joggy

Apr 26, 2018
What is your problem orion ?

1- Extract to desired location.
2- Apply the First Update 3.5.01 then the fix 3.5.02.
3- Select the platform(.exe/SWF/Browser) of your choice to Play!

skriveavis

May 5, 2017
funny. considering the game was a culmination of several people and anyone can pick up the banner and rework it to a more efficient modern version I don't think the game itself is a thing of the past, I think the community around it that caused the cloak and dagger problems that you listed that effectively deter players is a thing of the past. could the game be smaller? yeah probably significantly so. remember Cmacload42 isn't the original creator he was passed the banner and somewhere along the line I think he wanted to drop it and had no one to give it to. I wouldn't be surprised if someone got around to either making a sequel or a new version entirely. but brothel king sadly is not that game, there are plenty of games that come close but drop the ball.

this game has flaws but there has yet to be a game that could effectively replace it.
Is the source code available somewhere?

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
Is the source code available somewhere?
there's an SDK available that allows one to create their own events and characters, one should be able to surmise the source from that :p

& supposedly there's a way of making/accessing a dev mode in the game by making a .txt file called devmode.txt in the path of the exe file not that I know where the path is.

Edit: oh if you trying to recreate the game, the game is kind of broken up into a bunch of small pieces spread out it's pretty modular but extremely bulky, as it's incorporating a mish mash of things. seriously download the game and you'll quickly realize the coding is a beautiful yet functional mess XD so you could probably do it any game engine to make it smaller as long as you manage to recreate some form of easy api to add in new 3rd party content.

Reactions: skriveavis

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
It's bulky because of the way Flash allocates memory space for things. It totals about 27,000+ files and the vast majority of them are images. This bloating unfortunately slows down Flash, even if you set the >2GB flag in CFF Explorer.
I went so far as to remove slaves I don't like, minor slaves that had no purpose or flavour along with their SlaveGirl Entries and list editing so the game wouldn't try to load removed slaves. And still it trundles along.
Let's not forget that there's a lot of half-assed slaves, buggy slaves and slaves that are a hodgepodge of spelling and grammar mistakes.
That last one is a big red flag for me. I enjoy well-written smut.

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
It's bulky because of the way Flash allocates memory space for things. It totals about 27,000+ files and the vast majority of them are images. This bloating unfortunately slows down Flash, even if you set the >2GB flag in CFF Explorer.
I went so far as to remove slaves I don't like, minor slaves that had no purpose or flavour along with their SlaveGirl Entries and list editing so the game wouldn't try to load removed slaves. And still it trundles along.
Let's not forget that there's a lot of half-assed slaves, buggy slaves and slaves that are a hodgepodge of spelling and grammar mistakes.
That last one is a big red flag for me. I enjoy well-written smut.
a there's actually a list of slaves and who created them it's not just the attributed "creator" of the game. I think a good portion of the bulk is not only the fact that it's flash but it's a hodgepodge in general (counting three different kinds of code so far, it just amazes me this functions at all. It's kind of a marvel in coding reminds me a lot on how current Cobol systems look/act ) , it's the only game I've messed with where you have to alter both XML files and .Sol files in order do any meaningful form of progress aceleration. Maybe if it where in Unity or Godot, with a simplified modding API and/or character/npc/slave creation tool. there's some events I'd probably edit cause I personally hate RNG as restricting mechanic for necessary events towards game progress if a game is a certain size/scope, mostly because I find it lazy game development & the fact that it arbitrarily lengthens play which isn't necessarily a good thing when you are racing against a clock/counter.

I'm fine with the overall number of slaves if anything I'd like more I just think what's there needs to be cleaned up, updated etc. a talented programmer could probably get all that's currently there under 2-3 gigs, if they were to completely remake the game from the ground up in a less bulky hodgepodge way.

Edit: Side Note: all slaves have XML files that are easily edited so it's not hard to fix grammar/flavour/lack of use.
Side Note2: I generally disable sounds in these kinds of game mostly because I find it to be grating, as it's often just sound added for the sake of adding sound.
Side Note 3: Substationally reduced the game size by removing alternative language support and unifying image file size & sizes (seriously the image sizes were kind of all over the place)
Side Note 4: got bored edited a bunch of assistants I wanted to keep after training by either increasing their love ending chance or doing some minor event modification. still trying to figure out a work around for removing the bulky SWF stuff.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
(counting three different kinds of code so far, it just amazes me this functions at all. It's kind of a marvel in coding reminds me a lot on how current Cobol systems look/act )
CoBOL? Ugh, I remember having to learn that.

I'm fine with the overall number of slaves if anything I'd like more I just think what's there needs to be cleaned up, updated etc. a talented programmer could probably get all that's currently there under 2-3 gigs, if they were to completely remake the game from the ground up in a less bulky hodgepodge way.
Or if someone would edit the images down to about 90% original quality. But there's just so many of them...

Edit: Side Note: all slaves have XML files that are easily edited so it's not hard to fix grammar/flavour/lack of use.
Side Note2: I generally disable sounds in these kinds of game mostly because I find it to be grating, as it's often just sound added for the sake of adding sound.
Side Note 3: Substationally reduced the game size by removing alternative language support and unifying image file size & sizes (seriously the image sizes were kind of all over the place)
Side Note 4: got bored edited a bunch of assistants I wanted to keep after training by either increasing their love ending chance or doing some minor event modification. still trying to figure out a work around for removing the bulky SWF stuff.
Side Note: Not all of them do. A vast number of them have the text in question being part of the slave data rather than being in the XML so it's more difficult for anyone who can't decompile Flash to make edits. Those lazily made slaves irk me and are only good for money and Skill Points.
Side Note2: Sounds? There aren't many besides low "beep" sounds on clicking a button, moaning loops when someone's getting raped and hit as well as grunt noises when in combat. They don't bother me half as much as they appear to bother you, but to each their own.
Side Note 3: I reduced file size by ditching slaves I knew I'd never use. Unifying image size? I wouldn't have the patience. Kudos to you.
Side Note 4: How did you manage that?

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
Side Note 4: How did you manage that?
xml files and in those there is a category called love/special, you just raise the value to ideal in all honesty not sure where it maxes out at if it's 100-200, as the variable changes when you obtain more skills through what I can only assume is a occurrence that only happens when very specific criteria are met as far as I'm aware. but yeah you can change what the assistant effects, or if you get a slave that can become an assistant you can edit that stuff as well. haven't bothered cracking open any of the swf files to see how incorporated they actually are as pretty much every assistant with a swf has an xml which tells the game to use the swf. yeah no clue on what the swf's are for probably special endings and actions but doesn't explain characters like Saeko Busujima, who have custom events without a swf.

Edit: In all honesty it's become more of a game to see how small I can make the game without removing any of the content.
Side note: maybe I should of looked at what was incorporated into one of the multilingual versions of the xml before deleting them as there is no multilingual Swf.

TheKingCobra

Donor
Dec 6, 2016
@NaoSoul
Sorry if this has been answered but I only skimmed the later pages, I believe you are referring to Sim Brothel Revival (RPG Maker XP). That has Anko in it.

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
part of me still wants to see this done in unity or something and I have the concept of a tool in my head to reduce file sizes and count but not sure it's feasible.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
A Unity port (if handled correctly) would be great. Unity 5 with C# if at all possible. I can't but I too would love to see it happen.

Reactions: Seriosha

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
A Unity port (if handled correctly) would be great. Unity 5 with C# if at all possible. I can't but I too would love to see it happen.
Personally I'd love to put the images in a Jpeg 2000 format but I'm not sure they'd retain the lack of pixels in a png, but if it did it'd quarter image file sizes with limited to no visual distortion. then I'd probably have someone create a tool that places the images in an a grouped archival file format that functions as a single file library.

but I think overall probably get the entire game down to about 3.5 gigs or less while maintaining all of the current content if it was switched over to unity and appropriate changes were made.

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
A snipping of 3GB give or take? That would be awesome.
too bad I lack the programming knowledge to pull it off, I have a rough Idea of what needs to be done and what can be done after digging around the game it's just a matter of working with someone as my background is graphics design and not coding. at least not anything outside of basic.... after following magazine instructions :p

Devvvin

Aug 12, 2017
I just found an old backup of this game on one of my hard drives not two nights ago... Apparently I have the mod that lets you alter stats/money/everything, but not sure if I saw it in this thread or not. If anyone's interested, lemme know and I'll upload a link with it.

I'd download the game to see if it was already included in this, but ya... that's a large file and I have other games I want to download lol

Dunfred

Mar 22, 2018
Can you train more than one slave at a time?
you can get a lot of assistant slaves but why do you need them when you already have an assistant... in my case AndrAla.

i too tried to change a slave purchased at the auction house into a "fully train" slave and had to repurchase her just to find that she still was not a full slave.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Can you train more than one slave at a time?
you can get a lot of assistant slaves but why do you need them when you already have an assistant... in my case AndrAla.

i too tried to change a slave purchased at the auction house into a "fully train" slave and had to repurchase her just to find that she still was not a full slave.
You can "sort-of" train minor slaves alongside normal slaves (Talk To Slaves "Morning" option) and there is a "Fully Train" button but I'm not even sure if this works. Don't know about AndrAIa, she was one of the ones I deleted.

Dunfred

Mar 22, 2018
Bummer.
i was hoping that we could train one slave per assistant trainer. now i see no reason to purchase additional assistant/slaves.

is there anything that uses 30 minutes time? almost every day now starts with 8:30 or 9:30. i cannot get any schooling other than singing or XXX done.

4.00 star(s) 10 Votes