lockhear

Engaged Member
Oct 10, 2017
That was actually my initial idea, and it doesn't involve any DRM.
May I ask why you don't like the idea?
If I may say something to this idea - I probably understand your intensions, but me and maybe others too, don't like applications, which communicate with unknown internet sources/servers behind our back. I believe your intensions are honest, but I don't like that idea of yours.

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
If I may say something to this idea - I probably understand your intensions, but me and maybe others too, don't like applications, which communicate with unknown internet sources/servers behind our back. I believe your intensions are honest, but I don't like that idea of yours.
Hm, valid point.
Didn't cross my mind to see it that way, but yeah ... I do understand your reservations.
I'll give this some more thought. Thanks.

Cheers - Kaffekop

sam1234567

May 5, 2018
still suffering the same issue game loads past unity logo then just stops responding
Indeed I do:

It is fucking hot here IRL.

Cheers - Kaffekop

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
still suffering the same issue game loads past unity logo then just stops responding
click on the black screen several time after the logo goes away, sometimes it will load and sometimes it locks up and have to start again.

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
Hopefully the launcher wont be mandatory
Hm, valid point.
Didn't cross my mind to see it that way, but yeah ... I do understand your reservations.
I'll give this some more thought. Thanks.
Just to add my voice to those dissenting about the launcher.
Another way to deal with this is to optimise your work. I've not seen skunked version of this but maybe @Pepé Le Pew or I think @bossapplesauce does it too, could check it out and see how much could be saved. Or drop them a line and ask how they do it.

sam1234567

May 5, 2018
anyone else suffering from a bug where the images dont show up but the text does and all there is is a black screen?

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Just to add my voice to those dissenting about the launcher.
Another way to deal with this is to optimise your work. I've not seen skunked version of this but maybe @Pepé Le Pew or I think @bossapplesauce does it too, could check it out and see how much could be saved. Or drop them a line and ask how they do it.
I've read this 3 times and still don't know what you're asking me to do? :)

JSF2

Jun 1, 2017
He writes about better compression of images to reduce the download size.
A "skunked" version would even have a loss of quality (resolution) to reduce the download size.

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
I've read this 3 times and still don't know what you're asking me to do? :)
I was suggesting to the dev they think about optimizing their game as a way to avoid implementing a patcher. I thought you had optimized other games in the past.

If so, I was wondering if either you or Pepe could have a look and see how much it could be sensibly reduced by.

I also suggested the dev to get in touch with one of you about techniques in doing it.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
I was suggesting to the dev they think about optimizing their game as a way to avoid implementing a patcher. I thought you had optimized other games in the past.

If so, I was wondering if either you or Pepe could have a look and see how much it could be sensibly reduced by.

I also suggested the dev to get in touch with one of you about techniques in doing it.
Gotcha. Thanks!

Reactions: kiteares

Endless

To Obtain My Infinite Dream I Shall Even Sink God
Donor
May 9, 2017
is there a walkthrough for this game?
If not i hope i see one eventually since there are already quite a few different paths to the game

The story & models are very good. The only thing i really wish was that the UI was better. Maybe make at least like 6 or 10 saves on 1 page & have multiple pages. That way i could keep different playthroughs on separate pages & not be confused

Reactions: kiteares

sam1234567

May 5, 2018
none of the images are showing up for me when im playing this game all im getting is a black screen but the text is still visable it doesn't happen when i start a new game but it eventually does when i get to a certain point is that a known bug and is there some way for me to fix it?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
none of the images are showing up for me when im playing this game all im getting is a black screen but the text is still visable it doesn't happen when i start a new game but it eventually does when i get to a certain point is that a known bug and is there some way for me to fix it?
1. Did you copy the new game into the old game folder?
2. Did you unpack the game before you try to run it?

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
yes i unpacked it and i dont believe i have an old folder
I'll throw an OpenGl version together in a few minutes. It may be related to the fact, that Unity decided not to support anything DX9 related. So if your GPU can't handle DX11, then you're basically fucked over in Unity these days.
But if OpenGl can make it work, I'll build those as well in the future.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Reactions: Hadgar and kiteares

sam1234567

May 5, 2018
thanks
I'll throw an OpenGl version together in a few minutes. It may be related to the fact, that Unity decided not to support anything DX9 related. So if your GPU can't handle DX11, then you're basically fucked over in Unity these days.
But if OpenGl can make it work, I'll build those as well in the future.

Cheers - Kaffekop

4.10 star(s) 66 Votes