• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Favourite characters? (Choose all that you like)

• Total voters

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
i'm not sure Atemsiel will come up with a solution that doesn't alienate a portion of the player base.
some people will always be pissy unless a game goes exactly like they want it (to varying degrees) and that goes double when a "dubious" thing like the collars get involved. i am not 100% sure on the collar lore but shouldn't most of it be able to be toggleable? Sort of the same dynamic we have now with forced punishments where yes you could collar a girl but then not influence when she cums or whatever. Honestly though even that would alienate some people despite it sounding reasonable to a pure boi like me

Vibesy

Nov 19, 2023
some people will always be pissy unless a game goes exactly like they want it (to varying degrees) and that goes double when a "dubious" thing like the collars get involved. i am not 100% sure on the collar lore but shouldn't most of it be able to be toggleable? Sort of the same dynamic we have now with forced punishments where yes you could collar a girl but then not influence when she cums or whatever. Honestly though even that would alienate some people despite it sounding reasonable to a pure boi like me
My memory is hazy about how this works (which is strange since I just did a complete new playthrough for the recent update) but I thought the point of the collars was to increase the horniness of the girls while blocking orgasms unless the MC provides the release. Otherwise, the girls could just offset the effects of the collar by masturbating all day, which would defeat the purpose.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
My memory is hazy about how this works (which is strange since I just did a complete new playthrough for the recent update) but I thought the point of the collars was to increase the horniness of the girls while blocking orgasms unless the MC provides the release. Otherwise, the girls could just offset the effects of the collar by masturbating all day, which would defeat the purpose.
But we don't know if the MC has to say press a button for them to get release or it's automatic unless MC changes something do we? The previous magistrate and both the other people running for it against us would happily make use of the collars as instructed, MC is throwing a wrench in their plans (so to speak) by being on the girls side.

In universe it would be kind of silly for MC to have to manually say "yes you can cum" every single time one of the 10+ girls tries to cum (assuming you collar everyone like the scary shadow guys want you to) and in a meta sense like I said years worth of time/effort has gone into making the romance/good and bdsm/dom/slave routes have legitimate differences it would be a financially poor decision to 3-4 years (of game development) to completely remove the vanilla options.

I mean hell even future updates about Olivia have been confirmed to have a "not interested option" (you can tell her dad you don't want to start her route at all basically). If collars (and being """bad"""") become mandatory the choice given this update is pointless.

Vibesy

Nov 19, 2023
But we don't know if the MC has to say press a button for them to get release or it's automatic unless MC changes something do we? The previous magistrate and both the other people running for it against us would happily make use of the collars as instructed, MC is throwing a wrench in their plans (so to speak) by being on the girls side.

In universe it would be kind of silly for MC to have to manually say "yes you can cum" every single time one of the 10+ girls tries to cum (assuming you collar everyone like the scary shadow guys want you to) and in a meta sense like I said years worth of time/effort has gone into making the romance/good and bdsm/dom/slave routes have legitimate differences it would be a financially poor decision to 3-4 years (of game development) to completely remove the vanilla options.

I mean hell even future updates about Olivia have been confirmed to have a "not interested option" (you can tell her dad you don't want to start her route at all basically). If collars (and being """bad"""") become mandatory the choice given this update is pointless.
The romance options obviously won't be removed since that is what attracts the majority of players. I was just curious how Atemsiel would deal with it going forward with all the reminders and emphasis on using the collars. And we are all playing the same MC who happily consulted the dog training manuals to devise his personal rules for implementing the GATDAM system. It's not like we had any choice with that. And he is being dosed with agro drugs. That would seem to create some obstacles to remaining vanilla & lovey dovey in this game.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
The romance options obviously won't be removed since that is what attracts the majority of players. I was just curious how Atemsiel would deal with it going forward with all the reminders and emphasis on using the collars. And we are all playing the same MC who happily consulted the dog training manuals to devise his personal rules for implementing the GATDAM system. It's not like we had any choice with that. And he is being dosed with agro drugs. That would seem to create some obstacles to remaining vanilla & lovey dovey in this game.
The "aggro" drugs already have a reduced effect on a "good path". In my playthrough the only thing they've done is make the screen have a red tint for like a single render and then the everything is back to normal. Where if you are "bad" it's already having you show increased aggression.

I still don't see a reason why the collars need to be treated any differently than the forced punishments you have to do. Did the MC purchase that specific training book of his own volition or was it provided for him? The shadowy people were not expecting someone to not be a rapey asshole about the collars, they figured that whoever took the job would be keen on instantly controlling the girls getting them on all slaves route etc.

There is also another group that have just recently come into play that are likely opposed to whatever group is making the collars (they are sneaking around the school and clearly doing things that the school/shadow group didnt apporve of, which is another sign that you will be able to opposed the idea of collars.

A fair bit of the romance options would disappear. Hikari wouldn't want to be her boyfriend (you emotionally manipulate her and then collar her for basically no reason), Akemi would (rightfully) hate you for lying and manipulating her sister, Olivia would still be Olivia, Sasha would have trouble trusting you with ghost hunting. Cassie would stop talking to you when you turned her friend to a a borderline slave because she almost raped. Hell if any of the girls talk to each other they'll all know you are the same level as the creepy teacher (arguably much worse) :KEK:

I've given you multiple ways that the story could go in both overarching "story direction/drama"(MC vs Shadow group, MC x new group vs shadow group, MC vs new group vs shadow group) and interpersonal drama (MC having to collar but then CHOOSE not to use it/how the girls react to that etc) as well as example as to why it would silly both financially and from a story (both in lore and overall game design reasons) all while showing that content that hasn't even made it into the game yet will still follow the option of "the player will choose". Not to mention none of the girls out of school stuff (Sasha ghost hunting/Olivia Bodyguarding so far) would take place because they wouldn't want to be around you unless they were absolutely forced too

If you can't see how the dev could work both "good" and "bad" into the game you either are
1. Someone who hasnt played the game and seen that there is very different content on each side both in entire scenes and especially in dialog (which fits with you only having played the route you did but still saying "x is always the case")
2. You don't want there to be "good" stuff and this is all in bad faith
3. You want to troll

I put those in order of likelihood but regardless there is no point in us further conversing you've made your point that you don't see how it could deviate from what you have in your head but have refused to engage in any way with any of the ideas I offered.

Last edited:

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
What aggro drugs?
I don't really recall exactly what they are (the other person called them aggro drugs) but there is some reason the MC is having some sort of medical stuff which is presenting differently based on your choices. In game (for me) it was represented by the edges and side of the screen going red for a second while MC said he had a headache. However for some it's having them act more aggressively (from what I've read)

Last edited:

Vibesy

Nov 19, 2023
The "aggro" drugs already have a reduced effect on a "good path". In my playthrough the only thing they've done is make the screen have a red tint for like a single render and then the everything is back to normal. Where if you are "bad" it's already having you show increased aggression.

I still don't see a reason why the collars need to be treated any differently than the forced punishments you have to do. Did the MC purchase that specific training book of his own volition or was it provided for him? The shadowy people were not expecting someone to not be a rapey asshole about the collars, they figured that whoever took the job would be keen on instantly controlling the girls getting them on all slaves route etc.

There is also another group that have just recently come into play that are likely opposed to whatever group is making the collars (they are sneaking around the school and clearly doing things that the school/shadow group didnt apporve of, which is another sign that you will be able to opposed the idea of collars.

A fair bit of the romance options would disappear. Hikari wouldn't want to be her boyfriend (you emotionally manipulate her and then collar her for basically no reason), Akemi would (rightfully) hate you for lying and manipulating her sister, Olivia would still be Olivia, Sasha would have trouble trusting you with ghost hunting. Cassie would stop talking to you when you turned her friend to a a borderline slave because she almost raped. Hell if any of the girls talk to each other they'll all know you are the same level as the creepy teacher (arguably much worse) :KEK:

I've given you multiple ways that the story could go in both overarching "story direction/drama"(MC vs Shadow group, MC x new group vs shadow group, MC vs new group vs shadow group) and interpersonal drama (MC having to collar but then CHOOSE not to use it/how the girls react to that etc) as well as example as to why it would silly both financially and from a story (both in lore and overall game design reasons) all while showing that content that hasn't even made it into the game yet will still follow the option of "the player will choose". Not to mention none of the girls out of school stuff (Sasha ghost hunting/Olivia Bodyguarding so far) would take place because they wouldn't want to be around you unless they were absolutely forced too

If you can't see how the dev could work both "good" and "bad" into the game you either are
1. Someone who hasnt played the game and seen that there is very different content on each side both in entire scenes and especially in dialog (which fits with you only having played the route you did but still saying "x is always the case")
2. You don't want there to be "good" stuff and this is all in bad faith
3. You want to troll

I put those in order of likelihood but regardless there is no point in us further conversing you've made your point that you don't see how it could deviate from what you have in your head but have refused to engage in any way with any of the ideas I offered.
Like I said, I'll be interested in seeing how Atemsiel handles it going forward.

Vibesy

Nov 19, 2023
What aggro drugs?
We know from the cliffhanger in the previous update (v22.06) that the MC has been dosed with a drug- the girl who is watching him from outside says that he is starting to show signs of increased aggression and is cautioned about dosing him again:

"Radio", "And his symptoms?

"???", "Present, and developing within the normal timeframe.

???", "His personality seems to be shifting towards the harsher side. Though it's not a steady shift. His behavior is becoming somewhat inconsistent."

Radio", "To be expected, given the dosage."

"???", "It's unclear whether the symptoms will develop further or not. I intend to keep a close eye."

And in the latest update, if you play the Sasha slave path, the MC basically loses his shit with the screen flashing red and where he can barely control his anger even before he makes it to the basement.

So is the MC under the effects of this drug in all paths or not? What is canon here?

Juerhullycin

Feb 4, 2024
We know from the cliffhanger in the previous update (v22.06) that the MC has been dosed with a drug- the girl who is watching him from outside says that he is starting to show signs of increased aggression and is cautioned about dosing him again:

"Radio", "And his symptoms?

"???", "Present, and developing within the normal timeframe.

???", "His personality seems to be shifting towards the harsher side. Though it's not a steady shift. His behavior is becoming somewhat inconsistent."

Radio", "To be expected, given the dosage."

"???", "It's unclear whether the symptoms will develop further or not. I intend to keep a close eye."

And in the latest update, if you play the Sasha slave path, the MC basically loses his shit with the screen flashing red and where he can barely control his anger even before he makes it to the basement.

So is the MC under the effects of this drug in all paths or not? What is canon here?
thanks for the explanation now that you reminded my i remember that stuff, but im not playing the slave route so i wasnt sure what they even talked about.

ScyTheFox

Apr 8, 2021
True. But you wouldn't know that until you played the scene. The MC might just be looking at it as a way to romance Akemi, which is how I played it in my mind. I didn't want to punish Hikari, but it was an excellent opportunity to get a sex scene with her bitchy sister, Akemi- then the MC proceeds to dominate Akemi both physically and mentally, which surprised me.
Well considering the circumstances of how the scene with Akemi came about, i doubt the MC did it to get closer to her in a romantic manner. For me it rather felt like he wanted to teach her a lesson and wipe that smirk off her face... or maybe he was just horny, what do i know :D Also the scene neither has a romance tag nor any other.

Vibesy

Nov 19, 2023
thanks for the explanation now that you reminded my i remember that stuff, but im not playing the slave route so i wasnt sure what they even talked about.
Right, but that's where things get complicated because the paths are not mutually exclusive. For example, I have some of the girls on Romance path, with others on Slave or Sub. And the result feels schizophrenic and quite jarring with the MC exploding with almost uncontrolled anger with one girl, but perfectly normal with another. And I guess if you are exclusively on the Romance paths the drug supposedly has almost no visible impact. It's a bit odd that the drug could somehow have different effects based on how you want to treat the girls.

Juerhullycin

Feb 4, 2024
Right, but that's where things get complicated because the paths are not mutually exclusive. For example, I have some of the girls on Romance path, with others on Slave or Sub. And the result feels schizophrenic and quite jarring with the MC exploding with almost uncontrolled anger with one girl, but perfectly normal with another. And I guess if you are exclusively on the Romance paths the drug supposedly has almost no visible impact. It's a bit odd that the drug could somehow have different effects based on how you want to treat the girls.
i mix romance and submission paths but i never noticed anything ^^

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
We know from the cliffhanger in the previous update (v22.06) that the MC has been dosed with a drug- the girl who is watching him from outside says that he is starting to show signs of increased aggression and is cautioned about dosing him again

There is a path split (based on who you spent the night with) when the girl shows up speaking in Russian.

If Hikari is in the room I believe she says along the lines that their "plan" might have a chance I don't recall a conversation about the dosing.

This makes sense because you can't get Hikari in your room that night without selecting all the "good" options which would run counter to MC having increased aggression etc.

On the same save on Sasha romance path there is no increased aggression nor an instance of the screen flashing red nor does MC get mad at a random student for watching them/getting off (he doesn't see them or anything hut he does get a notification)

Edit: the drug making more aggressive should you show aggression makes perfect sense? It's not magically creating "agression" in MC head it's increasing the amount already there which is why MC isn't randomly hulking out in normal conversation (despite having a noticeably higher "aggression level")

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
It's been pretty fun reading through all the theories that people have regarding what's going on with MC and his changing behaviour. I'm not gonna confirm things one way or the other, as it will be answered in game at some point, but I do want to clarify one thing.

At no point will a romance player be railroaded into playing a slave MC. The game will not be trying to justify fucking up the playthroughs of romance players due to some story stuff outside of the player's control. I said you could choose how to treat each girl, and I meant that. (At least the main 7)

If the player ever has to collar one of the romance girls (Which isn't something I have planned, but it's not totally ruled out), I expect his response to this would be to find some way to get her out of it. This isn't likely to happen any time soon though, if at all. (If nothing else because scenes where girls are wearing collars take longer to make, as I usually have to make a collar version, and a non collar version of each render.)

Vibesy

Nov 19, 2023
There is a path split (based on who you spent the night with) when the girl shows up speaking in Russian.

If Hikari is in the room I believe she says along the lines that their "plan" might have a chance I don't recall a conversation about the dosing.

This makes sense because you can't get Hikari in your room that night without selecting all the "good" options which would run counter to MC having increased aggression etc.

On the same save on Sasha romance path there is no increased aggression nor an instance of the screen flashing red nor does MC get mad at a random student for watching them/getting off (he doesn't see them or anything hut he does get a notification)

Edit: the drug making more aggressive should you show aggression makes perfect sense? It's not magically creating "agression" in MC head it's increasing the amount already there which is why MC isn't randomly hulking out in normal conversation (despite having a noticeably higher "aggression level")
Which gets back to what I was saying. Which is canon? And what happens when you mix the paths? And how does the same drug administered to the same MC have totally different impacts? At that point it's like two different MCs, one of whom is largely immune to the drug. And if you are gonna do that, does that mean GATDAM requirements will be totally different depending on path? Do Romance path girls still need to be obedient, or is that only required if they are on the slave path? It kinda seems the overriding plot is starting to breakdown in contact with the various girl paths.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Which gets back to what I was saying. Which is canon? And what happens when you mix the paths? And how does the same drug administered to the same MC have totally different impacts? At that point it's like two different MCs, one of whom is largely immune to the drug. And if you are gonna do that, does that mean GATDAM requirements will be totally different depending on path? Do Romance path girls still need to be obedient, or is that only required if they are on the slave path? It kinda seems the overriding plot is starting to breakdown in contact with the various girl paths.
as far as this discussion goes its canon that MC was dosed/there is something going on changing how he acts. To me it seems like the drug INCREASES feelings of aggression where you seem to think it is creating them out of nowhere. In my game MC has not felt aggressive at all so the drug has nothing to increase while on the slave route he feels a small amount of aggression which the drug than makes more intense. Nobody has been saying he is immune either something is clearly up when all the edges of the screen go red....

What do you mean the requirements? The MC has no "requirements" related to the system personally and/but he has to "follow" the rules. For example him "punishing" Sasha before he is told explicitly to means that he can just hang out with her in the library for a bit (romance path). MC will still have to "punish" girls he is romancing if a teacher outright demands it (but that punishment can be like hikari's first) so yes the girls still have to be obedient to the teachers, and yes i suppose if MC wanted to he could also abuse his position with someone deep into the romance path but that defeats the purpose of having clear distinct paths.

Edit: the drug/"what's going on with MC and his changing behaviour" working by increasing (not creating) feelings of aggression also explains why sometimes he would seem to blow up on one girl and not the other because he got aggressive with one and not the other

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 80 Votes