VN Ren'Py Straight!? [Revamp v0.10.1] [Aaryn]

4.90 star(s) 49 Votes

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
I'm definitely interested in trying this game, I haven't found too many with a centralized gay theme, if anyone has more suggestions it would be appreciated; though I want ones that have something of a story, I'm not too fond of strictly sex with the barest hint of a scenario.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
So, I'm straight (no pun intended) but I downloaded your game as one of new titles and lack of the old ones I usually follow. Writing is the most important thing to me and you're pretty good. Of course, it's too early to see a real quality of the story.
Only thing that somehow didn't feel right (for me) is Zack's look - that 3-day-beard look makes him much older than he shoudl be, but that's just my opinion.
Good luck! I'll be glad to check how your story developes.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
So, I'm straight (no pun intended) but I downloaded your game as one of new titles and lack of the old ones I usually follow. Writing is the most important thing to me and you're pretty good. Of course, it's too early to see a real quality of the story.
Only thing that somehow didn't feel right (for me) is Zack's look - that 3-day-beard look makes him much older than he shoudl be, but that's just my opinion.
Good luck! I'll be glad to check how your story developes.
Hey Vir_cotto,
Thanks for the feedback. I'm still working on the look of the main character. Honestly, I'm surprised no one has pointed out there's actually 2 different versions of him in the game. My first version, seen earlier in the game, was a different model and had blue eyes. The later version is a little darker skinned but has more rounded features. I thought the original model was too "edgy" for my taste. I'm still working on redoing some of the earlier CGs for the v0.2 update but I doubt I get them all in.

Honestly, I wanted a bit of contrast in these characters. While I'm using similiar base models that other games have used (Max mostly), I wanted to do a few changes that would set these characters visually apart from other games. I didn't want players to feel like they were playing Max on this game. The beard and scruffy look was one subtle change that I felt would make a major difference to the one model. Additionally, I felt like it would set the 2 main characters apart visually during close-ups. Just my logic behind the beard... :)

I appreciate you checking out the game and taking time to post your thoughts. I'll keep things in mind. If the beard is too much, we could always shave him later :p

Reactions: vir_cotto

lynx33

Jun 7, 2017
I dig that someone tried this. Hopefully this paves the way for the MMF bisex-game I really want someone to make someday.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I dig that someone tried this. Hopefully this paves the way for the MMF bisex-game I really want someone to make someday.
I feel the same way. I figured even if my game sucks, hopefully it may motivate others with more talent to make something better

Reactions: Dixon Butz
Nov 9, 2017
Any word on an update to this? As a gay man who has to play str8 games to get his fill of toon cock, I've frankly seen more than enough pussy than I care for (I've seen more pussy than a pet store).

j35u5

May 23, 2017
Any word on an update to this? As a gay man who has to play str8 games to get his fill of toon cock, I've frankly seen more than enough pussy than I care for (I've seen more pussy than a pet store).
If you check his patreon:
v0.2 was released at the start of this month. Unless you become a patron yourself, or aaryn makes previous versions of the game free, I don't think you'll see the game for a while.
The demand outweighs the supply for alternative genres of adult games like gay ones...I feel your pain my friend

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
If you check his patreon:
v0.2 was released at the start of this month. Unless you become a patron yourself, or aaryn makes previous versions of the game free, I don't think you'll see the game for a while.
The demand outweighs the supply for alternative genres of adult games like gay ones...I feel your pain my friend
Heya,
So yes: v0.2 has been out since 11/1. I'm currently working on v0.3. This is a learning process for me so the early update was a bit slow. According to my Patreon, I had originally planned to release each version for free 4 weeks after it hit Patreon. I'm currently under strong consideration to changing this down to 3 weeks. Thus, I plan to release v0.2 for free here in a week or 2. To clarify, all versions of the game will be free... you just have to wait a few weeks after the paying peeps.

Basically, the hold up was I had not even started v0.2 when I posted it on here. Originally, I was looking for feedback from the community before starting significant work on v0.2. The other hold-up was that once I got v0.2 done, I released it on my Patreon and wanted to make it worth the while for those who supported me on there. Updates should be more regular now that the Patreon is up and running.

I plan to post it, myself, on here when I do the free release. So like a week or two.

P.S. I promise it won't have pussy in it :p

Nov 9, 2017
Heya,
So yes: v0.2 has been out since 11/1. I'm currently working on v0.3. This is a learning process for me so the early update was a bit slow. According to my Patreon, I had originally planned to release each version for free 4 weeks after it hit Patreon. I'm currently under strong consideration to changing this down to 3 weeks. Thus, I plan to release v0.2 for free here in a week or 2. To clarify, all versions of the game will be free... you just have to wait a few weeks after the paying peeps.

Basically, the hold up was I had not even started v0.2 when I posted it on here. Originally, I was looking for feedback from the community before starting significant work on v0.2. The other hold-up was that once I got v0.2 done, I released it on my Patreon and wanted to make it worth the while for those who supported me on there. Updates should be more regular now that the Patreon is up and running.

I plan to post it, myself, on here when I do the free release. So like a week or two.

P.S. I promise it won't have pussy in it :p
That's good to hear. If I can make a suggestion, if you're not going to have sex happen right away than put some more eye candy into the game or maybe an MC masturbation scene in at some point (perhaps with him fantasizing over the love interest who's name I forgot at the moment)

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
That's good to hear. If I can make a suggestion, if you're not going to have sex happen right away than put some more eye candy into the game or maybe an MC masturbation scene in at some point (perhaps with him fantasizing over the love interest who's name I forgot at the moment)
Hey Fenic,
I've actually thought about this. Reason I haven't done it is because I wanted to move the story forward (essentially in the direction of the nudity) and ended up not swaying too far off course. Since I"m new to RenPy, I've been somewhat conservative in my additions so that things do not get too big too fast. This is simply me being a newb. As I get more comfortable, I'm starting to branch out more and get an organizational system going.

Full disclosure: There's no blatant nudity in v.02 but there's more skin. I'm working on v0.3 now and hopefully it will have the beginnings of game nudity. To me, personally, I think it's more of a turn-on having a build-up to the nudity. However, I have considered more nudity with the MC simply because it's technically you so you would be around yourself naked more. If I have time I may drop something quick in v0.3 but I have a few more things that needed completed otherwise shit won't make a lick of sense. You gave me an idea though...I'll see if I have time to throw it in.

j35u5

May 23, 2017
Hey Fenic,
I've actually thought about this. Reason I haven't done it is because I wanted to move the story forward (essentially in the direction of the nudity) and ended up not swaying too far off course. Since I"m new to RenPy, I've been somewhat conservative in my additions so that things do not get too big too fast. This is simply me being a newb. As I get more comfortable, I'm starting to branch out more and get an organizational system going.

Full disclosure: There's no blatant nudity in v.02 but there's more skin. I'm working on v0.3 now and hopefully it will have the beginnings of game nudity. To me, personally, I think it's more of a turn-on having a build-up to the nudity. However, I have considered more nudity with the MC simply because it's technically you so you would be around yourself naked more. If I have time I may drop something quick in v0.3 but I have a few more things that needed completed otherwise shit won't make a lick of sense. You gave me an idea though...I'll see if I have time to throw it in.

Great! I find games that force you to learn more about the characters more enjoyable/ rewarding than just handing you sex scene for free. Hope you add different paths for different characters in the future but i''l be sure to keep my eyes peeled for your content!

Have you chosen whether to change the public release date to 3 or 4 weeks after the patreon release, cause i'm dying over here
keep up the great work !

Last edited:

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Great! I find games that force you to learn more about the characters more enjoyable/ rewarding than just handing you sex scene for free. Hope you add different paths for different characters in the future but i''l be sure to keep my eyes peeled for your content!

Have you chosen whether to change the public release date to 3 or 4 weeks after the patreon release, cause i'm dyimng over here
keep up the great work !
Lol. I'm flattered by your anxiety and hopefully the wait will be worth the expectations. I'll be posting v02 within the next few days. Probably a bit early because I'll be tied up through the holiday (not literally). I'll probably be doing the 3 week rather than 4 week free edition in the future.

I really want to add different paths...like really want to. But I dont feel comfortable in my ability to code the game yet. Thus, I'd rather do one route right and learn as I go than have 5 fucked up ones that are half-assed.

I also have something in mind for more character development for those that want it but it won't go in until probably v04. I'll be posting more about this on the Patreon site to get input.

I appreciate your excitement :)

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Updated and posted v0.2. Please let me know if any of the links are broken

I did some work over the past weekend and you may be interested in seeing v03 when I get it released...just sayin :p

Reactions: Nalassa

american

Apr 24, 2017
M on M is not my cup of tea or Bisexual male but each there on and true most guy love see F on F or bisexual female because it make that feel always macho and to come and show M on M or bisexual Male is hard for alot of male to deal with but myself I see nothing wrong with Idea and love the way you keep the creative art going and leave new ideas come in light and enjoyed the site for this reason Keep up good work and be respect for other idea even if it is not your thing and slaute the creator of this game to keep in his/her creative ideas

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Nope. And no "end of content" warning. So player could grind, grind,grind,grind,grind,grind,grind,grind,grind,grind,grind,grind and still shit, no more scenes.
There's a warning in the change log for that. This version was somewhat of a transition. Basically, I didn't want to waste code on an ending that would be removed. v03 has a clear ending again because, I agree, I don't want people to grind for no reason.

any fucking on this game yet?
There won't be any fucking for a very long time.

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
There's a warning in the change log for that. This version was somewhat of a transition. Basically, I didn't want to waste code on an ending that would be removed. v03 has a clear ending again because, I agree, I don't want people to grind for no reason.

There won't be any fucking for a very long time.
Delayed fucking is good for erotic part of story.

Reactions: Aaryn

nigelation

Apr 28, 2017
This game has definitely got my attention since there isn't that many gay games on here and as far as I'm concerned any holes a goal and it's only gay if the balls touch

4.90 star(s) 49 Votes