RPGM Story of Ivy [v0.3.0] [AdultNest]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

moonblackhen

Jan 25, 2022
Decided to give version 0.3.0 a try. First impressions are pretty bad: Lots of typos in the text, unlikeable characters (the few I have seen so far), can't talk to Bonny outside of events, and a game-breaking bug after entering the magic world:
IveBug1.png
Every time I interact with that event I get another robe, but the event does not go away, so I am stuck there with no way to leave or move forward.

Like I said, pretty bad first impression, so I am done. Might give the game another go in a few months. Good luck and please work on the Quest Log to make it more useful.

AdultNest

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2019
Decided to give version 0.3.0 a try. First impressions are pretty bad: Lots of typos in the text, unlikeable characters (the few I have seen so far), can't talk to Bonny outside of events, and a game-breaking bug after entering the magic world:
View attachment 3558243
Every time I interact with that event I get another robe, but the event does not go away, so I am stuck there with no way to leave or move forward.

Like I said, pretty bad first impression, so I am done. Might give the game another go in a few months. Good luck and please work on the Quest Log to make it more useful.
Guess I broke that one by accident, fix will be out later today (right now no longer at home and at my parents)

The game itself also is in very early stages, so stuff like what to do with bonny is not yet part of the actual game.

Feel free to report typos etc. at every point you discover them and I will fix them in the next release.

Reactions: Tinus Tushy

moonblackhen

Jan 25, 2022
Feel free to report typos etc. at every point you discover them and I will fix them in the next release.
Sorry, but no. Reporting typos is something I would do for a game I like, but this one made such a bad first impression that I already deleted it.

One final suggestion from me: Give some direction to the player beyond telling them that the free roam section starts now. This is important in a game that is early in development and thus has little actual content.

AdultNest

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2019
Sorry, but no. Reporting typos is something I would do for a game I like, but this one made such a bad first impression that I already deleted it.
Guess don't complain then, this is literally a free game, created for free with no intention for sales, commercialization or anything those patreon milkers do.
(Aka: Take it or leave it)

Last edited:

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
about 0.4
1. In the park, there's a portal to some location where I find myself stuck,
2. When I visit the city hall on day 2, and I want to go to the office to work, the game says that I should speak with the receptionist first. But he only says: "Hello Ivy", and I can't pass.

Reactions: AdultNest

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
AdultNest, I am liking this cute game a lot. Ivy is such a cutie and I should know because I am CutieLvr. Who would know better than me? I was disappointed when she stumbled into the castle and an error turned up. But, I found your 3.2 and that fixed it up nicely. Will Ivy get involved with turn-based combat at some point? I love to see her able to be corrupted. I would love to see her having to work in a bar or tavern wearing something slutty and having to deal with handsy drunk customers. Either in her real-world or the fantasy-world, or both. (my favorite corruption scenario, unless she gets to play with Mom).
I will be looking forward to your next update. Don't fret about the guys complaining about misspells, I'm happy just being able to read your story and the misspelling doesn't detract from the game one bit. At least it isn't MTL.

Reactions: ronan333

sarashi

May 4, 2018
My ideas would be perhaps to add some content where she would earn a little bit of money by tutoring some children regardless of their gender.
of course as for sexuel content in this regard i would suggest that the shota-looking boys try to grope her or something for fun.

other than that perhaps taking care of some dogs and go with them for a walk as a way to earn money and earn the trust of others around the town.
last one would be to jog around the park , in case there is one and earn some pervy looks from the guys that are there maybe and get little by little bolder from the constant stares

ronan333

Jan 23, 2020
AdultNest, I am liking this cute game a lot. Ivy is such a cutie and I should know because I am CutieLvr. Who would know better than me? I was disappointed when she stumbled into the castle and an error turned up. But, I found your 3.2 and that fixed it up nicely. Will Ivy get involved with turn-based combat at some point? I love to see her able to be corrupted. I would love to see her having to work in a bar or tavern wearing something slutty and having to deal with handsy drunk customers. Either in her real-world or the fantasy-world, or both. (my favorite corruption scenario, unless she gets to play with Mom).
I will be looking forward to your next update. Don't fret about the guys complaining about misspells, I'm happy just being able to read your story and the misspelling doesn't detract from the game one bit. At least it isn't MTL.
Again we are on the same page Cutie; waitress jobs with the MC getting molested and corrupted is one of my favorite things. Now we just need the obligatory photographer who just has to have her model for him, a bath house to fall asleep in, or a chance mishap after wandering into the slums after dark. I'll take any of those; look forward to the next update.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CutieLvr

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
Again we are on the same page Cutie; waitress jobs with the MC getting molested and corrupted is one of my favorite things. Now we just need the obligatory photographer who just has to have her model for him, a bath house to fall asleep in, or a chance mishap after wandering into the slums after dark. I'll take any of those; look forward to the next update.

Aaahh, my brother, ronan333, man, I love the wandering into the slums, especially. Let's hope that these ideas inspire the dev. Looking forward to the next update.

Reactions: ronan333

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
AdultNest, I found The Grunting Pig, I am extremely hopeful that Ivy will get to work there serving the drunks and having to deal with them being very friendly and handsy with her. She is encouraged to wear skimpy outfits and to even flirt back with the customers. I see you have plans for a gloryhole (I think I'm ready to bare your next child). I love that there are so many tables in the Pig, so she will be kept pretty busy. Should make a lot of money. I love that she can move around without underwear (overrated, lol).
So excited for the next update. Any idea as to when?

AdultNest

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2019
AdultNest, I found The Grunting Pig, I am extremely hopeful that Ivy will get to work there serving the drunks and having to deal with them being very friendly and handsy with her. She is encouraged to wear skimpy outfits and to even flirt back with the customers. I see you have plans for a gloryhole (I think I'm ready to bare your next child). I love that there are so many tables in the Pig, so she will be kept pretty busy. Should make a lot of money. I love that she can move around without underwear (overrated, lol).
So excited for the next update. Any idea as to when?
It is done when it is done.

For the next update, the biggest hurdle will be figuring out how to do the "jobbing", as I do not really enjoy the idea of not having to do anything here but RPG maker being rather... Limiting in its nature.

I might have to write a specialized plugin just for jobs... And that already annoys me

Then I have to think of new scenes, generally speaking story content etc.
I do try to get an update out every month or two tho, so... We will see

• Red Heart

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
It is done when it is done.

For the next update, the biggest hurdle will be figuring out how to do the "jobbing", as I do not really enjoy the idea of not having to do anything here but RPG maker being rather... Limiting in its nature.

I might have to write a specialized plugin just for jobs... And that already annoys me

Then I have to think of new scenes, generally speaking story content etc.
I do try to get an update out every month or two tho, so... We will see
Hey man, sorry. Don't stress out about it. Just do it the way you want. We are enjoying what you are doing. It was just suggestions. But, you do you, friend.

AdultNest

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2019
Hey man, sorry. Don't stress out about it. Just do it the way you want. We are enjoying what you are doing. It was just suggestions. But, you do you, friend.
Was not meant to be rude, just the general info

Won't nail myself on a date or estimate :)

It all depends on how much time I can spend on this project in the coming month

• Red Heart

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
I don't know why you think about Barbie - when I see the MC I think of the 1960 series Thunderbirds .....

I think the 'release' is a bit early - not really much content, to much narration instead of dialog (for example about the PC) and the quest permanent in a corner on top of the screen until solved is annoying. I have problems to say it is a release because of missing content. I can read and remember what to do for the few minutes I need to. I prefer to check a quest by myself when I need to maybe after update or a longer pause playing. Don't need someone to wave a flag because of having dementia.

Reactions: AdultNest

AdultNest

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2019
I don't know why you think about Barbie - when I see the MC I think of the 1960 series Thunderbirds .....

I think the 'release' is a bit early - not really much content, to much narration instead of dialog (for example about the PC) and the quest permanent in a corner on top of the screen until solved is annoying. I have problems to say it is a release because of missing content. I can read and remember what to do for the few minutes I need to. I prefer to check a quest by myself when I need to maybe after update or a longer pause playing. Don't need someone to wave a flag because of having dementia.
I see that you would like to be able to disable the quest hint ;)
Will make sure it can be done next release (given I remember to write it into my notepad when I am back home)

As I wrote, release is early to gain feedback early. It will grow slowly, but I need to create systems for that, which is the tuffest thing
Eg. Creating new scenes is rather simple and most work is adding new clothing (something that tends to break when I fix things up... As visible with the robe) or implementing a narrative for it

TLDR: yes it is early, but I never claimed anything else and I go down a path of a systemic approach to everything

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
I can be in the real world, and do nothing there. The patch at least fixed that I can enter the fantasy world properly, but after I bought the clothes there, I can do nothing there anymore.

I can be in the real world, and also do nothing there. The patch fixed that I can enter the city hall, but I can't do another working day there.

In the fantasy world Ivy can be pantyless, but in the real world she's too shy for that.

Is there a way to fix the computer already? I'm trying to get Jeff to help me, but when I try to go to his room, Ivy feels that she shouldn't disturb him.

I discovered the sex shop but, again, nothing to do there.

Have I seen all content now, or did I miss anything? If so, how do I progress the game?

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote