SoB Chinese mods

letecikonj

Nov 4, 2017
Don't think it will work.
It's all one rar file split into parts. When I downloaded them sequentially I could get them to open up (ie: open parts 1-5 together or 1-10 together), but could not open single zips unless it was with the group.

Blargh - those 4 are about 15Gbs together. I'm not sure if I can get that much to you in a reasonable amount of time - might be better to just dl the whole pack. I can upload some sample vids/pics from those if it would help. I'll see what I can do.
You can open invidual files of rar but some extractors will bitch if some files are split between parts.

What were using? 7Zip and WinRar allows you to see contents of invidual rar part just make sure its in its own folder.

Also I didnt manage to download single file, it always stops after some time and gives me error :(

sp1ker

Apr 29, 2017
just make sure its in its own folder.
Wow. TIL. This fixed it and allows me to look the files. Thanks for letting me know.

Also got a question: what parts do I need to download to get at least some of the new characters (e.g. mom, aunt Nina, Rada and Lizaveta)?
Mom: Part 10 (2Gb), Part 11 (4Gb), Part 12 (500Mb)
Nina: Part 12 (3Gb)
Rada: Part 12 (600Mb), Part 13 (2.8Gb)
Lizavetta: Part 6 (2.4Gb) Part 7 (900Mb)

Reactions: BearBears

tc23emp

Nov 10, 2017
I made torrents for the unpacked files. I think this makes more sense in the long run since they are the same size unpacked and you can selectively download files with the torrent to preview them. I will continue to seed the old torrents until everyone has ample time to complete, but I suggest everyone switch over. You can help seed this new torrent without redownloading the files if you put the extracted files in place and run a recheck. I renamed the exe files because I don't want to be responsible for noobs running them. I wouldn't recommend running them at all. You can just use the assets in a working version of SOB in English.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

jmsm1

Jul 16, 2017
i have started downloading some of western julia files. For some reason when i replace the original file with the nwe one, i get a black screen on the game, altought it doesn't crash. I can't also open it with firefox browser i get an error of no valid video found. Do i need to update something on my computer?

tc23emp

Nov 10, 2017
There is a thread in the same Chinese forum that has something from their modding group with a 0.26 update, but the post says you "You need 2.00C to view this content".

Dekix

Donor
Sep 30, 2016
I made torrents for the unpacked files. I think this makes more sense in the long run since they are the same size unpacked and you can selectively download files with the torrent to preview them. I will continue to seed the old torrents until everyone has ample time to complete, but I suggest everyone switch over. You can help seed this new torrent without redownloading the files if you put the extracted files in place and run a recheck. I renamed the exe files because I don't want to be responsible for noobs running them. I wouldn't recommend running them at all. You can just use the assets in a working version of SOB in English.
I've tried to start the game with the START file in the assets folder bu i just get the failure code: 105 which says DESC: CANT LOAD FILE ... any Idea why ?

tc23emp

Nov 10, 2017
I've tried to start the game with the START file in the assets folder bu i just get the failure code: 105 which says DESC: CANT LOAD FILE ... any Idea why ?
The way I recommend starting the game doesn't involve using any of the *.qsp or *.exe files provided by the Chinese modders. I would get a working version of SOB 0.21 or 0.26 with the English-translated Community Edition. Then copy the pic (and mp3) folder into that.

If you want to run the Chinese version despite no one on F95 forums knowing why they modified the game to require additional exe files and an sqlite library (DLL), then I guess if you REALLY know what you are DOING, you can rename the *.exe.unk files in the top directory back to *.exe files.

Dekix

Donor
Sep 30, 2016
The way I recommend starting the game doesn't involve using any of the *.qsp or *.exe files provided by the Chinese modders. I would get a working version of SOB 0.21 or 0.26 with the English-translated Community Edition. Then copy the pic (and mp3) folder into that.

If you want to run the Chinese version despite no one on F95 forums knowing why they modified the game to require additional exe files and an sqlite library (DLL), then I guess if you REALLY know what you are DOING, you can rename the *.exe.unk files in the top directory back to *.exe files.
Ah I see ... ok, thx m8

Dekix

Donor
Sep 30, 2016

ok ... I've another problem xD ...after passing the chinese Start Screen, I cant pass the +18 Screen because i'm not able to click anywhere. can you help again ?

EDIT ... nvm, got it I've also copied the folder SKINS by miskate

michaeljackson

Dec 1, 2018
hey guys,

i am still confused on how to install / setup this mod.
so i downloaded the lastest 0.26 SOB files AND the SOB 0.21 Western.

i read that there are 2 ways of getting the western mod to work (not sure about this!)

- replace the .qsp in the western mod folder with the attached .qsp file on page 3 of this thread

OR

- move the pic folder from the western mod to the 0.26 SOB directory.

can somebody confirm this? which solution works 100%?

EDIT:

I got it to work this way:

dl the SOB 0.26 and the Western SOB 0.21
copy pics and mp3 folder from Western SOB 0.21 to SOB 0.26
dl the .qsp file from page 3
rename the files and enjoy

flinger

May 3, 2017
I got it to work this way:

dl the SOB 0.26 and the Western SOB 0.21
copy pics and mp3 folder from Western SOB 0.21 to SOB 0.26
dl the .qsp file from page 3
rename the files and enjoy
Out of interest how many files did you need to rename?

michaeljackson

Dec 1, 2018
Out of interest how many files did you need to rename?
you mean how many files i need to overwrite? well it was alot. i just dumped all files from Western SOB 0.21 to SOB 0.26.
All .webm files from Western SOB 0.21 have audio. i think that this is the main reason why it has 60 GB.

the only file i renamed was the .qsp data from page 3.

flinger

May 3, 2017
I D/L'ed just the asset folder from the torrent link, I made a copy the original asset folder and then copy and pasted the Chinese files into the copied version over writing all the files of the same name. This way I can move whichever version of the asset files i want to use by simply copy and pasting the respective asset folder in so I can play either version.

Unrealsiege

Nov 15, 2017
I tried both versions and while is fun to see new scenes sadly most of the chinese are censored.
Also like xoxo1001 said not atlot of seeders, myself seeding for 1 month but reaching my cap... shit net :S