
Why i see this thread? I marked this topic as ignored a month ago. Today, I opened everything in the "Last Updates". Among other topics I see this one. It is necessary to screw the filter, that would "Last updates" considered ignored by those.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017

Edit: Found a typo. During the peeking scene at night, it says "All I can see if the shadow of his pubic hair". Should change that "if" to an "is"
Agreed that it's not yaoi by any stretch of the imagination. The title Straight?! was selected for specific reasons. 1) There's a question mark in the title, suggesting ambiguity or confusion about the title or potentially one's orientation. 2) I'm avoiding classic "gay" stereotypes. Thus, you can have "straight" acting characters that happen to have a different orientation. "Gay" doesn't have to be an entire predetermined lifestyle. It's the fluidity of sexuality. That things don't necessarily fit into simple categories.

Fenric, nice catch on the typo. Thanks :)

Reactions: Fenric Andrias

elleo

Nov 18, 2017

Agreed that it's not yaoi by any stretch of the imagination. The title Straight?! was selected for specific reasons. 1) There's a question mark in the title, suggesting ambiguity or confusion about the title or potentially one's orientation. 2) I'm avoiding classic "gay" stereotypes. Thus, you can have "straight" acting characters that happen to have a different orientation. "Gay" doesn't have to be an entire predetermined lifestyle. It's the fluidity of sexuality. That things don't necessarily fit into simple categories.

Fenric, nice catch on the typo. Thanks :)
actually the genre is Shōnen Ai with Yaoi (BL)

Is just a Japanese, western term for it.
Shōnen Ai =romantic relationship B x B
yaoi = erotic images (graphic/written) representation)) B x B

to:
1)Is it more about Braden? (Straight?!)
2)I agree with you, I think I understand what you mean.

Nov 9, 2017
actually the genre is Shōnen Ai with Yaoi (BL)

Is just a Japanese, western term for it.
Shōnen Ai =romantic relationship B x B
yaoi = erotic images (graphic/written) representation)) B x B

to:
1)Is it more about Braden? (Straight?!)
2)I agree with you, I think I understand what you mean.
Technically true but there's two things you forgot.

1) Most guys in Yaoi are more on the younger side while also being tall and extremely slender to the point of waifishness.
2) Yaoi is typically aimed at japanese females as an audience.

Neither of those things I feel apply to this game

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes